TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
True but people must not also get complacent. Politics is the study of control imo. When populations allow governments to infringe on their rights, it turns out bad. Look at the U.S post 9/11 with the Patriot act. It's important to have people like you who follow the rules and maintain order but also people willing to stand up for our rights instead of sheepishly living life in blissful ignorance. Balance is needed. Now back to tsn690 talk...
Hahaha i wasn't advocating to blindly follow! We have legal rights that allow us to express thos views, and proper channels to make those views heard. What i am saying is that I'm against the idea of expressing, supporting and pushing for ideas that are completely unfounded or straight up false. And i guess in this context the anti-vaxing view has repeatedly been proven incorrect, false and straight up wrong. In addition to that, a large portion of the movement supports the idea of overthrowing the government and general disent. They truly believe they are fighting against an imaginary tyrant. And a complete disregard for the general populations health and safety.

But if you want to express anger towards the CAQ for its gross negligence and incompetence, that's a-ok. Throw in TSN 690 in the mix. I'll say that's the fault of the anti-vaxers. Ruining 690. Shame on y'all.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I guess you didn’t read the Pfizer report, 12% increase against transmission for the 1st week and it drops to 1% the 2nd week. 9 pages yes 9 pages of side effects. My cousin is having heart problems because of the vax and one of my best friends developed and auto immune disease and looks like a leper right now shedding skin and the doctors don’t know what to do.

Anyways I don’t wanna derail this thread but my point is that you go ahead and do you and I’ll do me. My freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin, if you’re scared then do what resonates with you. I’m fearless. I don’t have to start any libertatia I’m just gonna live my life free in Canada. My medical history is nobody’s business but my own.
I'm on triple Moderna. Never had an issue and n ver got COVID (despite literally everyone around me getting it...no one died nor had side effects). The report you refer to is pretty common amongst any medication. It is neither outstanding nor surprising. Like any medicine, side effects are possible but the benefits always outweigh the cons (death, for example). Additionally, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. Not an argument you should bother bringing up, really.

I also don't care or want to know your medical history. You're also free to choose, so long aa your choices aren't hurting others around you. 🐑

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Hahaha i wasn't advocating to blindly follow! We have legal rights that allow us to express thos views, and proper channels to make those views heard. What i am saying is that I'm against the idea of expressing, supporting and pushing for ideas that are completely unfounded or straight up false. And i guess in this context the anti-vaxing view has repeatedly been proven incorrect, false and straight up wrong. In addition to that, a large portion of the movement supports the idea of overthrowing the government and general disent. They truly believe they are fighting against an imaginary tyrant. And a complete disregard for the general populations health and safety.

But if you want to express anger towards the CAQ for its gross negligence and incompetence, that's a-ok. Throw in TSN 690 in the mix. I'll say that's the fault of the anti-vaxers. Ruining 690. Shame on y'all.
I'm vaxxed and have no problem with the mandate. But it is possible to be pro Vax while being anti Covid vax. The roll out of it was completely irregular. The rules surrounding it changed so much and there weren't any reliable studies done on it for long term effects (obviously). I only got it once it became FDA approved last September. General dissent in a society is healthy if Said society isnt perfect. It allows for changes to happen and allowed for many of the great changes in the 20th century. Also if were referring to Canada, regardless of ideological bend, everyone needs to understand that the Canadian government and prime minister is unique in that they have the most power relative to their country in the western world. The powers available to them are scary and borderline dictatorial. No other western leader has the level of power in their respective country as the Canadian prime minister.

The people hating on 690 for creating a mandate are ridiculous btw

Reactions: habsfan92

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I'm on triple Moderna. Never had an issue and n ver got COVID (despite literally everyone around me getting it...no one died nor had side effects). The report you refer to is pretty common amongst any medication. It is neither outstanding nor surprising. Like any medicine, side effects are possible but the benefits always outweigh the cons (death, for example). Additionally, anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. Not an argument you should bother bringing up, really.

I also don't care or want to know your medical history. You're also free to choose, so long aa your choices aren't hurting others around you. 🐑
I’m not responsible for those around me only for myself. I had covid and it was just a runny nose and leaky eyes for me, lasted 1 day. My personal medical choices are made with my health in mind and my health only. My cousin thought she was doing the right thing and now she has myocarditis and heart irregularities and the doctors don’t know what to do. So I’m always free to chose for myself.

I’m not responding anymore because I don’t wanna derail this thread. Have a good night.

Reactions: jaffy27

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Mario, Mario, Mario Langlois…spewing nonsense again tonight about getting PLD and not drafting Wright ‘because we will get Dubois, we won’t need a 3rd centre!’

This guy is just incompetent in his sports knowledge and understanding of how businesses are run.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Mario, Mario, Mario Langlois…spewing nonsense again tonight about getting PLD and not drafting Wright ‘because we will get Dubois, we won’t need a 3rd centre!’

This guy is just incompetent in his sports knowledge and understanding of how businesses are run.

Can’t stand the guy.

Reactions: dinodebino

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

The guys in the french media are really obnoxious sometimes with their constant "Ca prend plus de Quebecois, faut aller chercher tous les Quebecois dans ligue sti!!!" :laugh: :facepalm:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I’m not responsible for those around me only for myself. I had covid and it was just a runny nose and leaky eyes for me, lasted 1 day. My personal medical choices are made with my health in mind and my health only. My cousin thought she was doing the right thing and now she has myocarditis and heart irregularities and the doctors don’t know what to do. So I’m always free to chose for myself.

I’m not responding anymore because I don’t wanna derail this thread. Have a good night.
Tell us you're selfish without saying you're selfish.

Only 75,000 studies have proven the chances of getting myocarditis due to COVID are far higher than getting it from the vaccine. Many pro athletes got it from COVID and had seasons derailed. Archibald in Edmonton and Wild prospect Marco Rossi are just two examples.

Speaking of which, you have derailed this thread. Nilan should have got the jab. There are hardly any medical conditions that are affected by it. Even Tucker Carlson got the jab in order to continue his employment with Fox news and make money off people like you who fall for conspiracy theories due to a lack of understanding of science.

I adored Knuckles the hockey player as a kid when he fought just about everyone in the league and played on one of the best checking lines in NHL history with Carbo and Gainey. As a person, he's not that bright and unfortunately has had some bad outcomes as a result of many bad choices during his post-playing days.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Tell us you're selfish without saying you're selfish.

Only 75,000 studies have proven the chances of getting myocarditis due to COVID are far higher than getting it from the vaccine. Many pro athletes got it from COVID and had seasons derailed. Archibald in Edmonton and Wild prospect Marco Rossi are just two examples.

Speaking of which, you have derailed this thread. Nilan should have got the jab. There are hardly any medical conditions that are affected by it. Even Tucker Carlson got the jab in order to continue his employment with Fox news and make money off people like you who fall for conspiracy theories due to a lack of understanding of science.

I adored Knuckles the hockey player as a kid when he fought just about everyone in the league and played on one of the best checking lines in NHL history with Carbo and Gainey. As a person, he's not that bright and unfortunately has had some bad outcomes as a result of many bad choices during his post-playing days.
75,000 studies huh? Your pulling out stats like Trudeau. Follow the science, blah,blah,blah.
Then he does things that are not what science recommends. It is not selfish to choose whether to get the shot., it's his risk not yours. People like you try to shame them into getting a medicine that doesn't prevent transmission or sickness, calling them anti-vaxxer. That is not a vaccine. I have never know anyone who got polio after getting the vaccine, have you, or hepatitus, or shingles, etc. . Is this the same science that wants infants and children under 5 getting a shot even though there are no studies showing high hospitalizations or mortality for that age group. Your being duped. Conspiracy theories? The difference between a conspiracy theory and reality is 6 months.
Don't try to control other people's choices, and label them for not accepting everything you feel is truth.
Move on.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
75,000 studies huh? Your pulling out stats like Trudeau. Follow the science, blah,blah,blah.
Then he does things that are not what science recommends. It is not selfish to choose whether to get the shot., it's his risk not yours. People like you try to shame them into getting a medicine that doesn't prevent transmission or sickness, calling them anti-vaxxer. That is not a vaccine. I have never know anyone who got polio after getting the vaccine, have you, or hepatitus, or shingles, etc. . Is this the same science that wants infants and children under 5 getting a shot even though there are no studies showing high hospitalizations or mortality for that age group. Your being duped. Conspiracy theories? The difference between a conspiracy theory and reality is 6 months.
Don't try to control other people's choices, and label them for not accepting everything you feel is truth.
Move on.
When someone begins a post with "I’m not responsible for those around me only for myself"...

The 75,000 number was obvious hyperbole but for those who don't get that, I should have phrased it as "countless credible peer reviewed...".

I'm not trying to control or shame anyone. There are consequences for choices. This thread is about TSN 690 and Nilan made an adult choice that had consequences.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Gallo is unbearable. He just talked about how many people complain about the “you got censored” segment they do… he said that he loves potty humour. What a disgrace, kids are listening to the show. It just proves how dumb this station is. Gallo is such a weasel.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
yeah i just checked out Marinaro's sick podcast. It seems when he gets in front of the camera it becomes all about self promotion, not just genuinely discussing content.

I hope he's not making a mistake with this podcast and French Language radio over his bread and butter at 690. Perhaps both parties will fail and they'll let bygones be bygones and reunite at some point in the future. After all Adie Bennett is back at 690.
Tony will fail, he is no star

Reactions: HabsHammer

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

:clap:

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com

Man, talk about selfish. My very immunocompromised neighbour has a reality check for you.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
That is the absolute worst segment on any radio station I have ever heard.
From the first time I heard it years ago it blew my mind how these idiots thought anything about that segment was funny. It makes them all look like a bunch of jerks. To this day they are still doing the segment, Gallo literally said on the air that he gets so many complaints about it but he “doesn’t care” he loves “potty humour”. For every 100 people that cringe and turn the station off during that segment there’s probably only 1 person who actually sends them a text message asking them to stop. Gallo said he doesn’t care and he’s gonna do it because HE likes it. I can’t think of a bigger radio weasel in my lifetime.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
That is the absolute worst segment on any radio station I have ever heard.
I dont know what they called the segment, and honestly I dont even know if they still do it cuz I seriously have completely tuned TSN690 out, but the morning show used to do a segment with Headlines that werent actually true yet they would debate them to death as if they were true and try to convince each other. It was god effin awful.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Serious question: does anybody like this Campbell vs. Gallo show?

I'm not at all interested in criticizing someone else's tastes. Just curious if anyone likes it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad