TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gotta wonder if this is the last season of the Habs on TSN.

Why would it be? For them, it's not who covers each team. It's how much TSN pays to broadcast.

They're just reshuffling the staff. Two openings happened in Winnipeg this off-season. So they filled those spots there.

And those who leave the Montreal coverage will get replaced.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Why would it be? For them, it's not who covers each team. It's how much TSN pays to broadcast.

They're just reshuffling the staff. Two openings happened in Winnipeg this off-season. So they filled those spots there.

I believe the coming season is the last season that TSN owns the regional rights for the Habs. Just seems like maybe they are not renewing the habs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So I'm guessing john lu got Sara orlesky's gig?

Seeing a guy who has been in the industry for decades, and then voluntarily chooses to leave Montreal for Winnipeg.... It just goes to show how small the english montreal market really is.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
So I'm guessing john lu got Sara orlesky's gig?

Seeing a guy who has been in the industry for decades, and then voluntarily chooses to leave Montreal for Winnipeg.... It just goes to show how small the english montreal market really is.
He's from Winnipeg.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

For these two quality media people to agree to relocate to the Peg, it must have represented a massive pay raise. Nobody leaves a major cosmopolitan city like Montreal for arguably the least desirable city to live and work in, in Canada.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Losing Robertson is one thing but then, to see him replaced by a milquetoast like Campbell, is a double whammy.

This is the first time in decades that a Habs PxP voice is a major letdown.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Friggin’ Deadwood Louis starting his rounds early on BPM. He’s as omnipresent as an orange cone.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's on their payroll at this point lmao.

They let him go on for like 20 minutes straight sometimes... :laugh:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Oh God, they did replace him with Campbell? Permanently?

That station is not long for this world.

Melnick has really confirmed this? Official replacement? There’s no way they can keep Campbell vs Gallo in that case, and they have no one else, not even interns, who can sub in for him permanently.

It’ll just be Gallo hosting a show for 4 hours? Lol

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
John Lu was extremely useless. No interviews, no breaks, no insight, absolutely nothing. Totally useless in this market. I’m glad he got another gig elsewhere because he was going to be out of a job if he was caught.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Melnick has really confirmed this? Official replacement? There’s no way they can keep Campbell vs Gallo in that case, and they have no one else, not even interns, who can sub in for him permanently.

It’ll just be Gallo hosting a show for 4 hours? Lol
oh yes way. TSN El-Cheapo will change it to Gallo and Friends. With a revised cast of fellow midgets, talking toasters, pokémon and interactive, talking pleasure dolls.

Soupy will co-host when not on the road

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And not surprisingly, Campbell appointed as the official successor to Robertson.

Campbell flanked by two other interns turned broadcasters, Gallo and Still.

This is the end of listening to Habs games on 690 for me. The seasoned pros are at 98.5 FM, so it’ll be an easy transition.
Same for me brother.........You know me....give people second chances, don't like bashing people, give guys a THIRD chance.....but this.....this......I'm literally at a lost for words because Sean Campbell is really that bad....like stab me in the eye with a fork bad.

He speaks to his audience as though we were his pupils at Sunday camp or his baseball players in little league......his voice, his words, his personality, his delivery is beyond vanilla.

There's more energy in an episode of 100 Huntley street then a half or period of listening to this lame duck.

TSN690.....WTF are you guys doing!!!!!!

This is your version of Jamie Campbell (of all names) doing Blue Jay games.........BOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIING

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another reason to love Mapper.

He’s all heart and knows good people when he’s lucky enough to have them on his path. Class act.

Reactions: jaffy27

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
Can you in your wildest dreams imagine Campbell is now the main Play by play guy for the most storied franchise in the history of Hockey.

This is crazier than when the NFL had Dennis Miller on Monday night broadcasts.

Reactions: jaffy27

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
oh yes way. TSN El-Cheapo will change it to Gallo and Friends. With a revised cast of fellow midgets, talking toasters, pokémon and interactive, talking pleasure dolls.

Soupy will co-host when not on the road
I for one am stoked to hear Pikachu's take on Slafkovsky not being NHL ready.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined after reading that John Lu blasphemous slander. The nerve, the gull, how dare you!!!
Are you being genuine?

Because John Lu’s biggest break in his career was when he spoiled Carey and Angela Price’s pregnancy announcement. Otherwise he’s wallpaper.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
I never thought I would miss Fat Tony, but man... the afternoon is so freaking dull without his annoying voice.

I don't know who does the hiring on TSN690 but they need to be fired. Are there seriously no young peope out there with an ounce of personality that they can hire? They can't get someone from the podcast or youtube space?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Are you being genuine?

Because John Lu’s biggest break in his career was when he spoiled Carey and Angela Price’s pregnancy announcement. Otherwise he’s wallpaper.
His job wasn't to break deals... it was to be the team's correspondent. That biggest break you speak of was actually the worst thing to happen to John Lu professionally. The most important thing in his job was to have close ties with the players. Be a trusted source in the locker room.

Reactions: shello

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
His job wasn't to break deals... it was to be the team's correspondent. That biggest break you speak of was actually the worst thing to happen to John Lu professionally. The most important thing in his job was to have close ties with the players. Be a trusted source in the locker room.
Well he could’ve shared some of his insight with his viewers and listeners sometimes. Being their private therapist is cool too but us Habs fans never got a whiff of anything from Lu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad