TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Capture d’écran, le 2023-10-13 à 09.04.23.png

After one game, Martin St-Louis managed to revive Alex Newhook career. Revive his carrer. After one.f***ing.game.
God I love sports medias and journalism.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As putrid as 690 is, somehow their people will find the occasional gem among the milkman guests doing their rounds.

One of them is a fascinating sort — Stephen Brunt. The man is simply brilliant and his commentary always thought-provoking. He’s on Melnick’s show once a week on Thursdays.

Of course, long time listeners will remember how Brunt was a regular guest on 690’s afternoon show until he joined the wrong sports network and had to sever ties due to contractual restrictions.

Fast forward to now when Brunt is free to do as he pleases and he’s back on.

Please give this man his own show, if he wants it (I’m guessing he’s content doing what he does) and failing that, try offering him more airtime.

Or, open access to him by allowing a few lucky listeners to spend a day with him — he’d be my favorite bar none.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
As putrid as 690 is, somehow their people will find the occasional gem among the milkman guests doing their rounds.

One of them is a fascinating sort — Stephen Brunt. The man is simply brilliant and his commentary always thought-provoking. He’s on Melnick’s show once a week on Thursdays.

Of course, long time listeners will remember how Brunt was a regular guest on 690’s afternoon show until he joined the wrong sports network and had to sever ties due to contractual restrictions.

Please give this man his own show, if he wants it (I’m guessing he’s content doing what he does) and failing that, try offering him more airtime.

Or, open access to him by allowing a few lucky listeners to spend a day with him — he’d be my favorite bar none.
If I heard correctly last week, there is a possibility he could come on more then once a week down the road. The man is knowledgeable on sports and beyond.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just heard Paul Houde say that he is leaving BPM. Said he couldn’t get used to the early morning time slot, couldn’t get himself to sleep on time in anticipation of doing the show.

Said he’s looking into the possibility of collaborating with the station in some other manner.

Really unfortunate as he had a good thing going with Gilbert Delorme and several quality, recurring guests. This morning was his last show.

Looking like Delorme will be taking the reigns and the current on air staff will see their responsibilities accrue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Just heard Paul Houde say that he is leaving BPM. Said he couldn’t get used to the early morning time slot, couldn’t get himself to sleep on time in anticipation of doing the show.

Said he’s looking into the possibility of collaborating with the station in some other manner.

Really unfortunate as he had a good thing going with Gilbert Delorme and several quality, recurring guests. This morning was his last show.

Looking like Delorme will be taking the reigns and the current on air staff will see their responsibilities accrue.

It’s too bad, really enjoy Houde in the mornings.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Sucks. But lately, he was missing shows more often and Gilbert was doing it solo.

I was curious why he missed a few shows.

Reactions: Runner77

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
690 did their 1/4 mark rankings and I thought it was a good excuse to waste time.

Not ranking at all based on expectation, just basing it on how well I feel they've played.

Roughly A=1st line/pair and D =13th F/7th D.

Suzuki - B+
Caufield - B+
Gallagher - B
Newhook - B
Slafkovsky - B-
Monahan - B-
Dvorak - C+
Ylonen - C+
Pearson - C
Evans - C-
Armia - D
Anderson - D

Guhle - A-
Matheson - B+
Xhekaj - B-
Barron - C+
Kovacevic - C+
Harris - C-
Lindstrom - D

Montembeau - A
Primeau - B
Allen - B

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there a reason for Joey Alfieri?

The guy left the station with a big send off last year only to sneak back in through the backdoor, with a Saturday morning show. Isn't he still an Als employee? How do these annoying characters keep finding their way back in? Just when I thought we were done with him.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

The guy left the station with a big send off last year only to sneak back in through the backdoor, with a Saturday morning show. Isn't he still an Als employee? How do these annoying characters keep finding their way back in? Just when I thought we were done with him.
Honest
I listened to Tony today, have to say better guests and interesting. 690 boring

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
BGL was saying on the sick podcast that he knows what happened with Perry and that a lot of journalists knows and most players do.
So, did BGL decide to spill the beans and enlighten us mere mortals, or was he just flaunting his insider info without sharing the goods?

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022

It's like playing a game of TSN690 Whack-a-Mole – just when you think they're gone, pop, back they come.

Reactions: Chili and Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Brunt is awesome. I'll always remember how much better he and his stories were at the Olympics compared to most of the riff raff.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Was good to hear Bill Lee on with Melnick. Spaceman has been having some heart troubles which took a few surgeries. He was out today shoveling snow. Love listening to that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad