Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Highest id go for Trouba Would be Gardiner+Dermott+ 2 2017 2nds??? jets fans you like??

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Agreed, Montreal doesn't make that trade because Winnipeg would never do it lolol

Montreal doesn't do it because of Weber/Petry slotted in as top 4 RHD already plus we'd never fit Trouba under the cap even if his salary demands came down. Just not a fit.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
More I think about it, the more obvious is that Jets wont trade Trouba in a panic trade. If it is true what Overhardt says, that they demanded a trade back in May and nothing happend until now, I doubt Jets are in any hurry. I think Trouba got frustrared and relasing he is missing camps and tries to speed up. If Jets don´t get what they like they probobly even wait until the expansiondraft and works out something with Vegas. Vegas will have surplus of quality D-men, but do they get the chance of getting a 23 year old RHD stud? They trade on of their surplus quality D-men with Jets. And they will probobly even sign him cheap aswell ;)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
More I think about it, the more obvious is that Jets wont trade Trouba in a panic trade. If it is true what Overhardt says, that they demanded a trade back in May and nothing happend until now, I doubt Jets are in any hurry. I think Trouba got frustrared and relasing he is missing camps and tries to speed up. If Jets don´t get what they like they probobly even wait until the expansiondraft and works out something with Vegas. Vegas will have surplus of quality D-men, but do they get the chance of getting a 23 year old RHD stud? They trade on of their surplus quality D-men with Jets. And they will probobly even sign him cheap aswell ;)

They might want to speed this up a bit if they go into the season with him on the team it could become a distraction

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
They might want to speed this up a bit if they go into the season with him on the team it could become a distraction

He is not on the team, so we'll live with what we have. And by the way, some of the Jets players have been interviewed, and they didn't exactly seem like... they liked what Trouba did *cough Perreault cough*. I guess there's some motivation to show Trouba that he isn't needed.

This saga is over the second Chevy gets a good enough deal. When that second occurs, we'll wait and see. Some of us lose a lot of money while waiting, though. :)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is not on the team, so we'll live with what we have. And by the way, some of the Jets players have been interviewed, and they didn't exactly seem like... they liked what Trouba did *cough Perreault cough*. I guess there's some motivation to show Trouba that he isn't needed.

This saga is over the second Chevy gets a good enough deal. When that second occurs, we'll wait and see. Some of us lose a lot of money while waiting, though. :)

What if the opposite happens?

What if the team stars out bad and loses a bunch of games because their defense feels the loss of Trouba?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

What if the team stars out bad and loses a bunch of games because their defense feels the loss of Trouba?

Jets are 2-3 years away from achieving anything before this happened, no rush. We didn't have a chance at playoffs this year with Trouba.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We aren't terribly interested in taking people's garbage from them. Come on now.

To get anyone listening, you have to be sending back Sergechev

I am no habs fan but no they don't, you will get a good price but you won't get any teams #1 prospect.

He's a good player but not a superstar

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
And justifiably so. How is that good value for the Jets? Bishop will be an unrestricted free agent after 1 year, Sustr is a RHS dman that would be third pairing, the Jets give up the much better pick AND a top prospect.

Easy no.

I never said it was fair value , I just stated Jets Fans love those two players , thats all

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

What do we have to do? A guy who never had ANY intention of signing with us... how is he going to help?

Trouba is a non-factor when it comes to our defense for the season. We start off with what we have, and Trouba is not a part of it, nor will he ever be. If that means that we lose games, too bad. That's why Chevy should work towards replacing him with correct assets and not rushing a deal and doing something stupid.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
Highest id go for Trouba Would be Gardiner+Dermott+ 2 2017 2nds??? jets fans you like??

If thats what it took from the leafs I would do it and again Im not saying Jets would do it , just stating I as a Leaf fan like it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If thats what it took from the leafs I would do it and again Im not saying Jets would do it , just stating I as a Leaf fan like it

I wouldn't do it

We have 2 top 4 d men we need 4 if we trade Gardiner for Trouba we still only have 2 top 4 d men

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
:laugh:
Is Meyers ready to go for the start of the season?
If he is I expect the Trouba trade threads to reach VII or better before he actually gets moved.

He should be. He has been skating for a while now.

I'm guessing we're going to get close to what Hamonic and Drouin reached.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
I wouldn't do it

We have 2 top 4 d men we need 4 if we trade Gardiner for Trouba we still only have 2 top 4 d men

Yea I understand that, But I think leafs are long way from being ready to compete and we have Loov, Valiev, Nielsen in the pipline and one or two of them I think has a legit chance to become top 4 defenseman so if we can get a Top 4 RHD Dman , who's young , I think it would be worth the cost

By the way Loov , Valiev and Nielsen are all LHD

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yea I understand that, But I think leafs are long way from being ready to compete and we have Loov, Valiev, Nielsen in the pipline and one or two of them I think has a legit chance to become top 4 defenseman so if we can get a Top 4 RHD Dman , who's young , I think it would be worth the cost

By the way Loov , Valiev and Nielsen are all LHD

I don't think this team is as far away from compete ting as most think

The core is in place it just needs to grow and after this year we have 25 million dollars in cap space and that's before the rise in the cap and the cap will rise as long as the players continue to rise the 5% bump and they do that every year.

Point being with the core in place and the money we have coming off the books the team can be a playoff team as early as 2018

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Heard this fairy tale before. :laugh:

Talk to me after he is traded:), the return will be way less than Jets fans are thinking. I will be listening to all the Jets fans mad at Chevy. I was saying several weeks ago that he might want out because he doesn't want to play the left side and I was blasted for that thinking. So here we are, and he does want out, even though many Jets fans were saying, he doesn't want out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad