TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Agree 100%. TSN Toronto talk a lot of Leafs naturally but their segments with hockey analysts are really good.

That said, most of my hockey listening is the NHL network or a number of Habs podcasts. I also subscribe to a few non-Habs for hockey, like Dangle, Marek and CJ.
Which Habs podcasts?

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Another TSN radio station shuts down and let's everyone go.

I think the only ones left are TSN690 in Montreal, 1200 in Ottawa, and 1050 in Toronto.

Maybe a few others still left. But they are slowly, slowly shutting them down.

Radios are going out. Podcasts they go to now.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Which Habs podcasts?
The 32 Thoughts one is generic, but often has Habs bits.

The Sick Podcast w/ Tony is good (minus certain guests I can't stand)
Habsent Minded (EOTP) with Patrik Bexel is really REALLY good for Habs content.
Locked on Canadiens Podcast - much more fan driven but still great
Raw Knuckles, but this one is more Knuckles relating to guests, etc...
Habs Tonight was good (Dale Weise) but I don't think it exists anymore
Daily Faceoff with Frank Seravalli - sometimes has Habs tidbits

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Which Habs podcasts?

There's podcasts out there for everyone depending upon what your're into.

I prefer chris nilan's podcast but you won't get so much information about today's habs from it. Marinaro is probably better for that, but I don't really look for habs current events from any podcast

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
on the cool music circuit for TSN sports radio
Your favorite DJ of songs and artists no one has ever heard of, is pitching for funds for a musician friend of his from NY, who is having health issues. Great to have the kind of pull Melnick has to help friends.

I’m sure @sampollock will be first to donate. :sarcasm:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hope it works out in Montreal but as someone who has worked my entire professional life in broadcasting Bell Media is the most heartless owner I have seen on either side of the border. TSN is based in Scarborough, ON, and is a bare-bones operation.

40+ years ago broadcasting was labor intensive. Here are 2 examples from Boston.

95% of those jobs don't exist anymore.

In the 70s CFCF-TV on Oglivy Avenue in Montreal was a major production center for US game shows.

The world has changed - somebody pointed out to me that doctor's offices no longer offer patients things to read knowing people will just use their phones.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And he got the firing of the two therapists right too.

He broke the news. And when media people reached out to the Habs, they confirmed it.

So Tony got two scoops right back-to-back.
He probably had those same contacts all along but just couldn't break shit cuz he was part of the big corporation...

Now he's free so he's en profite! :naughty:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I was amazed TSN 690 made the cut, I mean of all the sport radio stations across Canada, it must be the one with the smallest market, even with some french listeners. Now that BPM is here they must be suffocating.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I hope it works out in Montreal but as someone who has worked my entire professional life in broadcasting Bell Media is the most heartless owner I have seen on either side of the border. TSN is based in Scarborough, ON, and is a bare-bones operation.

40+ years ago broadcasting was labor intensive. Here are 2 examples from Boston.

95% of those jobs don't exist anymore.

In the 70s CFCF-TV on Oglivy Avenue in Montreal was a major production center for US game shows.

The world has changed - somebody pointed out to me that doctor's offices no longer offer patients things to read knowing people will just use their phones.

Beat the clock, one of my older brothers was on it back then,they were even smoking during the game play. Yes, the times sure have changed.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad