TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hi! Mr Marco D'Amico, will stay at Montreal Hockey Now, He will stay until after the draft and free agancy and then take July and August off and come back if God willing in September. Here is the link of the news on Twitter, enjoy and take caare and have a nice day all of You.

Either Marco’s future wife got involved or Dumont threatened to post a series of dirty laundry cringe tweets like when the Habs fired him. Or both. :sarcasm:

Happy to see Marco back plus continuing to do his pre-game contributions on 690 and his BPM segments, next season.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Nothing on 690 beats that Play at the Plate segment Haig was a part of and the time they had a controversy that spilled into the Expos dugout somehow but can’t remember the details.
Vaguely remember him on the Expos radio broadcasts. Once most of the games were on tv, probably rarely listened to the games on the radio. Fond memories though of Dave & Duke, Dave & Ken, Claude & Jacques, JP & Rodger 'Jose, Jose, Jose' Brulotte back to Dave & Russ.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Vaguely remember him on the Expos radio broadcasts. Once most of the games were on tv, probably rarely listened to the games on the radio. Fond memories though of Dave & Duke, Dave & Ken, Claude & Jacques, JP & Rodger 'Jose, Jose, Jose' Brulotte back to Dave & Russ.
No Dave & Russ. Hell I remember Russ Taylor & Tex Coulter doing Alouette radio. Horrible Alouette teams.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Godin will surely have another gig. But it sucks because I really enjoy his work on The Athletic.

Lots of support for Godin in that Tweet thread, including from several name brand media types.

When you consider the turds and dinosaurs who continue to hold on to their jobs as pundits for Quebec sports broadcasters and media in general, there is no way he doesn’t land a new gig soon enough. Good luck to him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I really like Godin, he wasn't afraid to tell Arpon he was out to lunch at times.

Hope he continues to do the odd bit of English coverage.

I really enjoyed their podcast, in both languages.

And it wasn't only Godin telling Arpon he was out to lunch at times. Basu has let Godin know that his point of view was flawed. They were both able to have healthy discussions and at points one would tell the other how their opinions weren't fair ones to have.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
There isn’t much of a reason to continue subscribing to The Athletic at this point. Man have they really fallen off since 3-4 years ago.

Disagree

Although I am saddened by Godin being laid off, just the NHL prospect content from Pronman and Wheeler is worth the price of admissions.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really enjoyed their podcast, in both languages.

And it wasn't only Godin telling Arpon he was out to lunch at times. Basu has let Godin know that his point of view was flawed. They were both able to have healthy discussions and at points one would tell the other how their opinions weren't fair ones to have.
Maybe Godin and Arpon can take a clue from Marinaro and continue as their own independent Y/T podcast plastered with advertiser logos floating around the screen — Marinaro is Sick, Godin & Arpon should come in with the Antidote.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tuned into 690 this morning to have a listen to what Pagnotta had to say but he was a no show and wasn't on for some reason. Must've got on a big bender in Vegas last night and overslept this morning I guess. :dunno:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sad for MAG(can’t remember the numbers he was using after the first three letters as a username on this forum a while back), he used to be one of us.
Bino, what's your contact saying about Dubois now? is he going to LA instead?

Tuned into 690 this morning to have a listen to what Pagnotta had to say but he was a no show and wasn't on for some reason. Must've got on a big bender in Vegas last night and overslept this morning I guess. :dunno:
trying to figure out how the f*** 4th period makes money. Bernstein's main job seems to be as an employment head hunter of some sort

• Haha

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
cmon man. who has the inside track?
The only source that has a leg up
on @Vachon23 is @dinodebino ’s new smart bidet. :sarcasm:

That thing records Dino’s deepest thoughts and secrets from the hockey world and beyond as he’s ugh … reclining into a comfortable position amenable to the transference of such insider knowledge, mostly captured from the nether regions thanks to advanced sensors. @YukonCornelius Petry is usually keeping tabs on Dino’s backrest advancements.

Hopefully, there is a sterilizing function after all is said and done. :oops:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The only source that has a leg up
on @Vachon23 is @dinodebino ’s new smart bidet. :sarcasm:

That thing records Dino’s deepest thoughts and secrets from the hockey world and beyond as he’s ugh … reclining into a comfortable position amenable to the transference of such insider knowledge, mostly captured from the nether regions thanks to advanced sensors. @YukonCornelius Petry is usually keeping tabs on Dino’s backrest advancements.

Hopefully, there is a sterilizing function after all is said and done. :oops:
Unfortunately, I sold my condo, thus don’t have my smart bidet anymore. I know, darkest day in Dino’s history.

Now, I have another, lesser smart bidet. And no warm water. Just cold. But still efficient!

cmon man. who has the inside track?
No clue!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unfortunately, I sold my condo, thus don’t have my smart bidet anymore. I know, darkest day in Dino’s history.

Now, I have another, lesser smart bidet. And no warm water. Just cold. But still efficient!
The infamous condo with the centipedes? Good lord, what a travesty! :sarcasm:

What did you move to — another condo in Gatineau?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad