TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I cannot believe how they had unfunny comedian Joey Elias interviewing guests today, sounding clueless and resorting to annoying generalities. He was a rank amateur with the likes of Gord Miller guesting within the last hour. To think that Strombo was canned for far less.

I don’t know how the failed comedian weaseled his way into a regular gig on an afternoon sports show but he is clearly overmatched other than when presented with a script (like reading news updates).

Just when you thought these nincompoops couldn’t sink any lower.
Imagine being on a 10 hour flight in cattle class and that schlub sits next to you? I can tell you that Agatha Christie would have a new novel to pen, wouldn't be no f-in mystery who the perpetrator is though.:nod:

64db8739-0481-4342-ab8f-bf21ac64409d_text.gif

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@sampollock had it right — the music on 690 is horrendous. Count on Melnick to come up with lame, folksy songwriters spewing corny lyrics based on current events (that type of bit has gone on forever).

Not to be outdone is the bozo in the control room unable to cue thematic music and that’s not to mention the choice of music, which is straight out of a student radio repertoire.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
@sampollock had it right — the music on 690 is horrendous. Count on Melnick to come up with lame, folksy songwriters spewing corny lyrics based on current events (that type of bit has gone on forever).

Not to be outdone is the bozo in the control room unable to cue thematic music and that’s not to mention the choice of music, which is straight out of a student radio repertoire.
I change the station minute that clown comes on.
I wrote TSN 690 on this months back, they told me "thanks" but we have good content.
LOL for a sports station???? Melinck needs to go to a underground café and sit in the dark and smoke a white owl with sunglasses on and listen to low grade music

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Holy f*** that fat, grease ball Marinaro is so God damn annoying.

He f***ing talks over his guests constantly, yells to be heard and repeats himself like he's some sort of prophet.

He does ask some good, or tough questions, but he's super annoying.

Would be amazing if one person could be involved with the Habs and bring
- a f***ing brain
- not be an idiot
- not be twitchy and weird looking.

Worst case is a lot of the people who report on the Habs can't even check one of these boxes off.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Holy f*** that fat, grease ball Marinaro is so God damn annoying.

He f***ing talks over his guests constantly, yells to be heard and repeats himself like he's some sort of prophet.

He does ask some good, or tough questions, but he's super annoying.

Would be amazing if one person could be involved with the Habs and bring
- a f***ing brain
- not be an idiot
- not be twitchy and weird looking.

Worst case is a lot of the people who report on the Habs can't even check one of these boxes off.
would be nice if 690 had hosts that knew what they were doing and could get real guests to discuss habs.
690 bites

Reactions: CharleyHorse

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal

The afternoon show: five minutes of music; five minutes of blather about their personal lives or interpersonal experiences; five minutes of Melnick chewing his microphone and slurring his speech as if he's gargling sputum while shilling for Burger Bar Crescent.

Then cut to commercials.

Rinse and repeat.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The afternoon show: five minutes of music; five minutes of blather about their personal lives or interpersonal experiences; five minutes of Melnick chewing his microphone and slurring his speech as if he's gargling sputum while shilling for Burger Bar Crescent.

Then cut to commercials.

Rinse and repeat.
Just missing "Hank the Tank" that phones in sounds hammered

I challenge one of you get posters to email 690...and complain about Mitch M
😂

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

Then cut to commercials.

Rinse and repeat.
They must be a tax shelter at this point,took me about 10 seconds yesterday to switch off habs lunch after one of them was talking about how he lived near MSL and then proceeded to discuss completely useless non hockey garbage.Sadly french sports radio blows away any English stations.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
They must be a tax shelter at this point,took me about 10 seconds yesterday to switch off habs lunch after one of them was talking about how he lived near MSL and then proceeded to discuss completely useless non hockey garbage.Sadly french sports radio blows away any English stations.
no content no class no guests no format (expect music)
rather listen to WKRP

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I just turned on 690 to hear what they had to say about the Monahan trade and the Hughes press conference. However, Mitch was only talking about it being the anniversary of the day the music died.

I then turned it off to finish up some work before the weekend starts.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Find Melnick in the Afternoon irritating as well, especially the old days baseball stuff he brings up. He turns 65 this year, can only imagine how things will go when he packs it in, he's the only one that gets some interesting guests. Quality of guests has gone down sharply since Knuckles was shown the door.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Find Melnick in the Afternoon irritating as well, especially the old days baseball stuff he brings up. He turns 65 this year, can only imagine how things will go when he packs it in, he's the only one that gets some interesting guests. Quality of guests has gone down sharply since Knuckles was shown the door.
Literally, they came on for their segment after two minutes of music, and then spent five minutes discussing the question "What did you do last night."

Which included Melnick's impromptu commercial for restaurant Morello's - is that it? - and how the chef prepared a succulent vegan tofu steak for his girlfriend, complete with them reading off a tweet from the husband of their server who gushed over them.

I forced myself to sit through the entire segment just to see how long this could go on.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I just turned on 690 to hear what they had to say about the Monahan trade and the Hughes press conference. However, Mitch was only talking about it being the anniversary of the day the music died.

I then turned it off to finish up some work before the weekend starts.
awesome.. what a tool

Literally, they came on for their segment after two minutes of music, and then spent five minutes discussing the question "What did you do last night."

Which included Melnick's impromptu commercial for restaurant Morello's - is that it? - and how the chef prepared a succulent vegan tofu steak for his girlfriend, complete with them reading off a tweet from the husband of their server who gushed over them.

I forced myself to sit through the entire segment just to see how long this could go on.
send a email see what they say you will get a chuckle

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hopefully not impacting 690 for those of us who listen, but it sounds ominous.

I still listen often so yeah that don't sound good at all. Not really sure but don't 690 have radio broadcast rights for all Habs games? If so that may save them for a bit longer I guess or you'd think so anyway.

Also didn't that piece of garbage company known as Bell do the same last year just after their Bell Let's Talk day?

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
I still listen often so yeah that don't sound good at all. Not really sure but don't 690 have radio broadcast rights for all Habs games? If so that may save them for a bit longer I guess or you'd think so anyway.

Also didn't that piece of garbage company known as Bell do the same last year just after their Bell Let's Talk day?
Good point re: Habs games. And yes, they did. So gross.

Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad