TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Listened to McGuires hit on Melnick again. Man it must be tough for Mitch to continue doing shows with these "co-hosts". I think we were way too hard on Gallo.
The biggest issue outside of completely unsalvageable milquetoast slo-mo pontificators with an annoying delivery like Campbell, is the glaring lack of experience.

These new guys are coming straight out of school, they do a few months in the control room and they end up on air soon after. No kidding it’s always amateur hour. Let them get their experience in lower scale set ups and work their way up.

To think that all of this is happening under Melnick’s watch — he has a lot of say in programming decisions. He knows what it takes but he’s not doing anything to change it.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Gallo is one of TSN 690's top assets at the moment because he's among the few who provides thoughts or positions with any sort of conviction. I still find his attitude a little insufferable (i.e., smug) for what he provides.

Unfortunately, he's at his absolute worst when he's on air with Campbell, and most of his time on air just so happens to be with the latter.

The bar is low as can be on 690.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Mitch Melnyk has been pushing burgers and junk food on 690 for ages. Now sounds like he's discovered healthy eating habits? Will weigh himself daily on air for a while. Bon appétit!

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Mitch Melnyk has been pushing burgers and junk food on 690 for ages. Now sounds like he's discovered healthy eating habits? Will weigh himself daily on air for a while. Bon appétit!
Didn't they advertise some meal plan also? guess it's not the healthiest. How old is he? when's he gonna learn that balance nutrition intake is vital as is a solid workout regime.

Reactions: Chili

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I haven't listened to TSN690 in ages. Nothing attracts me to them anymore.

I even stopped listening to BPM Sports in the mornings on my drive to work because Denis Coderre is still replacing JiC, who will be back in two weeks. He's back to his TVA Sports gig, but he's returning to his radio gig on the 23rd. And I can't listen to Coderre. I like him as a contributor. But not as a host.

So now it's either music or podcasts.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I haven't listened to TSN690 in ages. Nothing attracts me to them anymore.

I even stopped listening to BPM Sports in the mornings on my drive to work because Denis Coderre is still replacing JiC, who will be back in two weeks. He's back to his TVA Sports gig, but he's returning to his radio gig on the 23rd. And I can't listen to Coderre. I like him as a contributor. But not as a host.

So now it's either music or podcasts.
I'm the same. I'll sometimes pull up a Gord Miller segment after the fact if I'm doing a 10-minute chore around the house. I never listen to 690 live anymore. Too damn boring.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm the same. I'll sometimes pull up a Gord Miller segment after the fact if I'm doing a 10-minute chore around the house. I never listen to 690 live anymore. Too damn boring.

Same here. I'll go check out the segments of guests I'm interested in on the website after the fact. But I find myself doing that less and less.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Didn't they advertise some meal plan also? guess it's not the healthiest. How old is he? when's he gonna learn that balance nutrition intake is vital as is a solid workout regime.
Didn't hear the meal plan, would be a good start. Would be a change for that station to start promoting healthy eating habits.

Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Gord Miller,the guy that had to expand the width of his doorways just to get in the house?.lol.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I put on TSN 690 for the first time in ages hoping to catch some snippets of the Hughes presser or some talk about Slafkovsky. Instead Mitch and crew are talking about Provorov.

They also mentioned that Andie is out sick. I swear that half the time I put Mitch's show on, she's out sick.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Random question...I'm a New Yorker who listens to Marinaro's podcast pretty frequently. What is the term he uses for a Quebecois player?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Random question...I'm a New Yorker who listens to Marinaro's podcast pretty frequently. What is the term he uses for a Quebecois player?
“Gars de chez nous”, literally means a guy who hails from where we live or come from. Basically, one of us in Quebec.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

French medias doing french medias things.

So they did an investigation to show that PK had not kept his promises of giving 10 millions but just 6.3 millions.
How low can they go.....this low!

Our journalists are pathetic. Like not even Celine gave that kind of money, no athlethes, no celebrities, not even the rich owner of Quebecor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad