TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If it wasn't for the dearth of insight over the years, this book wouldn't matter. But Habs media offer zilch, zip, nada in the way of insight, or any "peeks" behind the veil. So the demand for this info is outsized and magnified.

Good on Brunet and Gervais, I hope to see more of this.
I totally get the appeal, but part of me resents being baited by this kind of cheap cash-grab.

Yeah, it’s important to remember that Gervais may be a jackass himself. It’s his perception of how things were, not necessarily the reality.

But the friction within the dressing room isn’t surprising. And that’s where a good coach comes in. Robinson would’ve been perfect. Instead we got a guy who made things worse.
Not hiring Robinson was the first massive red-flag. After so many other red-flags I kind of stopped noticing.

Actually, no. Apparently, Brunet did question Gervais’ version (as confirmed by Gervais himself) during this process. Unless Gervais was lying yesterday.
I doubt Gervais was lying. Too much at stake for him to make it up. But without the other side of the story, all we have is a cartoonish version of good vs. evil. Real life is never that simple.

• Love
Reactions: MasterD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mumbles has decided to appear on BPM later today to defend himself and clear up his name.

Someone should tell him that he's not good on interviews and chances are he will look worst getting out of this than when he came in.
Ducharme is slated to appear on BPM’s afternoon show today at 4:30 PM. I need to add it to my agenda so I can be sure to miss it. :sarcasm:

I’ve seen, read and heard several Gervais interviews and every time an interviewer tries to corner him with a loaded question, he robotically keeps repeating “it is what it is.” In a just completed interview on Laraque’s show, he said it twice at the end of his exchange.

He was well loved in his prior job but with his book, the guy is over his head. Habitual pundits and ex-NHL coaches have been cutting him down and every time, he appears caught off guard. The guy was always a low key hard worker and confidant at the job he held for 35 years but this, is clearly not something he was ready for.

danboulie

Dec 23, 2002
The latest Raw Knuckles podcast with Ducharme that came out just a few minutes ago for anyone who wants to have a listen.

Just finished listening to this one.
Nothing much of substance in this interview. Most interesting part is the last 15 mins or so when they discuss last year going off the rails and getting fired. Knuckles asks him what he learned/how he could be a better coach based off that experience, and Ducharme gives some
Nonsensical answer about how he learns every year and leadership. Knuckles keeps pushing the point on how he could be better, and Dom is still incapable Of producing a coherent response.
I’d have to say based off all these interviews he’s done, he really hasn’t done himself any favours in improving his prospects of getting back behind the bench in the nhl.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Just finished listening to this one.
Nothing much of substance in this interview. Most interesting part is the last 15 mins or so when they discuss last year going off the rails and getting fired. Knuckles asks him what he learned/how he could be a better coach based off that experience, and Ducharme gives some
Nonsensical answer about how he learns every year and leadership. Knuckles keeps pushing the point on how he could be better, and Dom is still incapable Of producing a coherent response.
I’d have to say based off all these interviews he’s done, he really hasn’t done himself any favours in improving his prospects of getting back behind the bench in the nhl.
How do you improve perfection?

perfection-947e03e6f6.jpeg

Last edited:

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
2 guys Gervais hated the most...Cammalleri and Niinimaa. Cammy was the most arrogant guy he met. And Niinimaa was just a bad person, drunk, inappropriate in public, would have been destroyed in a social media era. And one time, in a hotel lobby, with his dick out...lol. But Gervais REALLY seems to have hated Cammy with a passion.
Cammy was big reason we upset Capital's and Pitt got to conference finals

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Niinimaa sounds like an all-time legend. Up to and including autumn 2017, obviously.

Nowadays I totally disown his legendary status.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Is TSN radio blocked if you travel to the states? Heard from some friends there they can't get TSN anymore.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Listened on demand the Ward and Melnyk segment, Mitch going on about Monahan being in his early 30's! He just turned 28! do your f in homework,embarrassing. lol.

Is TSN radio blocked if you travel to the states? Heard from some friends there they can't get TSN anymore.
They were probably just off the air or a maintenance issue.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Everyone's fav idiot struck again today.
Flynn goes on a rant about how Hoffman being scratched against the best PK in the league makes no sense, all he is good for is the PP and if you think he will do anything 5 on 5 you havent watched a game in a while. Then they tell him Hoffman is out INJURED.
Normand is such an embarrassment, how is he still allowed on TV/Radio

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Everyone's fav idiot struck again today.
Flynn goes on a rant about how Hoffman being scratched against the best PK in the league makes no sense, all he is good for is the PP and if you think he will do anything 5 on 5 you havent watched a game in a while. Then they tell him Hoffman is out INJURED.
Normand is such an embarrassment, how is he still allowed on TV/Radio

RDS has no competency thresholds, clearly.

Flynn was back on 5 à 7 this afternoon, as if nothing were.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Called the Montreal station directly and they were nice enough to call me back and inform me that it's blocked in the U.S until the world cup soccer tournament is over.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I only heard about the RDS documentary today about the Habs Bruins rivalry. I missed the first two episodes, does anyone know how to watch them. I have Bell but the On Demand for 25 Ans D'émotions past episodes is horrible, there's only about 8 episodes dating back to 2020 and beyond.

A Google search turns up the full.47 minute episode but when you click it there's just a blurb on RDS with no video.

Any leads would be great.

I suppose they will eventually re air the full 4 episodes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad