TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jimmy G is a clown matches this show so well

All of these randos coming out of their control room and given easy access to the airwaves after having spent less than 6 months at the station — what could possibly go wrong.

I know this Jimmy G guy has been there for a long time but he too came out of their control room and he never got better. His voice is annoying.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
All of these randos coming out of their control room and given easy access to the airwaves after having spent less than 6 months at the station — what could possibly go wrong.

I know this Jimmy G guy has been there for a long time but he too came out of their control room and he never got better. His voice is annoying.
1702576527407.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
YUP do a Trump "YOUR FIRED"

The things you can do when you have FY money:

« An old friend and classmate of my brother from Cal Tech made a fortune in the tech world. He retired in his early 30s and bought a farm in the mid west. He was always a little scruffy in appearance and became more so after working his farm. There was a store in his small local town. The manager was an asshole and treated him badly. So he bought the store from the owner and fired the manager. He then hired a struggling single mother who needed public assistance to feed her kids to run the store. So in one fell swoop he got rid of an asshole and gave a woman and her kids a better life while reducing the welfare rolls. »

I believe Howard Hughes had a similar story where he bought an establishment just for the satisfaction of firing an obnoxious employee.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

« An old friend and classmate of my brother from Cal Tech made a fortune in the tech world. He retired in his early 30s and bought a farm in the mid west. He was always a little scruffy in appearance and became more so after working his farm. There was a store in his small local town. The manager was an asshole and treated him badly. So he bought the store from the owner and fired the manager. He then hired a struggling single mother who needed public assistance to feed her kids to run the store. So in one fell swoop he got rid of an asshole and gave a woman and her kids a better life while reducing the welfare rolls. »

I believe Howard Hughes had a similar story where he bought an establishment just for the satisfaction of firing an obnoxious employee.
wish you and I could do that that 690.
1st , bye bye Mitchy and take your crap music with you
then Jimmy G

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Would love to see something similar to what E Musk did to the former toxic twits running twitter

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Hey friends. I’m driving more these days and am just curious if there any good post game podcasts in English? I lasted about 20 seconds streaming Gallo and Campbell this morning and am desperate for some decent audio Habs content.

Thanks!

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

I read a good book on Howard (The Untold Story-Peter Harry Brown & Pat H. Broeske). One New Year's Eve he set up a date in a hotel with three different women. He had them in different rooms and was running back and forth until all three figured out what was going on. One of them was Ava Gardner. He proposed to her 4 times, sent her a shoebox once with $250k in it (she wasn't impressed). A bunch of interesting stories in there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those who listen to BPM Sports, they’re juggling a couple of changes to their grid by moving Max Lalonde to the early morning crew (6 AM). Lalonde also gets a solo hour from 9-10 AM.

And the main change involves bringing back the entertaining Max Van Houtte, who will occupy the 10-noon slot just ahead of Laraque Gonzo.

New schedule to come into effect after the holidays.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
For those who listen to BPM Sports, they’re juggling a couple of changes to their grid by moving Max Lalonde to the early morning crew (6 AM). Lalonde also gets a solo hour from 9-10 AM.

And the main change involves bringing back the entertaining Max Van Houtte, who will occupy the 10-noon slot just ahead of Laraque Gonzo.

New schedule to come into effect after the holidays.
Interesting but the morning show already had too many heads... you can feel Gilbert rush some guests when the time is up, it's awkward

In other news, anybody see a segment on TVASports with Jean-Charles and Renaud talking about sending Jake Allen to Laval... so cringe

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hey friends. I’m driving more these days and am just curious if there any good post game podcasts in English? I lasted about 20 seconds streaming Gallo and Campbell this morning and am desperate for some decent audio Habs content.

Thanks!

I always listen to:
The Basu & Godin Notebook
Canadiens Connection
Le Support Athletique, which is predominantly in English but it is a bilingual show when French speaking guests call in.
The Build
Habs Unfiltered
Eyes on the Prize

I will generally listen to:
Habs Culture
The Curfew Boys
Locked on Canadiens
The Sick Podcast
This Week in Habsland

I will sometimes listen to:
Habs Nightly
Hab A Listen
The Press Zone

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I like JP O`Conner but the other night he was talking about the Pens leading the league in faceoff % and complimented Evgeny Malkin. Geno is going to the Hall of Fame but not for faceoffs, per Statmuse, he`s only hit 50% once in his career :

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I like JP O`Conner but the other night he was talking about the Pens leading the league in faceoff % and complimented Evgeny Malkin. Geno is going to the Hall of Fame but not for faceoffs, per Statmuse, he`s only hit 50% once in his career :

but you would miss jimmy G on 690 lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The more I hear this Luca Scott character, the more I cringe. The guy sounds like a cheesy gangster movie character from the 50’s thanks to his non-negligible neanderthalish stylings and inability to enunciate.

Only on 690 can you find such specimens.

Work their control room for 6 months and you too can be an on-air personality banality.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Doucet hired by the Q as their Director of Communications and Content. He was at Poche Bleue and doing CF Montreal games for 91.9 Sports FM.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Love it!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting but the morning show already had too many heads... you can feel Gilbert rush some guests when the time is up, it's awkward

In other news, anybody see a segment on TVASports with Jean-Charles and Renaud talking about sending Jake Allen to Laval... so cringe

JiC wants guys sent down and called up just like that. Never considering the nuances of certain decisions.

However, in JiC's case, if that player is Quebecois, he wants him staying in Montreal and called up from Laval.

If Monty was struggling and Allen playing solid, he'd never advocate to send Monty down. In fact, he'd probably be saying Primeau should go down because Monty wouldn't have been playing enough to get going.

And if it wasn't Roy, but Condotta, who was having a hot start to the season, he would have never spent all of his shows talking about calling him up.

Last year, he was saying it non-stop how Hoffman needed to be sent to Laval when he had his morning radio show. He would say it everyday like 20 times a day. And Bob Hartley gave one of the best and funniest replies to that. He said you don't bring a porcupine to a balloon party.

Reactions: Svart and Johny

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The more I hear this Luca Scott character, the more I cringe. The guy sounds like a cheesy gangster movie character from the 50’s thanks to his non-negligible neanderthalish stylings and inability to enunciate.

Only on 690 can you find such specimens.

Work their control room for 6 months and you too can be an on-air personality banality.
Jimmy G and that stupid contest they play, so bush league

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Looks like it's the end for SDPN's Game Over series.
Looks like all the hosts have been let go, they are all posting their goodbyes on Twitter.
Not sure about Game Over: Montreal specifically, given that it looks like Berkshire was retained.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Looks like it's the end for SDPN's Game Over series.
Looks like all the hosts have been let go, they are all posting their goodbyes on Twitter.
Not sure about Game Over: Montreal specifically, given that it looks like Berkshire

It's a pretty crowded space, but this series was barely a year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad