Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
As a leafs fan who has seen nothing but Jets Fans hate on the Leafs, I applaud this.

Jets fans don't hate LEAFS fan. HATE is such a strong word.
We may not like "some" of the Leafs fan opinion, but this is an opinion board. We can agree to disagree all the time it's because we all want the best for our team:)

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotCW5OIFZc

:yo:

Auston Matthews
Patrick Laine
Mitch Marner
Nikolaj Ehlers
Alexander Nylander
Kyle Connor

can't get better than that :popcorn:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Gudbranson, Hansen + Tryamkin is the most I'd offer from the Canucks. Obviously probably not enough but w/e.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As a leafs fan who has seen nothing but Jets Fans hate on the Leafs, I applaud this.

Why hate on Leafs? Their biggest achivment in the last 40 years is getting the first overall pick? I can dig up better reason for the other 28 teams to hate them more :)

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Jets fans don't hate LEAFS fan. HATE is such a strong word.
We may not like "some" of the Leafs fan opinion, but this is an opinion board. We can agree to disagree all the time it's because we all want the best for our team:)

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotCW5OIFZc

:yo:

Auston Matthews
Patrick Laine
Mitch Marner
Nikolaj Ehlers
Alexander Nylander
Kyle Connor

can't get better than that :popcorn:
William

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I thought all was well according to winnipeg fans

We did. This is shocking.

whhhhhhhhhhat, who has the capspace to fit him in? also can Trouba play on the left side?

Trouble doesn't want to play the left side. He was supposed to play LD on the top pairing with Byfuglien & it appears that isn't good enough.

Why not trade Myers for a top 4 LHD?

When Myers was first acquired many thought it was to flip him for assets. With Myers recent surgery his value may be low. The reality is he's needed surgery for for some time now. Being back at 100% may have him revert back to the play that won him the Calder.

As much as I want Trouba on the Oilers, I wouldn't give up RNH for him. Which seems like the most likely basis for a trade.

Jets fans-- what is Trouba's contract situation, and what are your team needs?

so what are the Jets needs?

What are Winnipeg's biggest needs as far as positional players go.

Jets are stacked with forward & goalie prospects. RNH is great, but if Trouba is being traded they want a left shooting version of Trouba in return. Jets have the worst LHD & the worst LHD prospect pool in the NHL.

Isn't he a LHD that wants to play on the right side?

No. He's practiced & played the latter half of last season at LD. He's an RD

What's Trouba's contract situation? Is he signed for next year?

:shakehead

jets fan kept telling me he wants to sign. Yeah look whos right.

In an interview only last week Trouba was quoted as saying he was looking forward to Jets training camp. Odd for this to have happened days later & then have it come out he asked for a trade way back in May.

Why can't Myers play LD? Or Big Buff?

I've asked the same question myself of Buff. he's pretty much a rover. Does it matter where he lines up in the defensive zone?

Trouba won't return Lindholm though. Lindholm is easily the better D.

Agreed. Lindholm is currently a better player & will likely always be so. Jets would have to add, but not as much as many suggest.

Jet's can afford to offer Lindholm $6 million which I doubt the Ducks can do. If Trouba would agree to $5 million it would help to make this deal happen. In the end if the Ducks can find a way to sign Lindholm they're better off, but he is on record saying that he wants fair market value for his services & doesn't want to sign a contract that sets a bad standard for other NHL players.

Not only that it sounds like Trouba is being a prima Donna going public wanting to be traded on his first big contract. Lindholm hasn't done that to Anaheim yet

Lindholm may not have asked for a trade, but he did use the term "skambudd" in reference to the Ducks contract offers. He's not a happy camper either.

The Flyers don't have the cap space to sign Trouba unless a player like Mark Streit was going the other way in a trade.

I wonder what amount of salary Jacob Trouba's agent wants a season.

My Guess is somewhere around 6.5-7mil a season for Trouba.

If thats actually his ask, which I don't think it is, then I don't know why anyone would trade for him. He's not even worth 6M. Rielly just got 5M and he's a better Dman than Trouba.

No GM in the NHL is offering Trouba that kind of cash. He tops out at $5.5. I doubt the Jets have offered more.

I think people in Canada Toronto included need to realize this is less about wanting to play in Winnipeg and more about wanting to play in the States.

This may be bang on. There's at least one poster in Winnipeg that claims to have inside info that he has asked for a trade to be with his parents. Although some mods had heard the same report, no one has provided a source, so it's just a rumour...this guy is rather insistent though...

Assuming there's any truth to this the Wings are already over the cap & have no one of interest other than Danny DeKeyser ($5 million) or a prospect in Xavier Ouellet & moving either leaves them with worse LD depth than the Jets.

Perhaps nearby Toronto (not in the US) or Chicago?

I don't get why he can't play on the right side in Winnipeg. They have Myers, Byfuglien and who else on right?

Postma, who's ridden the pine for two years after being an AHL all star. It's a travesty he's been a healthy scratch as much as he has. An ideal 3rd pairing defender who can play PP.

What would Winnipeg have to add for a Lindholm/Trouba swap?

They need to get Trouba to sign for $4.5 million. Ducks bite in a heartbeat.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Reading Kurt Os statment, since May.

Thanks.
I was just wondering because there has been a fair amount of defensemen moved in the last few months. A few of which would have been reasonable replacements.
Makes me think they still feel they can get him signed or they probably would have made the move when market was wider.
Jets will still get good value with likely a really small penalty because the acquiring team inherits the hassle of negotiating a contract.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
They need to get Trouba to sign for $4.5 million. Ducks bite in a heartbeat.

No they don't. Anaheim has the cap space to sign Lindholm for more than that. They would have to make a trade to work in Rakell, but that's not out of the question. There's nothing that has said that the Ducks are looking for someone to throw them a lifeline with their situation. This is just wishful thinking at this point in time.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It's a shame Trouba is so used to these tropic winters, what with being from Michigan an all

The original discussion I was having was not related to Trouba, but players in general.

As for Trouba, being from a place doesn't mean you like cold winters. I'm from Toronto and I'd love to spend my winters in warmer climates.

Plus, in his case, it appears the desire is more to stay close to his family or play in the US rather than weather.

Only he knows what the reason is. Could be a mix of everything.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Lindolm for trouba makes some sense if Money evens out

I don't think the Ducks would entertain trading Lindholm he's the future of their d-core. Fowler is the more reasonable alternative he's a quality D that I could see them parting with to cut salary so they can sign Lindholm and Rakell.

I could see the basics of a 3 way trade being:

To WPG:
Fowler + pick/prospect or quality role player

To Mystery team:
Trouba

To ANA:
High quality young forward with scoring punch on ELC from mystery team.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
What does this have to do with losing an asset for nothing ? Thats like Oiler fans saying Hall trade was in our favour because of . RNH , McDavid , Draisaitl , Lucic , Eberle , Puljujarvi and Yak . It has nothing to do with the players you have . No teams wants to lose a good player for nothing

As for a 22 year old with a sense entitlement . I would not play a position I wasn't drafted for . If you are a doctor and signed a contract at a big hospital in the USA and went there and they passed you a mop and told you you be the janitor as we are deep with doctor right now you would tell them where to go even if you are being paid the same

This isn't an appropriate analogy.

A more apt analogy would him being a doctor of one type and being asked to be a doctor of another type.

That said, he is acting entitled. Coach and GM however, if they value him, should have moved Myers when they got him for a different, more needed (LHD) asset.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Boy are they ever ham boned now...

Short time frame to trade a player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad