TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Let me preface this by saying I am not easily drawn into violence and live pretty much like a Shinto Buddhist.

part l - A little while back I tuned into an on demand broadcast with Jon Still, Joey and some other nitwit ,nuff said.

part ll - Remember the end of Apocalypse Now and what Martin Sheens character had to do to Marlon Brandos character?

giphy.gif

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Looks like it's the end for SDPN's Game Over series.
Looks like all the hosts have been let go, they are all posting their goodbyes on Twitter.
Not sure about Game Over: Montreal specifically, given that it looks like Berkshire was retained.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Let me preface this by saying I am not easily drawn into violence and live pretty much like a Shinto Buddhist.

part l - A little while back I tuned into an on demand broadcast with Jon Still, Joey and some other nitwit ,nuff said.

part ll - Remember the end of Apocalypse Now and what Martin Sheens character had to do to Marlon Brandos character?

View attachment 801518
It’s hard not to listen to them with extreme prejudice.

Reactions: angusyoung

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Not sure what could be done other than spam the product with ads from a profitability standpoint.

There's too many people doing it and this product was not differentiating itself in any notable way.... so even if he was focusing on the product, I don't think it was anything special.

Reactions: Leto

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Snake Boisvert and Mathias Brunet are going to start a podcast on BPM. Sortie de zone is a pretty good podcast from BPM, twice a week. If you add Tellement hockey from Radio-Canada that's a lot of quality podcast you can listen to in french. Is there any others?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Max Van Houtte has been a solid upgrade over his predecessor Max Lalonde (show started Jan. 8th) on BPM’s morning slot (10-noon) leading up to Laraque and Gonzo’s show.

Van Houtte has the gift of gab, is smart, analytical, quick-witted and funny. He puts to shame all the morning show pretenders on 690 (although not that hard to do). He knows what his audience likes and navigates through topics like a pro.

Finally, a great morning sports fix option that hits all the right notes. Hoping he sticks around for the long haul.

Last edited:

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Jeff Gorton on TSN 690 this coming Monday at 3:35.

No worries Jeff, there will be plenty of softballs thrown your way.

"Some idiot fans are saying you lack depth up front in your prospect pool. They're completely wrong of course, but care to elaborate on why it's awesome?"

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Congrats to Anthony Marcotte on broadcasting his 1000th broadcast tonight (includes non-Rocket broadcasts — thanks @Adam Michaels ).

He’s been a pro and has worked relentlessly on his craft. His passion for broadcasting is palpable. I always enjoy his Twitter X comments and whenever he joins shows on BPM to deliver off the cuff observations.

Plus, he comes across as a good guy and you always want to root for those.

Kudos to him and here’s to many more!

Bravo Anthony!

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Congrats to Anthony Marcotte on broadcasting his 1000th Rocket game tonight.

Bravo Anthony!

Agree with everything you say. Marcotte is a gem. Great at his job and a nice guy to boot. And approachable as my experience with exchanging with him, he's always answering and being polite.

However, the correction I'll make to your post is that it wasn't his 1000th Rocket game, the franchise hasn't hit 500 games yet.

He used to do the broadcasts for a few junior teams in the Q before he came to the AHL. So last night was his 1000th game in total.

Still classy of Laval to honor him with a game puck.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with AI taking over the job of sports journalists , they suck , good riddance.
AI aren't much better. There already quite a few sites that use them to write article which are really the AI going around the web reading things and writing something that less or more looks like news based on it full of mistakes, bias and other things.

Which would mean all articles in the Hockey section would be Leafs news...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Agree with everything you say. Marcotte is a gem. Great at his job and a nice guy to boot. And approachable as my experience with exchanging with him, he's always answering and being polite.

However, the correction I'll make to your post is that it wasn't his 1000th Rocket game, the franchise hasn't hit 500 games yet.

He used to do the broadcasts for a few junior teams in the Q before he came to the AHL. So last night was his 1000th game in total.

Still classy of Laval to honor him with a game puck.
Thanks for the heads up. I stand corrected and will amend my posts accordingly. :thumbu:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad