TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Everyone's fav idiot struck again today.
Flynn goes on a rant about how Hoffman being scratched against the best PK in the league makes no sense, all he is good for is the PP and if you think he will do anything 5 on 5 you havent watched a game in a while. Then they tell him Hoffman is out INJURED.
Normand is such an embarrassment, how is he still allowed on TV/Radio

Stop watching. If enough people do that…

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So…Louis Jean has been put on the curb side by TVA Spanre. Won’t be doing les Super Samedis anymore. Announced by the station.

Michel Villeneuve tweeted it, so did the station itself.

I had told you about him and Renaud’s « issues », right?:naughty:

What were the issues between them?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So Renaud is upset that Louis Jean took his Coke from the cafeteria fridge?

If Louis Jean is gone for TVA Sports for good, then it would be foolish of RDS not to pick him up. Louis Jean is one of the best.
No one knows if he stays. He could go back to Sportsnet too.

on veut des potins!
Go ask Renaud!🤣😂🤣😂

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

Apparently Marc-André Perreault also got the boot from Tva Sports. I don't get it. Him and Louis Jean were amongst the few that were actually doing a fine job for the network.

Is this to save money? And even then, I'd have a tough time believing that a guy like Dave Morissette makes less than Marc-André Perreault and I think Dave is much more of a divise personality...

Seems to me like they were asked to make some changes and being as absolutely clueless as they always are, they made all the change that didn't need to get made. Unless there's something I don't understand I'm kind of angrily annoyed at how dumb the heads of the network can be.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh no, not Mapper. What are they thinking.

@Adam Michaels is going to lose it, that’s one of his favorites. I always found Mapper refreshing and funny, made a great team with JiC.

So how many guys at TVA Sports had their turn with Renaud's wife? :sarcasm:

Both Mapper and Louis Jean are two of the brightest parts of TVA Sports. But Mapper is exactly as you say. Funny, refreshing, took his job seriously, but didn't take himself seriously. And he and JiC had great chemistry. I hope he continues to be a contributor on JiC's morning radio show.

Whoever scoops up Louis Jean and Mapper will come out better for it.

And nothing against Elizabeth Rancourt, who replaces Louis Jean. I like her, too. So at the very least, they replaced him with someone who is good at her job. And the fact she worked with Latendresse and Lapierre on the post-game show, they also have chemistry.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So how many guys at TVA Sports had their turn with Renaud's wife? :sarcasm:

Both Mapper and Louis Jean are two of the brightest parts of TVA Sports. But Mapper is exactly as you say. Funny, refreshing, took his job seriously, but didn't take himself seriously. And he and JiC had great chemistry. I hope he continues to be a contributor on JiC's morning radio show.

Whoever scoops up Louis Jean and Mapper will come out better for it.

And nothing against Elizabeth Rancourt, who replaces Louis Jean. I like her, too. So at the very least, they replaced him with someone who is good at her job. And the fact she worked with Latendresse and Lapierre on the post-game show, they also have chemistry.
You didn’t take Mapper’s termination as badly as I thought — I guess we’re not in Juulsen territory. :sarcasm:

Mapper travelled to away arenas while he was employed by Spanre, so he may not be getting as much access to content now that he’ll only be able to cover home games in person.

Just like the Habs, there’s so much deadweight at Spanre, thought they might have cut elsewhere like that ex-player Brutus facsimile with the giant head and fat pleats on his neck or some of these other non-descript lounge lizards that randomly appear on the sets of their shows.

These Spanre management people have little discernment, no kidding they’re always lagging behind RDS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
1671828292472.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
690 will fold soon.
They keep featuring these random voices that come out of nowhere to co-host their shows or simply join regular staff and none of them have a polished radio delivery -- essentially, they are as green as can be. The worst part has to be the regular hosts pumping the tires of these randos by name-dropping them during several segments as if that alone could enhance their relevance.

I happened to channel-surf yesterday when the annoying John Still was on and all I remember is how he kept mentioning his buddy, a Dean Bertoia guy. Still quoted the contents of a conversation he had with the guy, argued against what this character told him, and after repeating "Dean Bertoia" probably 10 times, he finally has this dude come on -- and all that advance pimping was for naught. The guy sounded very tentative about being on air. Another student radio moment.

Last edited:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
They keep featuring these random voices that come out of nowhere to co-host their shows or simply join regular staff and none of them have a polished radio delivery -- essentially, they are as green as can be. The worst part has to be the regular hosts pumping the tires of these randos by name-dropping them during several segments as if that alone could enhance their relevance.

I happened to channel-surf yesterday when the annoying John Still was on and all I remember is how he kept mentioning his buddy, a Dean Bertoia guy. Still quoted the contents of a conversation he had with the guy, argued against what this character told him, and after repeating "Dean Bertoia" probably 10 times, he finally has this dude come on -- and all that advance pimping was for naught. The guy sounded very tentative about being on air. Another student radio moment.

Still was BRUTAL on the McGuire hits this week (only thing I listen to). Seriously where do they find these talentless hacks? Freaking Gallo is Howard Stern compared to the Stills and McKennas of the world

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
You can try all you want to squeeze Braden Schneider into your trade proposals Canuck fans but....

It
Ain't
Happinin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad