Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Cmon Chevy... work your magic and get this trade done!!... perfect situation to get some needed pieces!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't think the Ducks would entertain trading Lindholm he's the future of their d-core. Fowler is the more reasonable alternative he's a quality D that I could see them parting with to cut salary so they can sign Lindholm and Rakell.

I could see the basics of a 3 way trade being:

To WPG:
Fowler + pick/prospect or quality role player

To Mystery team:
Trouba

To ANA:
High quality young forward with scoring punch on ELC from mystery team.
Columbus is in a similar position, only we have the advantages of being able to offer either Trouba or Savard and not needing an ELC guy back and the disadvantage of offering an older defenseman to Winnipeg (JJ).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I feel like Boston would be a good destination for him

I do too but we don't have the NHL LHD to send back. Would have to be a 3-way like that deal with ANA. I'd offer Pastrnak to Anaheim as the F piece, but most other B's fans would say no way.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Arizona will acquire him forsure

Nah...That conversation goes something like this...

Chayka..."How much does Trouba want on his renewal..."

Chevy: "7 Million"

Chayka :" Ok Can we pay him in imaginary money and owe him money next year in bonuses like some of the other guys on our team?"

Chevy: "No"

Chayka: *Click*

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
I don't think the Ducks would entertain trading Lindholm he's the future of their d-core. Fowler is the more reasonable alternative he's a quality D that I could see them parting with to cut salary so they can sign Lindholm and Rakell.

To WPG:

To Mystery team:
Trouba

To ANA:

Wasn't this brought up with detroit?

Like tatar+pick+sheahan or svechnikov?

Mad Brills*

Chevy's statement of him being a part of the future makes me wonder if they would match almost any offersheet save a comical one.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If you make $5.5 million you can afford to have your parents live with you. They can move to Canada if one of them doesn't have a DUI.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
You really can't believe anything you read about this situation. Trouba is being told by his agent what to say. And the Jets are being careful about what they say. Players say it's not about the money but it always is. The agent doesn't care where trouba plays if he's getting 8 years commission at top dollar. It's about the money!

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lindholm would also be cheaper than what trouba currently wants and taking on trouba doesn't solve anaheims cap issue

The Ducks are also over ridden with D as well...no? Anaheim is probably the last team interested in Trouba.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
From AZ - Stone+Perlini.

We won't ask for "what are your expendable pieces", we ask you if you can pay what we want.

For the record, from the Yotes, I'm expecting Chychrun+protected 1st. What I would want? Murphy+Chychrun.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Nah...That conversation goes something like this...

Chayka..."How much does Trouba want on his renewal..."

Chevy: "7 Million"

Chayka :" Ok Can we pay him in imaginary money and owe him money next year in bonuses like some of the other guys on our team?"

Chevy: "No"

Chayka: *Click*

Trouba will be close to 5mil when it is all said and done he was asking for the moon because he wanted out.

GLG12xx12

Go Leafs Go!!!!
Dec 5, 2010
Boone, IA

To WPG:

To Mystery team:
Trouba

To ANA:
Mystery team (Leafs)- Connor Brown+Kapanan???? Maybe add a 2nd or 3rd??? Connor Brown almost seems like a surefire bet to be atleast a 2nd/3rd line scoring winger who may be able to crack it on the 1st line if all goes well. Kapanan is a boom or bust type prosprct. Could project to be a prime lupul type guy who's a good complementary 1st/2nd line scoring winger

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Perhaps one of these . . .

To WPG Hutton and Subban
To Van Trouba

To WPG Dekeyser and Mantha
To Det Trouba and Copp

To Wpg Sanheim and 1st (Top 5 protected)
To Phi Trouba

To Wpg Skeiji and Graves and 2nd
To NYR Trouba

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Mystery team (Leafs)- Connor Brown+Kapanan???? Maybe add a 2nd or 3rd??? Connor Brown almost seems like a surefire bet to be atleast a 2nd/3rd line scoring winger who may be able to crack it on the 1st line if all goes well. Kapanan is a boom or bust type prosprct. Could project to be a prime lupul type guy who's a good complementary 1st/2nd line scoring winger

Brown and Kapanen would both struggle to make the Jets 3rd line, and have no shot at the top two lines. The last thing the Jets need is wingers.

Wheeler
Ehlers
Laine
Perreault
Connor
Dano
Stafford
Armia
Petan
Etc.

The 7th winger on that list scored 21 goals last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad