TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsHammer

Oct 15, 2019
I think Matthew Ross can be given the benefit of the doubt on this one. It was a terrible take and he's certainly taken the heat for it but the apology is well written and seems sincere. Not sure why people want to keep piling on by questioning his sincerity considering I'm sure most had no idea who he was prior to this incident.
Im not sure I really get what he’s said that’s so wrong? Let me start by saying I know nothing about baseball, but the guys clearly fat? He’s also, I’m guessing, an extremely highly paid athlete. There’s no way that an athlete should look like that in 2022. It is embarrassing.

Forgetting all of that though, he’s a radio host, he should be leaning into this and accepting the flack and listeners that it creates.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Im not sure I really get what he’s said that’s so wrong? Let me start by saying I know nothing about baseball, but the guys clearly fat? He’s also, I’m guessing, an extremely highly paid athlete. There’s no way that an athlete should look like that in 2022. It is embarrassing.

Forgetting all of that though, he’s a radio host, he should be leaning into this and accepting the flack and listeners that it creates.

What about linesmen in football? They are fat... and the year is 2022. Are they embarrassing?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Always a treat to listen to Gord Miller doing his weekly segment on 690. He’s chock full of riveting takes, anecdotes, statistical anomalies. Can rattle off events, names, dates and stats without effort on almost anything. Talk about added value for listeners.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Always a treat to listen to Gord Miller doing his weekly segment on 690. He’s chock full of riveting takes, anecdotes, statistical anomalies. Can rattle off events, names, dates and stats without effort on almost anything. Talk about added value for listeners.
man missed it, I have to get off after habs lunch, when music hour begins. and then explain how the song or band is so good. who the heck cares. start a podcast talk your music.. dumb

Reactions: shello and Runner77

HabsHammer

Oct 15, 2019
What about linesmen in football? They are fat... and the year is 2022. Are they embarrassing?
Linesmen aren’t athletes and aren’t paid to be. I’m British so assuming you mean actual football 😂 but the fat linesmen also do get abused by thousands on a weekly basis

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Linesmen aren’t athletes and aren’t paid to be. I’m British so assuming you mean actual football 😂 but the fat linesmen also do get abused by thousands on a weekly basis

I mean north american football offensive and defensive linesmen. They are both on the larger side and are absolutely athletes.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He has a lot of talent

Reactions: Runner77

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Tom Jones is essentially Pat Boone, Melnick. I hate self proclaimed music people with horrible taste in music.

And Andie is as punk as Daft Punk.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mapper is routinely the first guest on JiC’s BPM morning show as well as being a daily contributor to JiC’s weekday afternoon Spanre show.

Maybe it’s time they made a musical/ special effects intro segment for him. One of the coolest, unassuming reporters on the beat, you’ll find.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is matthew ross out at tsn690?

I don't see his show listed in the audio section from the "shows" tab anymore.
690 only parts ways with staff if they’ve refused to get vaccinated or if they go rogue on them by setting up a non-affiliated podcast/ YT channel. :sarcasm:

If I had to guess, they probably told him to lay low until the dust settles.

He’s already shown contrition by issuing an apology, so that is probably part of the equation.

Although, they could have continued running the show with a guest host for an extended time, so that is perplexing.

Last edited:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Whats' with the radio station? should they not be having some live coverage or something? Is there no live broadcast on weekends?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
690 only parts ways with staff if they’ve refused to get vaccinated or if they go rogue on them by setting up a non-affiliated podcast/ YT channel. :sarcasm:

If I had to guess, they probably told him to lay low until the dust settles.

He’s already shown contrition by issuing an apology, so that is probably part of the equation.

Although, they could have continued running the show with a guest host for an extended time, so that is perplexing.
they could run that show with a baboon and google translate. Game plan is absolutely garbage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad