TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
He is. I'm not his biggest fan when it comes to him on broadcasts. But he seems like a good dude.

And whether we like him or not, he's a hard worker. He does pxp for the Rocket. He's replaced Robertson on pxp for the Habs when Dan is on the TV broadcast. He covers for others when they are in vacation or sick.

So he puts in the work.

He's MUCH better than Gallo or Still

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
This Radio station desperately needs talent, it's getting really bad. That guy who filled in for Alfieri on the Melnick show is absolutely brutal. I've been listening to them for over 10 years and this is easily the worst it's been. Where are all the personalities?

Reactions: jackeymoon

ChickenDinner

Mar 20, 2022
I didn't know this thread existed but I feel glad that it does. I only know a handful of people that tune into 690 but even they say it's been bad. This thread opens my eyes to a bigger picture.

It really has become unlistenable these days. Ditching Nilan was a good start. Don't care for the 'official' reasoning but the donkey sound making bumbling fool had to go. Why did that take so long? Why did they stop there? Beyond time to clean house. Spring cleaning, corporate restructuring, call it what you want. Get some new voices! Do people enjoy listening to Gallo be miserable every day? Do people not notice Melnick hasn't put any effort in the last few years? Or that Campbell can't carry a show whether it's at 12pm or 3pm or 7pm or 11 pm or 1am?

When was the last time 690 was a winner winner?

Asif10

Mar 16, 2022
not mad , not professional is all... so I am chill.. thanks for your permission not to listen lol
not giving you permission on anything, was just a mere suggestion.

Anyways I have no issues with Tony, he's a Habs Fanatic so he goes as the team goes. He brings entertaining, sometime his show goes overboard but its entertaining.

maybe you should listen to another show or podcast if you want to be bored with serious content at all moments.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
wish they could get a guy like Mike Johnson , good hockey mind..
they need to find guys like TSN fig radio. figs lunch.. habs need the same
Listening to how ear grating the 2 Leafs Lunch cheerleader hosts are helps me tolerate the final hour of Campbell's show a bit more, when I do listen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
wish they could get a guy like Mike Johnson , good hockey mind..
they need to find guys like TSN fig radio. figs lunch.. habs need the same
Mike Johnson is always fun to listen to. Why are the best guys only available in dribs and drabs? I wish he’d have a syndicated show, he’d play well in all Canadian markets, he’s smart, articulate has an easy disposition and is relatable. C’mon TSN, do it — assuming of course, that Johnson would be open to it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Listening to how ear grating the 2 Leafs Lunch cheerleader hosts are helps me tolerate the final hour of Campbell's show a bit more, when I do listen.
Campbell? 🤮

Why are you doing that to yourself? The guy who needs to have his own podcast is @OldCraig71. I’d listen to that. Can you convince him?

Asif10

Mar 16, 2022
Mike Johnson is always fun to listen to. Why are the best guys only available in dribs and drabs? I wish he’d have a syndicated show, he’d play well in all Canadian markets, he’s smart, articulate has an easy disposition and is relatable. C’mon TSN, do it — assuming of course, that Johnson would be open to it.

Mike Johnson is solid, alway love to hear his segment

Reactions: HabsHammer

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Campbell? 🤮

Why are you doing that to yourself? The guy who needs to have his own podcast is @OldCraig71. I’d listen to that. Can you convince him?
I'm not much of a Campbell fan and would prefer someone else filling Nilan's time slot instead of him but the Leafs Lunch duo are like the Campbell of 1050 to me.

I don't even know why I listen to any of them at this point but it's likely out of habit and I like having some background noise while sitting at the computer I guess. :dunno:

I'd listen to a OC71 podcast and I think he needs one. The Newfoundland hour Podcast with OldCraig71. He could hang Newfoundland screech rum bottles and Maple Leaf Vienna sausage tins on his screen like Tony does with his podcast. :)

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Harris not playing last night really got under Mitch or Tonys skin not sure which one. They really want to see him against the Leafs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not much of a Campbell fan and would prefer someone else filling Nilan's time slot instead of him but the Leafs Lunch duo are like the Campbell of 1050 to me.

I don't even know why I listen to any of them at this point but it's likely out of habit and I like having some background noise while sitting at the computer I guess. :dunno:

I'd listen to a OC71 podcast and I think he needs one. The Newfoundland hour Podcast with OldCraig71. He could hang Newfoundland screech rum bottles and Maple Leaf Vienna sausage tins on his screen like Tony does with his podcast. :)
There is something to be said for alcohol and cured meats — they’re timeless. I’d love an OC tirade, he’d set a few people straight. 🤣

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick getting creepy again this afternoon.

First, he calls Robert Zimmerman one of the greatest songwriters of all time. 🤮

Then moves on to a rendition of “Imagine” by Julian Lennon (that song has become a meme — there is always someone playing it from a broken musical instrument in a disaster or war-torn area). But, it was an homage to Ukraine, so fine.

And then moves on to athletes who sustained injuries to their testes.

Seriously, Melnick? This is the garbage you feed your listeners on what is supposed to be the station’s prime time slot? You’ve obviously mailed it in. Retire already. And we’ll be sure to remember you for all the stooges you groomed and who will haunt us for years to come since it’s common knowledge that a job at TSN690 is as close to a guarantee as it’s going to get.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Then moves on to a rendition of “Imagine” by Julian Lennon (that song has become a meme — there is always someone playing it from a broken musical instrument in a disaster or war-torn area). But, it was an homage to Ukraine, so fine.

Seriously, Melnick? This is the garbage you feed your listeners on what is supposed to be the station’s prime time slot? You’ve obviously mailed it in. Retire already. And we’ll be sure to remember you for all the stooges you groomed and who will haunt us for years to come since it’s common knowledge that a job at TSN690 is as close to a guarantee as it’s going to get.
I posted the Julian Lennon Imagine video in the music thread last night. It was the first time he's ever performed his fathers song publicly.

With Julian performing and now releasing this song publicly hopefully his version can somehow be used to help raise more funds for Ukraine or help in some other way.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I posted the Julian Lennon Imagine video in the music thread last night. It was the first time he's ever performed his fathers song publicly.

With Julian performing and now releasing this song publicly hopefully his version can somehow be used to help raise more funds for Ukraine or help in some other way.
And it's all good, I'm all for whatever helps in terms of charity.

This was more an indictment about Melnick and what he's become.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016

This is the kind of crap I'd typically attribute to Gallo. I would have hoped Melnick would have rubbed off on Gallo to stunt his childishness; unfortunately, it seems Gallo is the one rubbing off on Melnick. Nobody is better off or more informed for listening to this BS.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004

While I can't stand Dylan , he is a great songwriter.

He even won the Nobel for literature for his work.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the kind of crap I'd typically attribute to Gallo. I would have hoped Melnick would have rubbed off on Gallo to stunt his childishness; unfortunately, it seems Gallo is the one rubbing off on Melnick. Nobody is better off or more informed for listening to this BS.
Gallo and Campbell has to be the most atrocious bromance on radio. You'd figure they're just being childish on account of being on air together and then you hear them separately and that's what they are. Talentless hacks who stumbled on a public job.

Reactions: Corson27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While I can't stand Dylan , he is a great songwriter.

He even won the Nobel for literature for his work.
He may be "great" to some but he's not one of the greatest of all time. Everyone knows Melnick is a superfan. You could draw up a list of the top 100 and Dylan would not figure amongst the top, so no, he's not one of the greatest.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He may be "great" to some but he's not one of the greatest of all time. Everyone knows Melnick is a superfan. You could draw up a list of the top 100 and Dylan would not figure amongst the top, so no, he's not one of the greatest.
Who cares...you're gonna argue about people's taste in music?? It's so subjective. There is no right or wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad