Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Talk to me after he is traded:), the return will be way less than Jets fans are thinking. I will be listening to all the Jets fans mad at Chevy. I was saying several weeks ago that he might want out because he doesn't want to play the left side and I was blasted for that thinking. So here we are, and he does want out, even though many Jets fans were saying, he doesn't want out.

What are all Jets fans thinking the return will be? Chevy has already said what the return will be, and likely has multi deals lined up before sticking his neck out publically. Sounds like it will be a LHD similar to Trouba. If your not offering that sounds like Chevy isn't even considering it.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Talk to me after he is traded:), the return will be way less than Jets fans are thinking. I will be listening to all the Jets fans mad at Chevy. I was saying several weeks ago that he might want out because he doesn't want to play the left side and I was blasted for that thinking. So here we are, and he does want out, even though many Jets fans were saying, he doesn't want out.

I think the return will be solid. Unlike the hamonic, situation, there is no geographic limitation.

Would the jets love a LHD in return? Yes, but since they are not at the same situation as the islanders in terms of okayoff expectations, it's not a necessity. They have plenty of assets to go out and make a separate seal involving a defenseman later.

Main point is to get the best return possible then go and fill a need afterwards.

That said, I do think the jets need to start pushing for the playoffs no later than next season. Vets like buff and wheeler are signed and are 30, so their best years left are in the next 4. So, can't be acquiring a bunch of prospects still. Have to think what assets they will need to use to get that d man they still want to replace Trouba.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
What are all Jets fans thinking the return will be? Chevy has already said what the return will be, and likely has multi deals lined up before sticking his neck out publically. Sounds like it will be a LHD similar to Trouba. If your not offering that sounds like Chevy isn't even considering it.

He won't get what he wants for an unsigned Trouba. I would support Chevy holding out until Trouba signs a fair market contract and he has something to sell. Otherwise he is limited to the teams KO wants to send his client to. I would support Chevy if he holds out to the end of Nov. this is hockey's version of playing chicken. Losing this one only sets up the Jets to lose any player that wants out.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Highest id go for Trouba Would be Gardiner+Dermott+ 2 2017 2nds??? jets fans you like??

That's alot to give up and frankly, I wouldn't be comfortable doing so. If a deal can be made around Gardiner and something small, that would make sense for the Leafs. To give up a good top 4 D on a nice contract, a good prospect in Dermott and 2 second round picks? That's alot to give up for a player who's not really a massive upgrade on Gardiner.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I think a similar LHD, around the same age, or a younger D with good upside, and a (hopefully defensive) prospect.

I'm not sure if we could or will get more, but probably something around that.

It's going to be hard finding a similar LHD. Maybe someone like Esa Lindell??

I think he will end up being traded for a younger (2013 and on) prospect with good upside and who is ready to play and a +.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think a similar LHD, around the same age, or a younger D with good upside, and a (hopefully defensive) prospect.

I'm not sure if we could or will get more, but probably something around that.

It's going to be hard finding a similar LHD. Maybe someone like Esa Lindell??

I think he will end up being traded for a younger (2013 and on) prospect with good upside and who is ready to play and a +.

Wouldn't Winnipeg be looking for someone who can help them right now though?

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I think the return will be solid. Unlike the hamonic, situation, there is no geographic limitation.

Would the jets love a LHD in return? Yes, but since they are not at the same situation as the islanders in terms of okayoff expectations, it's not a necessity. They have plenty of assets to go out and make a separate seal involving a defenseman later.

Main point is to get the best return possible then go and fill a need afterwards.

There are some limitations though not necessarily related to geography.

- The first is the cap. Trouba will immediately need to be signed and its likely to be in the $5M range. Obviously any team can wheel and deal to make something work but this close to the season starting makes it a lot harder and limits potential landing spots. The price for a team that needs to make room to fit him is higher to them on whole.
- The second is where Trouba wants to go. Winnipeg can trade him to anyone, but if hes not willing to sign somewhere that fills what he and his agent are looking for situationally, it won't work. No one is trading for him if he doesn't want to sign somewhere.
- Third is more from Winnipeg's POV, they may want to get him out of the conference and they certainly will not want to trade him in division unless the return is astronomical.

I agree with you otherwise. If Winnipeg gets an offer that makes sense, the idea that they're locked into one position is foolish. They may want a LHD of age and stature and publicly making that known, but the right offer can always change a perspective.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I read the ask from the Oilers was for Fayne + Davidson + 2017 1st . Forget which sight I read it on . read a Jet fan saying he would trade him to the Oilers for Yakupov and Nurse . Many many articles out there and everyone has an opinion . His value will be decided once he is traded . A GM doesn't set the value . He may ask for something that other teams won't give up but then again if a bidding war starts maybe he gets more . The one thing I will say I do not see the Jets letting him sit out . He will be moved . I hope the Oilers can work something out with them . No matter what we need to send salary back .

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Trouba

Is a nice looking top 4 and the 3 young guys all has potential to get much better . My concerns are that adding Trouba will not only cost the assets to acquire him it will also cost another forward being lost to expansion . We would have to go 4 D 4 F and 1 G .

Lucic , Eberle , RNH , Not sure about Draisaitl but I think he needs protecting
McD and Pulju are exempt .

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wouldn't Winnipeg be looking for someone who can help them right now though?

With Myers + Buff on the right and Enstrom on the left, it's looking like Morrissey is getting paired up with Myers to start. So really we're looking for a second line LHD or bottom pairing D as of right now. Enstrom is still going to be the #1 LHD to take pressure off of Morrissey.

I'd take Lindell right this second over Mark Stuart at 3rd pairing LHD lol.

Maurice indicated we might be even younger this year than last, so if we have to take short term pain to develop the young guys we will.

We also still have Pavelec, so most Jets fans are kind of accepting another bad year unless they have the balls to waive him.

Who knows though, watch him get traded to a team for a forward :laugh:

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I knew that Trouba was wanting out of Winnipeg, But no Jets fans were calling me crazy and say it wasn't true. Well yes it was true and this proves it.

Here's your cookie.

smart-cookie-pic-copy.jpg

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Demanding a trade is so weak and selfish.

Not characteristics I'd want on my team.

Turris demanded a trade, I think Ottawa fans are happy with his attitude.

I can understand why he wants it, it was frustrating for us as well watching him play behind Myers when he's better, get zero PP time. Our solution (as fans) was #1 LHD, but he really doesn't want to be on the left side, so eh.

He was never one of my favourite Jets so i'm not that torn up about it, as long as we get a good return.

If this was Scheifele or Ehlers, i'd be flipping my ****.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I read the ask from the Oilers was for Fayne + Davidson + 2017 1st . Forget which sight I read it on . read a Jet fan saying he would trade him to the Oilers for Yakupov and Nurse . Many many articles out there and everyone has an opinion . His value will be decided once he is traded . A GM doesn't set the value . He may ask for something that other teams won't give up but then again if a bidding war starts maybe he gets more . The one thing I will say I do not see the Jets letting him sit out . He will be moved . I hope the Oilers can work something out with them . No matter what we need to send salary back .

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Trouba

Is a nice looking top 4 and the 3 young guys all has potential to get much better . My concerns are that adding Trouba will not only cost the assets to acquire him it will also cost another forward being lost to expansion . We would have to go 4 D 4 F and 1 G .

Lucic , Eberle , RNH , Not sure about Draisaitl but I think he needs protecting
McD and Pulju are exempt .
How's any one of Fayne or Davidson an upgrade over Trouba they're not pretty sure that Kevin Cheveldayoff can get a better deal for Trouba then Fayne and Davidson. Cheveldayoff can get a far better deal then this. If Edmonton wants Trouba would've to think that Klefbom would need to go the other way.

Ducksgo*

I knew that Trouba was wanting out of Winnipeg, But no Jets fans were calling me crazy and say it wasn't true. Well yes it was true and this proves it.

Well at this point. Ducks are stuck in the mud. The 27th preseason starts which is Tuesday. I'm hoping a 3 way trade happens with Toronto and Peg regarding Trouba and JVR. Or Detroit gives us Tatar + for Fowler.

This is just bad in so many shape and fashions. Both Peg and Ducks.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No offence to peeps living in Detorit but Detroit as a city ain't a upgrade from Winnipeg

First of it's isn't not ain't, And right now if Trouba was coming home to Detroit he would be on the top pairing with DDK not on his offside that he doesn't want that is what this is all about not the money but how he's being used he wants to play his normal right side not left side and that's never going to happen in Winnipeg unless Myers is dealt.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
How's any one of Fayne or Davidson an upgrade over Trouba they're not pretty sure that Kevin Cheveldayoff can get a better deal for Trouba then Fayne and Davidson. Cheveldayoff can get a far better deal then this. If Edmonton wants Trouba would've to think that Klefbom would need to go the other way.

You're completely ignoring that there was a first round pick in there. It depends on when that offer was made. If it was made pre-draft, that would've been #4 overall which is hardly something to scoff at since the Jets would've then been able to take Laine AND Juolevi who is an LHD, plus is cost controlled for 3 years. Fayne and Davidson were just flips in that deal. The first would be the centerpiece.

If the deal was made now, that's not as good since Edmonton hasn't had the chance to suck yet and put that pick into the lottery yet.

EDIT: Just noticed it was 2017 Draft. That stinks.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Well at this point. Ducks are stuck in the mud. The 27th preseason starts which is Tuesday. I'm hoping a 3 way trade happens with Toronto and Peg regarding Trouba and JVR. Or Detroit gives us Tatar + for Fowler.

This is just bad in so many shape and fashions. Both Peg and Ducks.

Well seeing that Trouba is now on the trade market, Detroit will heavily go after him over Fowler Detroit needs RHD more then LHD that we already have tons of. Detroit would gladly take Fowler over say Trouba or Shattenkirk because he would be cheaper compared to the two. But seeing that Trouba should now be on the market and he plans on working out home in Detroit i think a deal with Detroit makes the most sense. How many of these teams looking at Trouba could give him top pairing minutes like Detroit can more then likely most of these teams would give him middle pairing roles.

Ducksgo*

Well seeing that Trouba is now on the trade market, Detroit will heavily go after him over Fowler Detroit needs RHD more then LHD that we already have tons of. Detroit would gladly take Fowler over say Trouba or Shattenkirk because he would be cheaper compared to the two. But seeing that Trouba should now be on the market and he plans on working out home in Detroit i think a deal with Detroit makes the most sense. How many of these teams looking at Trouba could give him top pairing minutes like Detroit can more then likely most of these teams would give him middle pairing roles.

Well I guess we are screwed. Your point is 100% valid. And we are rolling with rookies right now through pre season until Lindholm and Rakell sign.

No training camp, no pre season for both players. Even if they sign they won't know the Carlyle system. God Damnt Murray

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You're completely ignoring that there was a first round pick in there. It depends on when that offer was made. If it was made pre-draft, that would've been #4 overall which is hardly something to scoff at since the Jets would've then been able to take Laine AND Juolevi who is an LHD, plus is cost controlled for 3 years. Fayne and Davidson were just flips in that deal. The first would be the centerpiece.

If the deal was made now, that's not as good since Edmonton hasn't had the chance to suck yet and put that pick into the lottery yet.

EDIT: Just noticed it was 2017 Draft. That stinks.

Yeah granted that the 2017 1st rounder is enticing considering that Edmonton more then likely will finish in the bottom 10 it will be a nice pick. Was just saying that Fayne nor Davidson are upgrades compared to losing Trouba. Chevelday will want a similar young LHD back that has a similar style as Trouba and neither Fayne or Davidson fit that role.

Puck Tiss

Nov 4, 2013

With what assets? I dont see anything enticing on the Wings roster, or in their farm. Not to mention they have no cap space.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
There are some limitations though not necessarily related to geography.

- The first is the cap. Trouba will immediately need to be signed and its likely to be in the $5M range. Obviously any team can wheel and deal to make something work but this close to the season starting makes it a lot harder and limits potential landing spots. The price for a team that needs to make room to fit him is higher to them on whole.
- The second is where Trouba wants to go. Winnipeg can trade him to anyone, but if hes not willing to sign somewhere that fills what he and his agent are looking for situationally, it won't work. No one is trading for him if he doesn't want to sign somewhere.
- Third is more from Winnipeg's POV, they may want to get him out of the conference and they certainly will not want to trade him in division unless the return is astronomical.

I agree with you otherwise. If Winnipeg gets an offer that makes sense, the idea that they're locked into one position is foolish. They may want a LHD of age and stature and publicly making that known, but the right offer can always change a perspective.

I would think when another GM calls Chevy, they ask what the agent is asking for to get a ballpark figure of what it will cost. Plus, teams already know the market. Hamilton is $5.75, Jones is $5.4 for recent signings. So, they know what the top end of the young defenseman market is.

As for the cap, teams have to figure it out. Jets could take on a contract if the return is better.

Trouba as an RFA is locked into the team that owns his rights over the next 4 years. He doesn't have control right now.

As for outside the division, each GM takes that into consideration. Being realistic, blues, predators, hawks, wild seem more than set on the backend. Leaves the avs and stars inside their division.

Only position I worry about trading inside the division is goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad