TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
What is it with Melnick and Dan Bern lately?
It’s like he purposely goes out of his way to mention his name EVERY SINGLE DAY.
It’s enough already, he sucks at making non funny songs, no one cares about him

Reactions: jackeymoon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick’s musical interests have long proven to be a remedy to induce vomit. Let him enjoy his obscure musical acts which no amount of air time on 690 will save anyway.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Melnick’s musical interests have long proven to be a remedy to induce vomit. Let him enjoy his obscure musical acts which no amount of air time on 690 will save anyway.

He must throw some rip-roaring good parties,home by ten!:laugh:

That sponsor thingy is somewhat recent n'est pas? I'd like to believe that I'd have noticed it were it always there:dunno:
So I guess I can say we both like to ''sponsor'' incorrigible scamps eh? Don't think I'm going out on a limb,no pun intended, that mine are much cuter and cuddlier.;)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He must throw some rip-roaring good parties,home by ten!:laugh:

That sponsor thingy is somewhat recent n'est pas? I'd like to believe that I'd have noticed it were it always there:dunno:
So I guess I can say we both like to ''sponsor'' incorrigible scamps eh? Don't think I'm going out on a limb,no pun intended, that mine are much cuter and cuddlier.;)
Melnick has to be responsible for the weak-ass cast that's been assembled at the station as a senior staff member. Not saying he was the ultimate decision-maker, but he must have had a say.

Pretty appalling that a higher standard wasn't demanded and applied. It's been a downhill slide ever since the days of the station fighting for its existence and before its affiliation with TSN. Only bright spot for me has been TSN pundits having become regular contributors.

Reactions: angusyoung

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
lol you need to chill out, his show and he can say whatever. If you donèt like it, don't listen to it
LOL. This!! People are crying about it but they're listening to it!

They're helping broadcasters get their views/quotas

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The usual 1PM-3PM slot was Nilan and Campbell. With Nilan gone, it is now a Campbell show.
So WWF, Aaron Rogers, calling other idiots from the station to have a conversation on the radio, his personal life, playing trivia games with someone he openly refers to on air as his VBF (?) and what ever topic blowing in the wind that day? Good show.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So WWF, Aaron Rogers, calling other idiots from the station to have a conversation on the radio, his personal life, playing trivia games with someone he openly refers to on air as his VBF (?) and what ever topic blowing in the wind that day? Good show.

Even when Nilan was there, the 1-3 slot was always my tune out time. So with Campbell doing it solo, it gives me more reason to.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I’m learning, thanks for responding to these negative posts. He seems like a nice guy at least. 😁

He is. I'm not his biggest fan when it comes to him on broadcasts. But he seems like a good dude.

And whether we like him or not, he's a hard worker. He does pxp for the Rocket. He's replaced Robertson on pxp for the Habs when Dan is on the TV broadcast. He covers for others when they are in vacation or sick.

So he puts in the work.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Even when Nilan was there, the 1-3 slot was always my tune out time. So with Campbell doing it solo, it gives me more reason to.
Most radio is not very good today, corporate this and that. Too much acrimony no one can agree on anything. No independent DJ’s. Syracuse is especially troubling!

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
He is. I'm not his biggest fan when it comes to him on broadcasts. But he seems like a good dude.

And whether we like him or not, he's a hard worker. He does pxp for the Rocket. He's replaced Robertson on pxp for the Habs when Dan is on the TV broadcast. He covers for others when they are in vacation or sick.

So he puts in the work.
I was gonna ad he seems to have legit passion for the Rocket, and you’re right, he does put in the work.

Now I just feel guilty, haha. Need to keep my working from home rants to myself.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017

So he puts in the work.
I cannot stand Dan Robertson and his fade away for commercial breaks. One in particular had me turning off the hockey broadcast with 3 minutes left in the third period. He said “we’ll have a commercial break albeit however brief” and six straight commercials were played!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad