TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I was amazed TSN 690 made the cut, I mean of all the sport radio stations across Canada, it must be the one with the smallest market, even with some french listeners. Now that BPM is here they must be suffocating.
TSN Edmonton also had far better talent on the air than TSN Montreal. Jason Gregor and Jason Strudwick are really good to listen to and have both stated they have lots of options they are considering.

Imagine if TSN 690 closed shop. What options would Gallo, McKenna and Campbell have open to them other than welfare?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
TSN Edmonton also had far better talent on the air than TSN Montreal. Jason Gregor and Jason Strudwick are really good to listen to and have both stated they have lots of options they are considering.

Imagine if TSN 690 closed shop. What options would Gallo, McKenna and Campbell have open to them other than welfare?
they could work for Mitch M at a pot store

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was amazed TSN 690 made the cut, I mean of all the sport radio stations across Canada, it must be the one with the smallest market, even with some french listeners. Now that BPM is here they must be suffocating.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the reason why TSN690 has yet to be among the cut stations is that they have the rights to Habs, CF Montreal & Als games. They also broadcast Laval games from time to time and do other sporting events. I think that is the main reason Bell hasn't cut them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the reason why TSN690 has yet to be among the cut stations is that they have the rights to Habs, CF Montreal & Als games. They also broadcast Laval games from time to time and do other sporting events. I think that is the main reason Bell hasn't cut them.
Same reason they survived the last round of massive cuts and shutdowns that Bell unleashed last year, soon after their Let’s Talk campaign in January. If we go back to our posts at that time, same comments were made.

I guess they were more acutely aware of the mixed message it would cause by doing these cuts in June. Doesn’t take the sting out of the process, good people losing jobs.

Why weren’t some of those stations simply sold off? I understand that the CRTC would have to approve but it’d be better than the bulldozer job Bell is hell bent on achieving.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Same reason they survived the last round of massive cuts and shutdowns that Bell unleashed last year, soon after their Let’s Talk campaign in January. If we go back to our posts at that time, same comments were made.

I guess they were more acutely aware of the mixed message it would cause by doing these cuts in June. Doesn’t take the sting out of the process, good people losing jobs.

Why weren’t some of those stations simply sold off? I understand that the CRTC would have to approve but it’d be better than the bulldozer job Bell is hell bent on achieving.
Some stations have been sold in the RoC.
Yes, but they have other stations in Montreal who could broadcast, but yeah they have the Habs wich a good enough protection against closing the station.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
not Mitch the hippie is not saving this??

very good points though

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Briefly the other day, the topic of gambling in sports came up on Melnick's show (might have been with Michael Farber?). Anyway, not a new topic to the NHL, was mentioned on the history forum (some very knowledgable folks there over the years):

There is also another story from the 1940's of Babe Pratt.

Will be interesting to see how sports leagues including the NHL deal with any similar issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Genuine question where can I hear talk about the Montreal canadiens?

Tony has been pumping out some good content lately. I'm not a fan of Tony whatsoever , I don't hate or love him but its funny that his sick podcast is basically the most popular show that talks about hockey on the entire island lmao.
Nilan is a good one too but doesn't upload often

Genuine question where do you guys listen to habs talk/news? It seems non-existant and when it does its usually god awful.

and don't even get me started on BPM spanre

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I was listening to the Campbell and Gallo show and they had that Green Phantom wrestler guy on and he shoved a cupcake up Campbell's nose apparently and made a mess in the studio.

Anyway once Melnick's show started he said it could've been worse and brought up the time The Green Phantom guy pile drove Andie through a table at one time and it was on YT so I had to go check it out.

Question I have for anyone familiar with this incident. Was that some sort of planned skit or was that shit for real? Since someone was recording the video I'm guessing it was a skit but :dunno:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I was listening to the Campbell and Gallo show and they had that Green Phantom wrestler guy on and he shoved a cupcake up Campbell's nose apparently and made a mess in the studio.

Anyway once Melnick's show started he said it could've been worse and brought up the time The Green Phantom guy pile drove Andie through a table at one time and it was on YT so I had to go check it out.

Question I have for anyone familiar with this incident. Was that some sort of planned skit or was that shit for real? Since someone was recording the video I'm guessing it was a skit but :dunno:
and then drunk tank the hank was on.
quality show

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I heard him trying to sing and sounding like a dog who's nuts were frozen to a patio.

Celebrate good times come on.. :laugh:
Is that your epic dog with 4 appendages? If so, he’d still have 3 other sets of nuts to work with. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad