TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I did as well. Captain Midnight was my fave.
Captain Midnight is also the alias of a dude who hacked HBO when it first started charging for its channel in the early 90s.

I stream tsn 690 at times, but it's just f***ing brutal. I'd rather listen to the team 1200.

Maybe it will be better without f***ing Tony.

There was some other idiot who had a show there and would either post here, or make comments. I can't rememberhis name but he was pretty much wrong on everything. Haven't heard his name mentioned, so maybe he got fired, or quit.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Tuned in now and again:eek3:

4r9qe8.jpg

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I just noticed a recommended video on my Youtube main page that Tony is now doing food tasting videos on his podcast. This must be his ultimate dream job. :)

View attachment 556292

I have a friend doing the food tasting videos too, equally as overweight and I'm like - I don't want to see you eat another deep fried poutine pizza burger...Legit concerned watching those things 🥴

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Dan Robertson was excellent last week when he did a few afternoon shows.
So maybe it's not what they are saying but HOW it sounds what they are saying?:dunno:
Robertson has a good voice for radio is what I'm alluding to.I know how things sound can be a personal thing but I had this GF,smoking hot,but couldn't get past her voice and laugh as she sounded and laughed like Fran Drescher from the Nanny.:eek2:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
So maybe it's not what they are saying but HOW it sounds what they are saying?:dunno:
Robertson has a good voice for radio is what I'm alluding to.I know how things sound can be a personal thing but I had this GF,smoking hot,but couldn't get past her voice and laugh as she sounded and laughed like Fran Drescher from the Nanny.:eek2:
I find him more polished, level headed, analytical and grounded than others on that station. He also had good guests during his shows. He seems to be well respected and likely much harder to say no to than others at that station with their own shows. And yes...a great voice.

I'd much rather listen to him any day of the week than an egomaniac drama queen like Tony.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
990 is actually getting worse, at least Tony brought emotion to his show. The current hosts are all boring, with the lamest jokes
Exactly. It's sports radio you need some entertainment value in there and I'm not talking about the hosts playing trivia amongst themselves. Brutal, thank God for Sirius.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Andie and Erik are good.

Tony is better than the rest though such as Sean and gallo and still and whoever else they have.

Gallo on play by play is tough to listen to, even though Melnick told him "good job!"

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
990 is actually getting worse, at least Tony brought emotion to his show. The current hosts are all boring, with the lamest jokes
TSN690 has been terrible for a long long time - Melnick has been the only “pro” on the station for the last decade plus.

The illiterate from Ville LaSalle brought little intelligence to the station to begin with.

Reactions: DougHarvey

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
TSN 690 has become unbearable, Mitch Gallo is horrible I rather listen to the Pacioretty Presti commercial.

The only two guys that were interesting were Nilan and Marinaro.

Reactions: jackeymoon

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I might be in minority , but listening to Andy and especially eric macramalla is way way more rewarding then that shouting tony and his no iq guests like Norman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad