TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
My listening days at TSN690 will definitely lessen.

Marinaro could be annoying at times, but I enjoy him overall. He's a showman. So you take the good with the bad. I do enjoy his podcast.

I might be in the minority, but I really enjoy McKenna and Starr in the morning. But with Tony leaving and Melnick on his way to retirement, there won't be much left that will draw me in.

I've heard the other day Gallo and Still hosting the Melnick show and I couldn't last 2 minutes. I now tune in to Martin Lemay on 91.9 Sports FM at 3PM.
I’ve grown to like McKenna, but Starr I just can’t, he irritates me, he laughs at his own lame jokes and I can’t handle it.

I agree, Tony is a showman and you need to understand that before listening to him and enjoying his show (other than his talks with normand).

I’d rather lick dirt for 3 hours than listen to Gallo or Cambell . You did better than me cuz 45 seconds of Gallo and still and I was back on FM radio

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Once Melnick leaves TSN690, which has been hanging by a thread to begin with, will be off the air in short order - Bell will shut them down.

Marinaro knows it’s coming & is jumping the titanic, before iceberg appears

Reactions: jackeymoon

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
More air time for both! Even more quizzes with Gallo naming every hockey player he’s ever heard of before Campbell gives him the correct answer! Even more time for Gallo to talk about the Leafs at any chance he can. Do you like over-sensitive guys who sound like babies when their opinions are challenged, MORE GALLO! The future looks bright 690!

If Tony's leaving I wouldn't be shocked if they folded the station in the next 2 or 3 years. There's no real talent left at the station

My listening days at TSN690 will definitely lessen.

Marinaro could be annoying at times, but I enjoy him overall. He's a showman. So you take the good with the bad. I do enjoy his podcast.

I might be in the minority, but I really enjoy McKenna and Starr in the morning. But with Tony leaving and Melnick on his way to retirement, there won't be much left that will draw me in.

I've heard the other day Gallo and Still hosting the Melnick show and I couldn't last 2 minutes. I now tune in to Martin Lemay on 91.9 Sports FM at 3PM.

The still and gallo "show" should be a crime against humanity

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Marinaro leaving
Melnick already in semi retirement

Just more of Gallo and Campbell, good luck to all of you who listen to those 2 hacks cuz I certainly can’t do that. They make my ears bleed
usually at around 1pm i put on my spotify. Once Tony leaves I leave.
Andie Bennett is the only saving grace.

ChickenDinner

Mar 20, 2022
I like Andy but losing Tony and getting Andy isn't going to cut it. 690 will bleed listeners without Tony. He is the most entertaining person on the station. Like him or not.

Tony is the winner winner in this move.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
So they’re going to give Sean Campbell the 10-3 entire time slot? Lol. What a f***ing joke of a station. I’m done listening to this

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So Nilan says there were some personal issues that lead to him leaving the station and that he's happy Tony stood his ground. Well, now I'm even more intrigued on what happened.

I just thought Tony's podcast is growing and he wanted to focus on that while still doing radio hits instead of hosting his own show.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

So Nilan says there were some personal issues that lead to him leaving the station and that he's happy Tony stood his ground. Well, now I'm even more intrigued on what happened.

I just thought Tony's podcast is growing and he wanted to focus on that while still doing radio hits instead of hosting his own show.

I bet him calling listeners idiots didn't help

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Didn't even know a 91.9 sports station existed. Although, I never listen to francophone radio so...

It's going to continue for sure.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Didn't even know a 91.9 sports station existed. Although, I never listen to francophone radio so...

It's going to continue for sure.

Whenever I listen to the radio, I often would bounce around from the french to the english. Some segments on 91.9 I have to listen to and then I switch it over to listen to segments I prefer on TSN690.

Reactions: Redux91

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I stopped listening to tabloid tony a while ago. With the Habs being so bad I found my self listening to more podcasts and less 690 over the winter. They definitely need to hire some new talent over the summer.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
Going to miss Marinaro. I know lots of you don't like him, but I tuned in every day from Sask and was entertained - it made the morning go by at work much faster. With him and Knuckles gone and Melnick on way out - station is going to die.
Some of the other guys on the station are fine - but im not going out of my way to turn on the station to hear them.

I stopped listening to tabloid tony a while ago. With the Habs being so bad I found my self listening to more podcasts and less 690 over the winter. They definitely need to hire some new talent over the summer.

any podcasts you recommend?

Reactions: Redux91

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm not watching TSN 690 anymore, mainly because it was getting to the point where the commercial breaks were getting insufferably long. For every segment of 10 minutes you get like 5 minutes of the same 3 ads playing again and again and again. It was driving me bonkers.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll never forget Tony tucking his tail between his legs here and leaving the board when I called him out for carrying Bergevin's bullshit hack job on Subban out.

Had 0 credibility to any of it and he stood by it to keep his access to Bergevin.

See ya never.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
I was an intern at the Station for a few seasons, back in the days I had to wake up early in the morning to help with production work with Price, Casavant and Starr, it was an adventure, especially sometimes staying on in the afternoon with PJ and the guys to help out, I loved it and the station had an energy with Wayne Bews and a dynamic that was pretty off the wall. Made some cool friendiships, Shaun, Ted Bird and others, I remember spending alot of time blabbing about Music with Mitch, talking with Elliot about travelling and trading a TV receiver for a pair of skates with Shaun, it was hilarious.

I used to park in the same spot every morning but I show up one afternoon and someone is in the spot where I usually am with a small Jeep, I ask Wayne wtf is going on and he tells me to get the car towed (it was in the old building on Greene) and that was the day Wayne pranked me by getting ' a famous presenter's' car Towed for shits and giggles ...

The radio was full of personalities, talking Football cards with Noel and my obsession with Romario in 1994, Wayne Bews was an absolute ball as station director. The sales team was full of super cool people, the callers were really cool personalities.

I remember spending my mornings cutting of Bob McKenzie's coughs when replaying his morning interview on old software ... Man it was just amazing ...

I was gone by the time it was bought by Bell, but so many people got let go in such a poor way, it was sad, but I think that it's the end now ... The radio is going to be gone soon, the new format is much more visual with video podcasts, Steve Dangle etc ... it's eating up the medium and much more profitable.

Some old pictures ...

1930775_85914115531_7218_n.jpg

1930981_91142655531_2279_n.jpg

Edit :

Just to tell you guys how friendships I made at Team990 lasted a lifetime and how amazing hockey people are in general, I got very very sick a few years back and needed serious surgery. This is what was waiting for me when I got back to work :

1651164232916.jpeg

When Claude came back and needed a car for his family and to arrange for his old car to be sent back to Boston.

45000610_10160844878465532_8166277411604791296_n.jpeg

And of course, my favourite person in the universe

58543474_10161486456500532_5473268681481912320_n.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad