Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Barring Vancouver, what other Canadian NHL city is a "little cold" in the winter? Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Calgary are deathly cold.

Especially from the perspective of athletes who could spend winters in LA or Florida.

Toronto doesn't belong in that group.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
To WPG Hutton and Subban
To Van Trouba

To WPG Dekeyser and Mantha
To Det Trouba and Copp

To Wpg Sanheim and 1st (Top 5 protected)
To Phi Trouba

To Wpg Skeiji and Graves and 2nd
To NYR Trouba

Why would philly even do this deal?
Sanheim could eventually be a better player then Trouba, and philly loves Sanheim were not about to part with him.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
This can be viewed the same way from other fans . The Jets got an unhappy D with an ass of an agent to deal with and they want a team to give up an equal player already signed to a good contract just because they owe the Jets a favour .

Then LOL at Jets fans saying let him sit . That will only lower his value . Plus more then likely he would end up signing overseas . If I was a player and a team played games with me I would sign overseas and make it known I will not return to the NHL until the Jets lose my rights . I would make it known do not trade for me I will not return until the Jets get nothing or the team that trades for me gets nothing for me . Just because they screwed with me I would make sure it cost them more

Yeah like that's going to happen. Highly doubtful a North American born player does this. As entitled as he believes himself to be, he will NEVER waste away 4 years of his career not playing in the BEST league in the world.

Better chance of that happening if he were European.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Either trade to move Trouba for Brodin + or move Trouba for picks and prospects then acquire Brodin through the same assets.

Dream on. Wild have to ADD for Trouba? Brodin is locked up at 4 M, and can play both sides, willingly and well. Wild won't trade for Trouba. He's not a need.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
This can be viewed the same way from other fans . The Jets got an unhappy D with an ass of an agent to deal with and they want a team to give up an equal player already signed to a good contract just because they owe the Jets a favour .

Then LOL at Jets fans saying let him sit . That will only lower his value . Plus more then likely he would end up signing overseas . If I was a player and a team played games with me I would sign overseas and make it known I will not return to the NHL until the Jets lose my rights . I would make it known do not trade for me I will not return until the Jets get nothing or the team that trades for me gets nothing for me . Just because they screwed with me I would make sure it cost them more

I look at it the opposite way. Relatively speaking, the player has MUCH more to lose than the team. Four (or is it five) years of earnings until age 27. Four years could well represent a third the player's total earning window.

I know it'll never happen but here's the statement I'd like to see released by the Jets:

Our 2012 draftee Jacob Trouba has requested a trade out of Winnipeg. We would like to report that this request will not be granted. It will not be granted this season or in any season to follow. Mr. Trouba will remain Jets property until his 27th birthday. At that time he will be free to sign with the NHL team of his choice. Until that time he will be free to play in Europe or the KHL or in any league, other than the NHL, that he chooses.

However, our last contract offer will remain on the table until 6 PM CST tomorrow. It is a front loaded deal that pays $7 million per year for each of the first four years. If Mr. Trouba wishes to forego the $28 million that he would have earned with the Jets over the next four years then we will respect his decision. However, we reiterate that we will not be entertaining or accepting any trade offers for Mr. Trouba.

Short sighted and petty? Nope, far sighted and stoic. Here's the future dividend:

How many agents will advise their clients to play hardball with the Jets after that?

Bonus dividend:

Overhardt, you told me that the Jets would roll over and capitulate! Damn bad advice you gave me, you #*$&^! Here's an envelope, you've been served!

m.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Trouba for Spurgeon + 2nd?

Neutral fan but I'm sure Minnesota would love to see Suter+Trouba.

If Winnipeg prefers LHD what about Scandella + 1st?

Spurgeon is better than Trouba, beloved by the Wild management, and by Suter. Why would you think we covet Trouba over him ? They are also very happy with Scandella. No need to trade straight up for Trouba. He simply isn't an upgrade. Adding picks is a joke.

Wild will only be trading LH Dmen for FORWARD upgrades. If someone wants to cook up a three way, then go at it. We spent months doing that with the Hamonic situation.

The Trouba contract situation matters, and quite a bit, to the Wild. They are tight against the cap, and no way are they going to give Trouba significantly more than their other top 4.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Haha wtf?? That makes no sense....

Instead of "Coach, I feel that I'm a better player on the right side...please give me 10 games there.."... He asks for a trade??

You seriously think this exact conversation probably hasn't been had.... likely numerous times? It's that WPG has Meyers and Buff on the right also, and decided Trouba would be the one forced to play on his offside and to drag Stuart around. That's like... career suicide for anyone hoping for a UFA payday.

Newforce

Jun 4, 2016
Finland
I don't think the Ducks would entertain trading Lindholm he's the future of their d-core. Fowler is the more reasonable alternative he's a quality D that I could see them parting with to cut salary so they can sign Lindholm and Rakell.

I could see the basics of a 3 way trade being:

To WPG:
Fowler + pick/prospect or quality role player

To Mystery team:
Trouba

To ANA:
High quality young forward with scoring punch on ELC from mystery team.

The mystery team is Boston and David Pastrnak is going to Anaheim. As a Bruins fan I could probably live with this.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
We won't ask for "what are your expendable pieces", we ask you if you can pay what we want.

For the record, from the Yotes, I'm expecting Chychrun+protected 1st. What I would want? Murphy+Chychrun.

You speak as if you're dealing from a position of strength, you're not.

Chevy will say the right things, he'll wait for the right deal. He's part of the organization etc. etc.
Pressure will mount, and mount quickly. God forbid the Jets get off to a slow start.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
To WPG:

To Toronto:
Trouba

To ANA:
JVR+

I think there could be a 3 way deal to be made with these teams, but I don't think Trouba would be the one in this deal without a +.

I was thinking

To wpg: Theodore + Ana 3rd

To Toronto: Trouba

To Ana: JVR

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
To WPG:

To Toronto:
Trouba

To ANA:
JVR+

As a Leaf fan i would be interested. Leafs might have to add a small plus to Anaheim and likely a good piece to Winnipeg.

Wouldn't mind opening up some forward spots for the kids and adding a core defense piece to Rielly, Gardiner and potentially Zatisev.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think there could be a 3 way deal to be made with these teams, but I don't think Trouba would be the one in this deal without a +.

I was thinking

To wpg: Theodore + Ana 3rd

To Toronto: Trouba

To Ana: JVR

With what cap space is Anaheim able to do that?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the return will be less than half what hf board posters think, 9 times out of 10 it always is

no elite young players will be included

no high end young prospects(i am limiting this to current top 20 ranked prospects)

no top 7 draft picks in 2017(so if a team thinks this siw here they will finish, they wont be involved)

no chance salary dosent go back to winnipeg

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I look at it the opposite way. Relatively speaking, the player has MUCH more to lose than the team. Four (or is it five) years of earnings until age 27. Four years could well represent a third the player's total earning window.

I know it'll never happen but here's the statement I'd like to see released by the Jets:

Short sighted and petty? Nope, far sighted and stoic. Here's the future dividend:

How many agents will advise their clients to play hardball with the Jets after that?

Bonus dividend:

m.

It wouldn't be the first time an Overhardt RFA negotiation got a nasty "this is our offer" rebuttal from the team.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
To WPG Hutton and Subban
To Van Trouba

To WPG Dekeyser and Mantha
To Det Trouba and Copp

To Wpg Sanheim and 1st (Top 5 protected)
To Phi Trouba

To Wpg Skeiji and Graves and 2nd
To NYR Trouba

Trouba isnt worth Sanheim + 1st

He would be a good fit in Philly though.

GLG12xx12

Go Leafs Go!!!!
Dec 5, 2010
Boone, IA
Brown and Kapanen would both struggle to make the Jets 3rd line, and have no shot at the top two lines. The last thing the Jets need is wingers.

Wheeler
Ehlers
Laine
Perreault
Connor
Dano
Stafford
Armia
Petan
Etc.

The 7th winger on that list scored 21 goals last season.
Kapanan, brown, and pick would be going to Anaheim

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We won't ask for "what are your expendable pieces", we ask you if you can pay what we want.

For the record, from the Yotes, I'm expecting Chychrun+protected 1st. What I would want? Murphy+Chychrun.

Chychrun plus protected first is close in my opinion. Would Chevy want one roster player back? I would think he would to help the team this year. We don't have an LHD, other than a throw in (pick your border line NHLer) but maybe Reider would help and be a fit with the Jets?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
are teams allowed to talk to RFAs, since they are 'free agents'?

He would seem like a player a GM would want to talk to just to be super-sure that he'd be willing to sign, and for a fair number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad