TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Just hearing Gallo talk is annoying on its own, add to the fact that he’s not even a Habs fan but a dirty leafs fan.

They fired Nilan over a vaccine… :facepalm: what a horrible business model.

A vaccine he was medically advised not to take for a job he didn't actually need to be vaccinated for. Honestly, the shows suck now, no more interesting guests or insights and even Melnick has clearly tuned out. Andie isn't going to make a big difference and Still is what a McKenna/Gallo clone mix would sound like.

They have zero former NHL staffers or players as hosts, shameful for a hockey town like Montreal.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
A vaccine he was medically advised not to take for a job he didn't actually need to be vaccinated for. Honestly, the shows suck now, no more interesting guests or insights and even Melnick has clearly tuned out. Andie isn't going to make a big difference and Still is what a McKenna/Gallo clone mix would sound like.

They have zero former NHL staffers or players as hosts, shameful for a hockey town like Montreal.
What a shit show. Pathetic. Nilan / Marinaro WAS TSN690. Now I can’t even listen to it. Even Melnick bothers me now without Chris and Tony there.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
The hilarity of still being a "vaccines are bad" person aside...

Just be honest and say you aren't getting it because of your political views don't lie about it.

Think for yourself, respect other's opinions, especially when you might be wrong. Demagoguery around medication that's seemingly ineffective towards new variants is a tiresome affair. It's been 2 years, everyone who's vaccinated has gotten sick despite prior claims by health canada and as a society we should admit that the division and coercion around this drug was not OK. I won't disclose my status as it is a violation of the law but I have tremendous sympathy for those who were unjustly terminated. Chris in particular had a verified allergy towards one of the ingredients so be a little human and have empathy for others.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
Think for yourself, respect other's opinions, especially when you might be wrong. Demagoguery around medication that's seemingly ineffective towards new variants is a tiresome affair. It's been 2 years, everyone who's vaccinated has gotten sick despite prior claims by health canada and as a society we should admit that the division and coercion around this drug was not OK. I won't disclose my status as it is a violation of the law but I have tremendous sympathy for those who were unjustly terminated. Chris in particular had a verified allergy towards one of the ingredients so be a little human and have empathy for others.
Where do you come up with this crap. Most of the people I know who were vaccinated did not get it and if they did it was like a 2 day cold.

Put me in jail, I am triple vaxxed.

Nilan is a bit of a right winger and maybe he is and maybe he isnt allergic , but I can't see Bell firing unless there was more to the story.

The division was sown by the anti-vaxxers and not the the different levels of government.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Where do you come up with this crap. Most of the people I know who were vaccinated did not get it and if they did it was like a 2 day cold.

Nilan is a bit of a right winger and maybe he is and maybe he isnt allergic , but I can't see Bell firing unless there was more to the story.

The division was sown by the anti-vaxxers and not the the different levels of government.
My freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin. More to the story? Sure bud. Personally I think Bell media is ridiculous and TSN690 will not survive this.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

I love Nilan but that's ridiculous that he claimed he was medically advised not to take the jab. There are VERY few medical reasons not to take it. He has openly spoken in favour of Sylvain Lefebvre, Aaron Rodgers and Novak Djokovic for not taking it. Knuckles has put heroine and oxycontin into his body for crying out loud! Bad choices often have consequences. Unfortunately he has made many bad choices and it cost him his job this time.

Yes...TSN 690 programming is bad and worse without Nilan. If only there's something he could have done to stay on.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
My freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin. More to the story? Sure bud. Personally I think Bell media is ridiculous and TSN690 will not survive this.
Yeah right. Bell media's the only organization to require it too. Even Fox News required all their employees to get vaccinated and they get high ratings by stirring up conspiracy theories against receiving the jab.

Nilan's not very bright and this was another dumb choice he made.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

I'm vaxed but still got it seriously for like a day. The worst part was the residual effects though. We live in a capitalist society. Private enterprises have the right to demand certain perametres from their employees. It's also a public safety thing. We have universal healthcare. If people get sick, tax dollars/you and I have to take care of them. Bell media, whether I agree or disagree about mandates and such, are completely in the right

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin.
That's fair, but it has to be applied universally. So if I am holding a loaded gun and trembling with a medical condition, your fear for yourself and your family is probably reasonable, and my freedom is dangerous.

It's all about the right balance.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
That's fair, but it has to be applied universally. So if I am holding a loaded gun and trembling with a medical condition, your fear for yourself and your family is probably reasonable, and my freedom is dangerous.

It's all about the right balance.
Freedom is dangerous, live with it. I live my life one quarter mile at a time, I don’t let fear control me. I do what resonates within me.

Reactions: jackeymoon

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Tuned into the station and apparently they will be having Gallagher at some point,might be good,and illuminating.

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
I think Bell Media is trying to sabotage their own stats of TSN 690, but trotting out the 2 worst personalities together at the same time. I would rather hear dead air from 10-2.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Freedom is dangerous, live with it. I live my life one quarter mile at a time, I don’t let fear control me. I do what resonates within me.
I really don't understand this way of thinking. When you accept to live within a given society, it means you also accept its rules and governance. You may not always agree with the direction, however you still have to respect the rules and boundaries.

If you want to love your life your way, then go and start your own libertatia where you can set your own rules.

Otherwise kindly keep quiet about this "infringing" upon my freedom bs.

And the only reason the world is actually able to move forward from COVID is entirely because of the vaccinated population. I guess the 1m+ dead in the US alone (which speaks volume about THAT culture) is just a coincidence. 😏

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I really don't understand this way of thinking. When you accept to live within a given society, it means you also accept its rules and governance. You may not always agree with the direction, however you still have to respect the rules and boundaries.

If you want to love your life your way, then go and start your own libertatia where you can set your own rules.

And the only reason the world is actually able to move forward from COVID is entirely because of the vaccinated population. I guess the 1m+ dead in the US alone (which speaks volume about THAT culture) is just a coincidence. 😏
True but people must not also get complacent. Politics is the study of control imo. When populations allow governments to infringe on their rights, it turns out bad. Look at the U.S post 9/11 with the Patriot act. It's important to have people like you who follow the rules and maintain order but also people willing to stand up for our rights instead of sheepishly living life in blissful ignorance. Balance is needed. Now back to tsn690 talk...

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022

I guess you didn’t read the Pfizer report, 12% increase against transmission for the 1st week and it drops to 1% the 2nd week. 9 pages yes 9 pages of side effects. My cousin is having heart problems because of the vax and one of my best friends developed and auto immune disease and looks like a leper right now shedding skin and the doctors don’t know what to do.

Anyways I don’t wanna derail this thread but my point is that you go ahead and do you and I’ll do me. My freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin, if you’re scared then do what resonates with you. I’m fearless. I don’t have to start any libertatia I’m just gonna live my life free in Canada. My medical history is nobody’s business but my own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad