Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Yeah granted that the 2017 1st rounder is enticing considering that Edmonton more then likely will finish in the bottom 10 it will be a nice pick. Was just saying that Fayne nor Davidson are upgrades compared to losing Trouba. Chevelday will want a similar young LHD back that has a similar style as Trouba and neither Fayne or Davidson fit that role.

He may be projecting publicly that he's locked into an LHD, but I dont think for a second that he won't listen to other offers. Narrow minded thinking like that is not going to help his club out as its way too limiting considering some of the potential returns Trouba can bring. If he doesnt get that LHD offer, he'll budge.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
With what assets? I dont see anything enticing on the Wings roster, or in their farm. Not to mention they have no cap space.

For Detroit to get Trouba, More then likely a 3 way would need to be done. Heard that Cheveldayoff likes Smith plus Detroit would need to move one of either Tatar or Nyquist to make the deal work something around Nyquist+Smith+Detroit's 2017 1st round pick for Trouba say at 7 years @ $5.75 million would work.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He may be projecting publicly that he's locked into an LHD, but I dont think for a second that he won't listen to other offers. Narrow minded thinking like that is not going to help his club out as its way too limiting considering some of the potential returns Trouba can bring. If he doesnt get that LHD offer, he'll budge.

Honestly i would think that a Hamonic for Trouba deal would work for both clubs, Even though Hamonic rescinded his trade request it's still home and on a nice up and coming team. The only problem being that if Trouba is seeking close to $6 million per long term and Hamonic is making $3.8 million per. I doubt that Snow wants to pay Trouba far more money then he's already paying Hamonic on a very nice deal.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Honestly i would think that a Hamonic for Trouba deal would work for both clubs, Even though Hamonic rescinded his trade request it's still home and on a nice up and coming team. The only problem being that if Trouba is seeking close to $6 million per long term and Hamonic is making $3.8 million per. I doubt that Snow wants to pay Trouba far more money then he's already paying Hamonic on a very nice deal.

Another problem is that Jets don't want another RD.

Ducksgo*

Another problem is that Jets don't want another RD.

Yah I agree with Larmex. Jets have been consistently asking for LHD. But whom are really available when pre season starts Tuesday? Clubs already have there roster set pretty much.

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
First of it's isn't not ain't, And right now if Trouba was coming home to Detroit he would be on the top pairing with DDK not on his offside that he doesn't want that is what this is all about not the money but how he's being used he wants to play his normal right side not left side and that's never going to happen in Winnipeg unless Myers is dealt.

No, the word 'isn't' is a contraction. Therefore, I suggest you say, 'is not'.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
Yah I agree with Larmex. Jets have been consistently asking for LHD. But whom are really available when pre season starts Tuesday? Clubs already have there roster set pretty much.

Nurse + from the oilers. I think teams will really value the expansion exempt status of a defender that can fit in your top 4.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For Detroit to get Trouba, More then likely a 3 way would need to be done. Heard that Cheveldayoff likes Smith plus Detroit would need to move one of either Tatar or Nyquist to make the deal work something around Nyquist+Smith+Detroit's 2017 1st round pick for Trouba say at 7 years @ $5.75 million would work.

Chevy never says a word. I seriously doubt there's any credible evidence about his view of Smith. I think he's a solid D, but he has just a year left on his contract before UFA, which seriously dampens his value to a young team like the Jets. I think the Jets might have an interest, but maybe want to add a bit more value.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Nurse + from the oilers. I think teams will really value the expansion exempt status of a defender that can fit in your top 4.

I think the Jets will be looking for a player than can play top 4 on the Jets, not the Moose

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
I wasn't impressed by Trouba in the WCH. He looked out of place compared to his peers. As a leaf fan I would pass simply due to the fact you have to give up assets as well as sign him to a contract. I don't see him becoming a top pairing D IMO

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I really hope LouLam is exploring this.

- Lou loves his Americans
- We need RD
- Can offer him top minutes
- Jacob is already familiar with Rielly and Matthews (Him and Rielly were even a PK pair for NA)
- Can offer a top-4 LD in trade, and have a plethora of picks and prospects that could be used as add-on's.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Chevy never says a word. I seriously doubt there's any credible evidence about his view of Smith. I think he's a solid D, but he has just a year left on his contract before UFA, which seriously dampens his value to a young team like the Jets. I think the Jets might have an interest, but maybe want to add a bit more value.

The parameters of what the jets want from another organization is ultimately based on what they expect to achieve this season.

What are their goals?

Are they going to push for the playoffs or is this a development year for next season which should be the major push to not just make the playoffs but to win and advance.

In net, they have pavelec for this year. Final year for him. If he does not play well, do they hand the net to their pair of youngsters? Helly got in like almost 1/3 of games last season, so if playoffs are not the goal, why not give him more starts this year if he plays well?

On defence, 3 vets and some solid depth guys. Expecting Morrissey to be their #4 guy if hey can't add someone else. Buff is 30 and enstrom is nearing the end. Outside of Morrissey, who are the next wave of young jet d to come up, cause they are basically needing to replace Trouba now and enstrom very soon. Stanley will be a couple of years out.

Up front, they have wheeler signed and he is 30 as well. Scheiffle, is signed and they have some good youngsters in Laine, Connor, ehlers, for scorers and second and third liners in dano, lemieux, armia, etc. Will have to decide on whether little warrants a long term commitment.

So winning this year isn't mandatory, but they can't be wasting many more of buff and wheelers good years. It's their time to step up.

North

Jun 25, 2009
First of it's isn't not ain't, And right now if Trouba was coming home to Detroit he would be on the top pairing with DDK not on his offside that he doesn't want that is what this is all about not the money but how he's being used he wants to play his normal right side not left side and that's never going to happen in Winnipeg unless Myers is dealt.

Detroit has nothing of value.

Smith is not enticing enough.

A three way deal is unlikely. As much as Detroit might want Trouba, they are on the outside looking in on this thing.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
How about:

To Jets:
Andrew MacDonald
Samuel Morin

To Flyers:
Jacob Trouba

I think this is a fair trade for both teams. Flyers shed some cap and get younger on the point now. Jets get a great 3-4 Dman with grit for the present and a nice big young Dman to join the core of other big guys like Buff, Myers, and Stanley in the future. That is a nightmare to match up against!

This is for @MathHappens51 : )

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The parameters of what the jets want from another organization is ultimately based on what they expect to achieve this season.

What are their goals?

Are they going to push for the playoffs or is this a development year for next season which should be the major push to not just make the playoffs but to win and advance.

In net, they have pavelec for this year. Final year for him. If he does not play well, do they hand the net to their pair of youngsters? Helly got in like almost 1/3 of games last season, so if playoffs are not the goal, why not give him more starts this year if he plays well?

On defence, 3 vets and some solid depth guys. Expecting Morrissey to be their #4 guy if hey can't add someone else. Buff is 30 and enstrom is nearing the end. Outside of Morrissey, who are the next wave of young jet d to come up, cause they are basically needing to replace Trouba now and enstrom very soon. Stanley will be a couple of years out.

Up front, they have wheeler signed and he is 30 as well. Scheiffle, is signed and they have some good youngsters in Laine, Connor, ehlers, for scorers and second and third liners in dano, lemieux, armia, etc. Will have to decide on whether little warrants a long term commitment.

So winning this year isn't mandatory, but they can't be wasting many more of buff and wheelers good years. It's their time to step up.

Chevy won't trade a young cornerstone for short term value. It just won't happen.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How about:

To Jets:
Andrew MacDonald
Samuel Morin

To Flyers:
Jacob Trouba

I think this is a fair trade for both teams. Flyers shed some cap and get younger on the point now. Jets get a great 3-4 Dman with grit for the present and a nice big young Dman to join the core of other big guys like Buff, Myers, and Stanley in the future. That is a nightmare to match up against!

This is for @MathHappens51 : )

....when you know it's time to leave the main HFB trade forums.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Chevy won't trade a young cornerstone for short term value. It just won't happen.

Agreed. But, I do not think he can take a deal that is heavily prospect or draft pick loaded.

What assets can they get back to either flip for a defenseman, such as a young scoring winger to then try to deal for a Fowler or depres from Anaheim for example.
Or get assets so that they can move their own collection of assets to get the at defenseman. Cause, I don't think a team is going to want to move a young NHL player for prospects or picks. Need NHL calibre players.

Of the western conference teams that missed the playoffs, I think they should be at the top in terms of expecting to make it this season.

Distraction of Ladd and buff deals are over. Down to Trouba. Need to get that resolved and move forward.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Highest id go for Trouba Would be Gardiner+Dermott+ 2 2017 2nds??? jets fans you like??

pretty terrible on the leafs end. Gardiner is the better player right now and there are questions about if Trouba will become the better player.
then we give up a pair of 2nd's and our top D prospect as well?

No dice

I can understand the plus due to the upside of Trouba, but the plus isnt dermott and a pair of 2nds. take away the 2nds maybe

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
pretty terrible on the leafs end. Gardiner is the better player right now and there are questions about if Trouba will become the better player.
then we give up a pair of 2nd's and our top D prospect as well?

No dice

I can understand the plus due to the upside of Trouba, but the plus isnt dermott and a pair of 2nds. take away the 2nds maybe

I'd rather give up Carrick as well instead of Dermott. We'd have Trouba and Zaitsev at top 4, plus a handful of guys more suited for a bottom pairing RD spot than him as well.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well at this point. Ducks are stuck in the mud. The 27th preseason starts which is Tuesday. I'm hoping a 3 way trade happens with Toronto and Peg regarding Trouba and JVR. Or Detroit gives us Tatar + for Fowler.

This is just bad in so many shape and fashions. Both Peg and Ducks.
We will trade Gardiner+ for Trouba and then trade JVR (retained) for Fowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad