TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
As Runner mentioned above, Lord Gorton is about to join Melnick in the afternoon.

Edit: Some takeaways from the interview:

-may be a roster move before tomorrow's game (Tuesday)
-no trades imminent
-Xhekaj will be back up at some point
-Monahan- discussed his future with him last summer staying or moving on (sounds like still up in the air at the moment)
-Last two losses-tension within; noticed it in today's practice
-3 goalies-not planned; they have played well and handled it well
-Slavkosky-since joining Suzuki & Caulfield; playing confident, helping powerplay, creating space for others
MSL-works very hard; has learned a lot; still learning
Dach-clearly he's a fan; confident he will rebound from injuries

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As Runner mentioned above, Lord Gorton is about to join Melnick in the afternoon.

Edit: Some takeaways from the interview:

-may be a roster move before tomorrow's game (Tuesday)
-no trades imminent
-Xhekaj will be back up at some point
-Monahan- discussed his future with him last summer staying or moving on (sounds like still up in the air at the moment)
-Last two losses-tension within; noticed it in today's practice
-3 goalies-not planned; they have played well and handled it well
-Slavkosky-since joining Suzuki & Caulfield; playing confident, helping powerplay, creating space for others
MSL-works very hard; has learned a lot; still learning
Dach-clearly he's a fan; confident he will rebound from injuries
Thanks for the highlights.

The audio of Gorton’s interview is now up:

Reactions: jaffy27 and Chili

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
JiC wants guys sent down and called up just like that. Never considering the nuances of certain decisions.

However, in JiC's case, if that player is Quebecois, he wants him staying in Montreal and called up from Laval.

If Monty was struggling and Allen playing solid, he'd never advocate to send Monty down. In fact, he'd probably be saying Primeau should go down because Monty wouldn't have been playing enough to get going.

And if it wasn't Roy, but Condotta, who was having a hot start to the season, he would have never spent all of his shows talking about calling him up.

Last year, he was saying it non-stop how Hoffman needed to be sent to Laval when he had his morning radio show. He would say it everyday like 20 times a day. And Bob Hartley gave one of the best and funniest replies to that. He said you don't bring a porcupine to a balloon party.
Yeah . . . JiC has rose-colored glasses when it comes to Quebecois players. Just to tag on, when news broke of PLD wanting out of Winnipeg, JiC was all in for trading everybody and their mothers' cats, dogs and canaries to get him au plus sacrant, and paying him stupid money. Thank God that bullet never found its mark.

On Huberdeau, when Marino point out to JiC's on his morning show that Huberdeau kinda, just a little, very much a lot sucked in the playoffs for Calgary (not a lie), JiC completely lost his shit, saying Huberdeau had no help from anyone during the playoffs and it's unfair to pin his shitty performance on him, and Marinaro better agree or he'd run over his dog or some such.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah . . . JiC has rose-colored glasses when it comes to Quebecois players. Just to tag on, when news broke of PLD wanting out of Winnipeg, JiC was all in for trading everybody and their mothers' cats, dogs and canaries to get him au plus sacrant, and paying him stupid money. Thank God that bullet never found its mark.

On Huberdeau, when Marino point out to JiC's on his morning show that Huberdeau kinda, just a little, very much a lot sucked in the playoffs for Calgary (not a lie), JiC completely lost his shit, saying Huberdeau had no help from anyone during the playoffs and it's unfair to pin his shitty performance on him, and Marinaro better agree or he'd run over his dog or some such.

And speaking of Calgary, when Darryl Sutter didn't sing Jacob Pelletier's praises in his presser following his first career game, JiC went off on Sutter calling him all kinds of names, including racist.

Levard

Apr 25, 2023
And speaking of Calgary, when Darryl Sutter didn't sing Jacob Pelletier's praises in his presser following his first career game, JiC went off on Sutter calling him all kinds of names, including racist.
And the famous tweet where he is calling quebec's regional peoples imbecile heureux...

thats kind of paradoxal .. what a clown.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It’s hard not to listen to them with extreme prejudice.
What a flick!

movie.jpg

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
funny how podcasts are better to listen to then 690... even Tony gets better guests

if I spoke French, I bet I would have more options
Except when he has Stu Cowen or Eric Engels on,just cringeworthy, Meanwhile Victor finely last night in between periods,"I like Monahan's game tonight" What a complete putz ! I like Monahan but Christ that cross ice pass to Giroux with not a single habs player in sight that led directly to the sens third goal was a head scratcher.There's something really wrong with the way this teams effort is so eratic and inconsistent.Please don't bring up the lack of talent excuse again ,I like Marty buy holy hockey sticks is he ever in over his head.

Reactions: KKWG11

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I cannot believe how they had unfunny comedian Joey Elias interviewing guests today, sounding clueless and resorting to annoying generalities. He was a rank amateur with the likes of Gord Miller guesting within the last hour. To think that Strombo was canned for far less.

I don’t know how the failed comedian weaseled his way into a regular gig on an afternoon sports show but he is clearly overmatched other than when presented with a script (like reading news updates).

Just when you thought these nincompoops couldn’t sink any lower.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
funny how podcasts are better to listen to then 690... even Tony gets better guests

if I spoke French, I bet I would have more options
I wish you did ,today’s “On Jase” episode with ex nhl defenseman Gilbert Delorme was F$&king hilarious but also right on point and refreshingly honest compared to most of the english press.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
JiC, who lost his radio gig, is now averaging 21 000 viewers for his show on TVA Spanre.

He's trash and everyone knows it.
He’s using his show to spew identity politics propaganda. Next stop, he should be running for a political party and leave sports coverage to someone who actually wants to pursue it. Plus, he’s annoying AF to listen to, repeating the same stuff in so many ways — guy loves to listen to himself talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad