TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not a bad business decision by Tony considering the new bill you guys passed
Bill? Lol Totally unrelated. Tony sees that 690 is dying and 91.5 probably offered him a better chance to find another public. And more pesos. It’s always about the pesos. 91.5 is going regional, with broadcasts in many regions. RNC Media wants to sell to Quebecor, that seems like the plan.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
Bill? Lol Totally unrelated. Tony sees that 690 is dying and 91.5 probably offered him a better chance to find another public. And more pesos. It’s always about the pesos. 91.5 is going regional, with broadcasts in many regions. RNC Media wants to sell to Quebecor, that seems like the plan.
No, as an ex-born Montreal who left and didn’t come back because of the caustic language environment, I’ll bet Bill 96 has a lot to do with it. Maybe the straw that broke the camel’s back, but if your listenership is leaving, why not go now to where you know there are guaranteed listeners? Only so many jobs…

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
No, as an ex-born Montreal who left and didn’t come back because of the caustic language environment, I’ll bet Bill 96 has a lot to do with it. Maybe the straw that broke the camel’s back, but if your listenership is leaving, why not go now to where you know there are guaranteed listeners? Only so many jobs…
To each his own.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

As of next Fall, JiC will return to 91.9 Sports FM to host the morning show. He will replace LP Guy and Gilbert Delorme, who will be placed in other time slot in the station. JiC will still host his show on TVA Sports in the evenings.

Oh great... He could talk about how we should get all the Quebecois in the league there too... :help:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Please bring Mitch Gallo and Sean Campbell with you.
More air time for both! Even more quizzes with Gallo naming every hockey player he’s ever heard of before Campbell gives him the correct answer! Even more time for Gallo to talk about the Leafs at any chance he can. Do you like over-sensitive guys who sound like babies when their opinions are challenged, MORE GALLO! The future looks bright 690!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Marinaro leaving
Melnick already in semi retirement

Just more of Gallo and Campbell, good luck to all of you who listen to those 2 hacks cuz I certainly can’t do that. They make my ears bleed

My listening days at TSN690 will definitely lessen.

Marinaro could be annoying at times, but I enjoy him overall. He's a showman. So you take the good with the bad. I do enjoy his podcast.

I might be in the minority, but I really enjoy McKenna and Starr in the morning. But with Tony leaving and Melnick on his way to retirement, there won't be much left that will draw me in.

I've heard the other day Gallo and Still hosting the Melnick show and I couldn't last 2 minutes. I now tune in to Martin Lemay on 91.9 Sports FM at 3PM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad