TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Sometimes I listen to the game with my GF (she likes listening in french, she is pure laine queb) and she gets second hand embarassment from RDS and TVA sports. Can Quebec media not do better? I hate to say it but both stations needs some diversity. The old farts are really bad and it's a weird clash of times like I'm listening to my racist uncle at the dinner table blabbering on and on and on about nonsense. And the young guys on TVA sports are like these strange robot like young dudes with no charisma it's unreal.

That said Pierre Houde must be protected at all costs , son francais soigner est impeccable meme a son age.
Two channels is too much. If there were only one channel it would already be a start. 75% RDS staff, 25% TVA staff. You bring on Louis Jean, Latendresse and Lapierre. You keep Seguin, Lalime and Sebastien Goulet to do the non-Habs related games. You can bring J-C and Morissette from time to time (not all the time!) on l'antichambre.

Basically, you get RDS from like 10 years ago. It wasn't incredible, but at least it wasn't the same people all the time on either channel.

Then you also try to bring in new faces. A guy like Goulet for example is great at his job. He needs to get more airtime. I bet there's others like him.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He didn’t. It’s an algorithm run by a media company they pay, the ads show up where you’re browsing, essentially.
I don’t see those same ads on other hockey sites I regularly go to and not in the same number and ad size.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly?
He's terrible, really dislike the way he calls goals

Hopefully he gets better with more experience.

He seems like he's behind the play alot. It takes a special skill to paint the picture on the radio, and I've often been confused with his pbp. Where is the puck? Which zone is it in?

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
I don’t see those same ads on other hockey sites I regularly go to and not in the same number and ad size.
Not every site employs a company that does this, but many sports and media companies do. They outsource all of it.

Honestly?
He's terrible, really dislike the way he calls goals
To be fair, I think he’s calling off a monitor sometimes, which makes it much harder. Perhaps I’m mistaken, but that’s the impression I get.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I must be building up a tolerance to some of the hosts ( morning hosts excluded ) but seems not as wretched.
Checked out their pics, no wonder they're on radio and Melnyk still look like one of those Muppet characters.lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
They let the cat out of the bag here eh. Named the horrible radio bosses and passively shat on Mckenna, the new play by play guy, Marco whatver his name is, Starr and Still. Agree with the criticisms
at which point did they talk about mckenna and starr?

Reactions: Garry Valk

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nilan and Marinaro reunited. They will be semi-regular guests on each other's podcasts:

Well, I've generally liked Nilan's podcast so far. He gets good guests, and he just comes off as a genuinely likeable guy.

But I won't have any interest of marinaro being part of his show. He doesn't bring in any value in terms of content.

I think there was supposed to be a nilan podcast coming out with jackeye pretty soon. Looking forward to that one even though the active players are (by necessity these days) very guarded in their responses.

Reactions: rik schau

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well, I've generally liked Nilan's podcast so far. He gets good guests, and he just comes off as a genuinely likeable guy.

But I won't have any interest of marinaro being part of his show. He doesn't bring in any value in terms of content.

I think there was supposed to be a nilan podcast coming out with jackeye pretty soon. Looking forward to that one even though the active players are (by necessity these days) very guarded in their responses.

The episode is already out. The link is in the Xhekaj thread.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there a reason for … Noel Butler?

I can’t understand what the hell he’s saying (nor could Bob Gainey when he made fun of him during an Irishman of the Year speech), yet, it doesn’t prevent him from acting like a soccer pundit on 690. Plus, he’s annoying AF.

Whose idea was it to have his senseless drivel pass off as on air soccer expertise? 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: jackeymoon

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is there a reason for … Noel Butler?

I can’t understand what the hell he’s saying (nor could Bob Gainey when he made fun of him during an Irishman of the Year speech), yet, it doesn’t prevent him from acting like a soccer pundit on 690. Plus, he’s annoying AF.

Whose idea was it to have his senseless drivel pass off as on air soccer expertise? 🤮

IN Canada, it seems the only prerequisite to become a soccer pundit is to have any of the various accents found in the UK/Ireland.

I don't think anybody even knows what background Kristian jack has to get where he got. James Sharman seemed to be a pundit for a while out of nowhere, and now he's selling pastries or something.

IIt's all about the English accents.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So…Louis Jean has been put on the curb side by TVA Spanre. Won’t be doing les Super Samedis anymore. Announced by the station.

Michel Villeneuve tweeted it, so did the station itself.

I had told you about him and Renaud’s « issues », right?:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad