TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Without Marinaro the only one left at 690 with a shred of personality is Melnick. The others all sound the same, like some robots repeating the same things over and over. Hopefully they can add some flavor for the fall. I like the idea of Melnick starting at 2:00 pm like someone mentioned earlier.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I disagree, Nilan and Campbell were a great duo, and having the Habs lunch with Marinaro and Nilan with other guys chiming in was great. Listening to Marinaro’s hot takes was entertaining. The good old days of 690
Don’t get me wrong loved the lunch it was when they were solo I hated

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
His co-hosts have mentioned a few times that he has a successful law practice. Not sure how he has time to also do sports radio or what his connection is but I actually enjoy his showman abilities and sports takes more than many of the usual suspects on 690.

There has been some guy named Beaker doing shows a few times recently and he's awful.
Is he THE Beaker that used to post here???

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Is he THE Beaker that used to post here???
It would have been funny if it was Beaker the poster. Some HF posters using their aliases would certainly add some spice to 690. It would be Tony on steroids!
No, the guy’s name is Meeker
I wonder if he's related to the legendary Howie Meeker. Probably not as Howie would have passed on some better hockey acumen genes.

Reactions: Barriwhite

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
It would have been funny if it was Beaker the poster. Some HF posters using their aliases would certainly add some spice to 690. It would be Tony on steroids!

I wonder if he's related to the legendary Howie Meeker. Probably not as Howie would have passed on some better hockey acumen genes.
Dont think so. Howie was white. Also Meeker is his first name.

Last edited:

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com

Named after him, he’s mentioned it before.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Major TSN 690 announcement at 11am today.
Given the announcement out of Ottawa coming, I would hope it's that Bell Media is dropping the mandates as well and that Nilan is welcome back. Not that he is the world's greatest radio host but what happened to him was unfair.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Given the announcement out of Ottawa coming, I would hope it's that Bell Media is dropping the mandates as well and that Nilan is welcome back. Not that he is the world's greatest radio host but what happened to him was unfair.

I'd hope so but sincerely doubt it. There was never a mandate for radio work, the station likely used it as an excuse to shed salary

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
LOL AS IF the announcement WASN'T going to be "ok yeah btw, campbell and gallo joining forces for a 4 hour show 10 to 2 , 5 days a week"
JOY lol

So basically three 4 hour shows is the whole roster
But to be quite honest a "2 hour show" never made sense to me like, it feels 35 mins long or something lol

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The remaining question is if the afternoon show will be Andie and Melnick only, or will there be a third as there always has been? I'd be good if it was John Still.

Of course the morning show used to be three people, so maybe the cost cutting extends to Melnick's show too now.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hi Dino, thx for asking.

I’ve taken a break from posting on this forum. Not sure what I’ll be doing next. However, glad to see yourself and the posting base here, keeping things interesting. ;)
At least you’re alive. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad