TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
You guys should do what I do. Listen to 91.9 up until Réjean Tremblay comes on and blabs about boxing, at which point switch to TSN 690. If the conversation on TSN 690 is not relevant and/or boring listen to music on 92.5

So basically switch between 91.9 and 92.5
92.5 doesnt play actual music

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I use to listen to a lot of Steve Somers on WFAN late at night years ago here in Newfoundland. I could surprisingly pick it up quite well on most nights on my old AM radio.
Yessir. Steve Somers did the graveyard shift on WFAN. I once called him. Nice guy but he certainly didn't follow hockey very closely.

Reactions: sheed36

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I can come here for pure information.
Of course that is practical however I prefer to pipe the feed to wherever I may be roaming about in or out and around the homestead as a bit of a multitasker and not the biggest fan of planting my face in yet another viewing monitor.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
OK, straight up asking here : reading this thread, I’m wondering, aren’t you guys WORKING during the day??? How do you find time to listen to so much radio???

Not judging you or anything (yes I am), but da fook is going on??? You all millionnaires like @waffledave or somethin’?

Get back to work, mes prolétaires!!!

Le populaire??? Lol

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
OK, straight up asking here : reading this thread, I’m wondering, aren’t you guys WORKING during the day??? How do you find time to listen to so much radio???

Not judging you or anything (yes I am), but da fook is going on??? You all millionnaires like @waffledave or somethin’?

Le populaire??? Lol
Your day is my night. lol

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Le populaire??? Lol

At my work, whether I'm sitting at my computer doing la paperasse or whether I'm doing the physical part of the job (through my earpods), I can listen to the radio. Then also in my car during my commutes.

I don't always listen to the radio. Sometimes I listen to podcasts and sometimes to music.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Le populaire??? Lol
Radio doesn't affect my productivity whatsoever but this damn site's another story! ;)

Reactions: Garry Valk

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Le populaire??? Lol
With the kind of work I do, I can easily have the radio, music or TV on in the background.

Reactions: jackeymoon

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Should listen to WFAN in NY… real sports radio, and the founding father of all sports radio in the world.
WFAN is the best , I've been listening to NY radio for years and nothing here comes remotely close , unfortunate because I'd love to support local shows but just can't deal with any of them for some reason

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Another Steve Somers fan here, he was the best. He rarely had guests, didn't need them. The respect for him from the callers was clear. A lot of it was baseball talk which I don't follow but he was always a great listen anyway.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

expy

Nov 2, 2010

Le populaire??? Lol
Not everyone works in a sweatshop that doesn't let you listen to music/radio.

Serge Menard

Aug 19, 2021
Edmundston, New Brunswick
anyone have a link to listen WFAN? it is not on i heart and I looked on line for the station as well
Hi! How are You? WFAN is not available for Canadians listeners online, because of copyrights reasons like commercials and such, it happened after the big copyrights crisis during the Napster years concerning copyrights of the Artists, the RIAA pout out a very good fight, and they somewhat won. There are a lot of Americans radio stations not available for those living outside the USA and USA Protectorate State or Countries and some are available for the Armed Forces living outside the USA on Armed Forces bases around the World, if You want to listen to sports radio from the USA, the radio station owned by Audacy at WEEI I think, it is a Boston radio station and there are some others more local in the Midwest are available for us outside the USA. A lot of IHeart radio stations in the USA are not available for us in Canada and other Countries. It is sad, but it is the reality of the situations. Take care and try to have a great day.

Serge Menard

Aug 19, 2021
Edmundston, New Brunswick
Hi! How are You? WFAN is not available for Canadians listeners online, because of copyrights reasons like commercials and such, it happened after the big copyrights crisis during the Napster years concerning copyrights of the Artists, the RIAA pout out a very good fight, and they somewhat won. There are a lot of Americans radio stations not available for those living outside the USA and USA Protectorate State or Countries and some are available for the Armed Forces living outside the USA on Armed Forces bases around the World, if You want to listen to sports radio from the USA, the radio station owned by Audacy at WEEI I think, it is a Boston radio station and there are some others more local in the Midwest are available for us outside the USA. A lot of IHeart radio stations in the USA are not available for us in Canada and other Countries. It is sad, but it is the reality of the situations. Take care and try to have a great day.
Hi, sorry it is me again, if You want to listen to WFAN and those kinds of radio stations You have to buy a very good AM Radio player, those very good old analog radios from companies from Russia or like Zenith or Sony or Grundig and Panasonic. Those kinds of radios are available on Ebay or Auctions sites or Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace or even on Amazon sometimes. Stay safe and good listening and DXing.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I used to listen to it on AM radio at night as a kid from my room right from the very beginning of its inception. In fact, I used to listen to the same station when it was WNBC 660. Bob Costas had a great Sunday evening show called "Costas Coast to Coast".
I did as well. Captain Midnight was my fave.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Confirmed that Marinaro will be on JiC on TVA Sports

I just noticed a recommended video on my Youtube main page that Tony is now doing food tasting videos on his podcast. This must be his ultimate dream job. :)

Tony's Tastings.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad