Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Trouba's terribly overrated. People acting like he's a top pairing defencemen... Not a chance

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Montreal has their top 4 RD spots locked in.

When Trouba is eventually moved, I don't think Jets fans are going to be happy with the return. Like most players, he doesn't have the value we all hope for on our team when we look to make deals. It applies to more than half the league around here. Even though Trouba is a good asset, I don't think he is worth what has been thrown around all summer.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

When Trouba is eventually moved, I don't think Jets fans are going to be happy with the return. Like most players, he doesn't have the value we all hope for on our team when we look to make deals. It applies to more than half the league around here. Even though Trouba is a good asset, I don't think he is worth what has been thrown around all summer.

Depends what "offers" you're referring to of course, like any player for any team you have a minority who are very high on the player. I've seen some very decent offers for him also, biggest things is the return reflective of our needs? Most offers aren't, just a bunch of random pieces thrown together that the respective team doesn't need or want anymore so they offer them up with very little thought of the Jets needs.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

'Eventually moved'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Trouba for TML 2017 1st (top 10 protected pre lottery), Tobias Lindberg/Josh Leivo, Frank Corrado/Martin Marincin?

Corrado/Marincin can play bottom pairing this year for Winnipeg, Marincin looked ready to step into the top 4 when the opportunity was there, though he is a LHD and Corrado is a RHD.

Lindberg/Leivo both look like pretty solid prospects, nicely looking to become top 9 guy, Leivo probably next year.

2017 1st round pick top 10 protected. With Trouba, I for sure see the Leafs finishing outside the bottom 10.

Thoughts? Is the value off?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Trouba for TML 2017 1st (top 10 protected pre lottery), Tobias Lindberg/Josh Leivo, Frank Corrado/Martin Marincin?

Corrado/Marincin can play bottom pairing this year for Winnipeg, Marincin looked ready to step into the top 4 when the opportunity was there, though he is a LHD and Corrado is a RHD.

Lindberg/Leivo both look like pretty solid prospects, nicely looking to become top 9 guy, Leivo probably next year.

2017 1st round pick top 10 protected. With Trouba, I for sure see the Leafs finishing outside the bottom 10.

Thoughts? Is the value off?

Yes, the value is off.

Also, the pieces are of very little interest to the Jets. They don't need quantity for quality. Their prospect pipeline is brimming full of everything except top D, like Trouba.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
As a fan of both the Leafs and Jets, if the Jets feel they really have to trade Trouba (I'd rather they trade Myers), I think an offer based around Gardiner and a conditional 2017 1st round pick would be beneficial to both sides.

Condition on that pick being if the Leafs end up drafting in the top 5, Winnipeg gets their 2018 1st instead (10-15 overall range by my estimations).

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Yes, the value is off.

Also, the pieces are of very little interest to the Jets. They don't need quantity for quality. Their prospect pipeline is brimming full of everything except top D, like Trouba.

Totally fair! Was just looking to see what kind of package was being looked for, both high and low end.

I like Trouba, see him as being a top 100 defender right now (id have him close to the 80-95 ish spot) and see him being able to develop into a top 60 in the league guy. Never expect him to be top 10 or even 20, but thats less based on his absolute potential and more on the fact that few players hit their peak potential.

From the Leafs, unless were giving up a JVR type, which I dont think they will, I cant see much more than a 20171st + prospect+ D thats not Zaitsev, Gardiner, Reilly being what they can do.

I hope he signs with WPG as I want them to succeed but thats allot of money tied up in 3 RHD, who are all easily top 4 guys for the long haul.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
As a fan of both the Leafs and Jets, if the Jets feel they really have to trade Trouba (I'd rather they trade Myers), I think an offer based around Gardiner and a conditional 2017 1st round pick would be beneficial to both sides.

Condition on that pick being if the Leafs end up drafting in the top 5, Winnipeg gets their 2018 1st instead (10-15 overall range by my estimations).

Lol no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad