TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The remaining question is if the afternoon show will be Andie and Melnick only, or will there be a third as there always has been? I'd be good if it was John Still.

Of course the morning show used to be three people, so maybe the cost cutting extends to Melnick's show too now.

They need an operator. Itll be Still or Jimmy G, unless Andie will be operating which I highly doubt.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
They need an operator. Itll be Still or Jimmy G, unless Andie will be operating which I highly doubt.

I pray that it’s not Jimmy G. Congrats on knowing a bunch of useless information. But constantly bringing up random little factoids adds nothing to the sports talk.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Meh - This ain't really a vibe I'm into 🤷‍♂️

The new Waldorf and Statler. :)

315px-StatlerandWaldorf%282%29.JPG

Not even a little surprised that Campbell would be doing the 10-2 time slot since one could see that was gonna happen from a mile away and I posted about it in this thread a few days ago with Melnick's 2-6 news.

Wasn't expecting the Gallo news though so I guess Melnick will likely be full time with Andie and Jon Still now I'm guessing.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
The new Waldorf and Statler. :)

315px-StatlerandWaldorf%282%29.JPG

Not even a little surprised that Campbell would be doing the 10-2 time slot since one could see that was gonna happen from a mile away and I posted about it in this thread a few days ago with Melnick's 2-6 news.

Wasn't expecting the Gallo news though so I guess Melnick will likely be full time with Andie and Jon Still now I'm guessing.
Melnick full time?
I doubt it lol, when’s the last time he did a full week?
He was off again yesterday and it’s my understanding he won’t be in again today

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Melnick full time?
I doubt it lol, when’s the last time he did a full week?
He was off again yesterday and it’s my understanding he won’t be in again today
Maybe I should've said that Andie and Still will likely be his full time co-hosts when he is there, which doesn't seem like it's been very often the past 2-3 months.

Yeah he won't be in today or for the rest of this week and will return next Monday according to Gallo yesterday, after a listener texted in asking if Melnick still works at 690. :) Gallo said Melnick was using up some of his vacation time (which he seems to have a lot of) when there isn't much going on and so he can be there when hockey starts again.

He was off for the first few days of last week because his step father passed away he said once he returned again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Glad Runner is back kinda of!
Lol, I’m a glorified reader of posts now. I miss the banter.

There are so many posters I have enjoyed reading over the years. You Sir, are a forum staple — you always call it as you see it and you have the best Leaf monikers. Nice to hear from you. :)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lol, I’m a glorified reader of posts now. I miss the banter.

There are so many posters I have enjoyed reading over the years. You Sir, are a forum staple — you always call it as you see it and you have the best Leaf monikers. Nice to hear from you. :)
YOU TOO!! hope all is well

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just heard the replay of the Campbell and Gallo "huge announcement" on 690 from this morning. Campbell when talking about the finals and him wanting Tampa to win said "I like a good jerk". o_O He was referring to liking Perry but man that's just way too much information to broadcast over the radio there Sean b'y. :)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Who was Tony's operator the day the Habs announced they weren't matching the KK offer sheet and traded for Dvorak? Was it Jimmy G? It may have been the greatest gong show in TSN 690 history.

Everyone on social media and HF Boards knew the Habs acquired Dvorak a good 30 minutes before Tony found out. Tony kept yammering on that his sources have told him the Habs have traded Poehling.:laugh: His operator must have been napping because the Dvorak trade was all over social media long before Tony knew. Tony then had a hissy fit on the air and took shots at his operator after he made a complete ass of himself reporting that Poehling was traded. Priceless comedy!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Who was Tony's operator the day the Habs announced they weren't matching the KK offer sheet and traded for Dvorak? Was it Jimmy G? It may have been the greatest gong show in TSN 690 history.

Everyone on social media and HF Boards knew the Habs acquired Dvorak a good 30 minutes before Tony found out. Tony kept yammering on that his sources have told him the Habs have traded Poehling.:laugh: His operator must have been napping because the Dvorak trade was all over social media long before Tony knew. Tony then had a hissy fit on the air and took shots at his operator after he made a complete ass of himself reporting that Poehling was traded. Priceless comedy!
Yup it was Jimmy G. I was listening that day as well and I was like he doesn't know the Habs have already traded for Dvorak yet. How doesn't he know this yet? :)

I went looking for the audio from that show and found it. :)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yup it was Jimmy G. I was listening that day as well and I was like he doesn't know the Habs have already traded for Dvorak yet. How doesn't he know this yet? :)

I went looking for the audio from that show and found it. :)
Haha! It would drive Tony bonkers that this audio is still available. Great find!

Reactions: tazsub3 and sheed36

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Only reason i ever listened to the station was the Montreal forum with Tony and even that at times with all the soccer talk was a bit much.I was out of town one afternoon and turned 690 on and it was a boring snooze fest.They weren't even talking sports.I turned to another station

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Don't get a chance to tune in live that often,did earlier and what in sam hill is going on there?lol
I was expecting to hear a lot of hype for the finals and some interesting tidbits about what Montreal is up to,nope.lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I did not find him to be a hack,passionate yes, but otherwise found him to be entertaining.lol

Same here. There are times I find him annoying, but overall I like him and he's entertaining.

I feel the same way about JiC. At times I'm annoyed by him, but I find him entertaining most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad