Sportsnet: Trouba requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Im dissepointed, it is a lame excuse, he should tell the real one, he can´t get the "No Stuart agreement on the contract" =D

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I like Nurse, he and Buff could be dynamic. But trading with the Oilers is unlikely, we are giving up the better player to a team we may be battling with for a playoff spot. I also don't think Nurse is going to be a top unit PKer, which is the role we need to replace Trouba in.

I was touting Ryan Murray but that seems unlikely.

I wonder if the Canes would dance with us.

They need to make the playoffs this year, for the sake of their franchise.

I would take Haydn Fleury, he is big and physical, team Canada, probably a development year away from being a top PKer.

Leaves us with Enstrom-Buff, Morrissey-Myers, Stuart/Chiarot-Postma. We probably still need another PKer, which we can obtain through trading a surplus forward. Or waivers, TC cuts (hello Adam Pardy).

Such a trade would come closer to balancing payrolls of 2 of the smallest markets in the NHL.

IMO Nurse is closer to filling that role than Fleury is and I could see Philly being interested and while I doubt they'd make Provorov available I'd guess Sanheim would be available if Trouba is on the table and I'd consider him to be better than Fleury.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bah. As a former Yukoner, you southern Canadians need to realize what an actual cold winter is like. :p

A few thoughts as a die-hard Jets fan

3. I wonder how much this reduces Trouba's trade value. I suspect there's an element of "I don't want to deal with one of Overhardt's clients" at work. But I really don't know.

4. The odds of a big trade being made now seem small. Trouba's cap hit will not be insignificant when he signs. Most teams have their cap situation pretty well planned at this point. A big trade like for Trouba would have more likely happened in July.

5. Reading through this entire thread makes me chuckle. So many proposals of "highly touted player we can't wait to get rid of" + whatever future considerations. But fans will be fans. I mean no criticism of the many ridiculous proposals.

7. My guess (and I have no crystal ball) is Trouba signs mid November to a bridge deal. He really has little leverage in this situation. But we'll see what happens.

3. I posted just weeks ago in a Trouba discussion that imo Snow cooled on trading for Trouba, shortly after the Winnipeg press wrote about his contract demands and his agent's history of messy contract disputes.

4. Would not be a shocker if Chevy tried Snow's move....telling the player he needed to wait until the off season, when more teams have room to pull off a major deal. Not sure how happy Trouba and his rep will be considering they made the trade demand last May.

5. I expect Winnipeg will get a very strong return m

7.If this really is about which side he plays on,I do not see him signing any extension unless Myers is moved.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So how would you describe Canadian Winters?

Keeping in mind Canada is a large area stretching from the frozen Arctic to the southernmost region than is more south than the Northern tip of California.

This is how I would describe Winnipeg's winter: Absolute hell on earth, don't lock yourself outside because for a few weeks every year you could actually die

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I would offer a heck of a lot from Toronto.

Rielly-Trouba
Gardiner-Zaitsev

Could be a great top 4.

Komarov + TOR 1st (top 3 protected)

Komarov would be a great fit with WPG (him, Laine and Scheifle would be a heck of a line), and that 1st is likely to be top 10.

Leafs would find a nice partner for Rielly, and leave little chance of getting stuck in an Oilers type situation with no quality D, but elite forwards.

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
That's terrible value tbh.

Not an Oilers fan but that seems pretty decent. Nurse is a good prospect, that 1st could be anywhere, maybe even a top 5 pick again and Reinhart has a bit of value. He's not worth what the Oilers paid for him but he's OK.

Basically it's a 7OA pick + top 10 1st round pick + Reinhart.

I understand the apprehension around Nurse, though. Kid has not looked good at all in the NHL. Has big potential, as he can skate and is a tough SOAB...but doesn't seem very smart TBH.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Love the jets, but still remember to this day a fair amount of their fans being adamant that they would absolutely not trade him for Galchenyuk in a 1 for 1. I sure bet they would now.

Will be very interesting to see what the Jets get as a return.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Not an Oilers fan but that seems pretty decent. Nurse is a good prospect, that 1st could be anywhere, maybe even a top 5 pick again and Reinhart has a bit of value. He's not worth what the Oilers paid for him but he's OK.

Basically it's a 7OA pick + top 10 1st round pick + Reinhart.

I understand the apprehension around Nurse, though. Kid has not looked good at all in the NHL. Has big potential, as he can skate and is a tough SOAB...but doesn't seem very smart TBH.

I guess what that 2017 pick is and what Nurse becomes is where our opinions differ. I think they'll make it easily to the playoffs this year, if playing with a healthy team. I also think Nurse becomes at best another Polak-level player (I.e at best a #4 guy)

So IMO it's a 15th pick + potential #4D + (I don't even value Reinhart at all).
I know at least from Toronto's side we would offer up a lot more to get Trouba.

But good proposal addressing Winnipeg's needs though (LHD)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I would offer a heck of a lot from Toronto.

Rielly-Trouba
Gardiner-Zaitsev

Could be a great top 4.

Komarov + TOR 1st (top 3 protected)

Komarov would be a great fit with WPG (him, Laine and Scheifle would be a heck of a line), and that 1st is likely to be top 10.

Leafs would find a nice partner for Rielly, and leave little chance of getting stuck in an Oilers type situation with no quality D, but elite forwards.

I rather let Trouba sit then take that deal...

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
I guess what that 2017 pick is and what Nurse becomes is where our opinions differ. I think they'll make it easily to the playoffs this year, if playing with a healthy team. I also think Nurse becomes at best another Polak-level player (I.e at best a #4 guy)

So IMO it's a 15th pick + potential #4D + (I don't even value Reinhart at all).
I know at least from Toronto's side we would offer up a lot more to get Trouba.

But good proposal addressing Winnipeg's needs though (LHD)

I think you are probably wrong re: the Oilers easily making the playoffs. Not just personal opinion, but looking at the bookies, they are certainly willing to take them on. Anaheim, LA and SJ are all 'easily' better right now. Calgary could be better. Wildcard is extremely difficult to get through with the Central division teams. Edm currently sit on the second highest line to win the cup next year, can get 51:1. To make the playoff odds also reflect that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them with a top 10 OA pick, they will definitely be better then this year, though.

I don't think Nurse's ceiling is a #4D and I don't rate the kid at all. With his skating he could be anything, unlikely sure, but has the capacity to put it all together.

What would you offer from the Leafs?

Last edited:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Team Canada could've taken Roman Polak and the would still win the tournament and every game. Rielly's insanely good offensively (not shown in his #'s because of team role) which him looks great on ice. Plus, team NA always had possession of the puck so he didn't have to work on the puck retrieval side.

Trouba is just as good as Rielly right now. If Trouba was put on the top pairing, I'd bet he would look amazing too.

Btw, I think Parayko was the best in that D-group.

Eckblad was their best d-man.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
It's just bizarre to see such a young player go from being completely fawned over a year ago, to being almost universally dismissed today.

I have no real idea of how Trouba ends up playing in a couple of years, but the topic is sure interesting. A year ago, Trouba was considered as Lindholm from the Ducks is today ... and now is compared to Luke Schenn. That's impressive.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Love the jets, but still remember to this day a fair amount of their fans being adamant that they would absolutely not trade him for Galchenyuk in a 1 for 1. I sure bet they would now.

Will be very interesting to see what the Jets get as a return.

Still wouldn't, as he doesn't fill a positional need.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I think Trouba will not get traded nor signed (in NHL) until he is an UFA.

He would earn millions in Europe though, but I think he rather sits out.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
So how would you describe Canadian Winters?

Keeping in mind Canada is a large area stretching from the frozen Arctic to the southernmost region than is more south than the Northern tip of California.

Barring Vancouver, what other Canadian NHL city is a "little cold" in the winter? Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Calgary are deathly cold.

Especially from the perspective of athletes who could spend winters in LA or Florida.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
It's just bizarre to see such a young player go from being completely fawned over a year ago, to being almost universally dismissed today.

I have no real idea of how Trouba ends up playing in a couple of years, but the topic is sure interesting. A year ago, Trouba was considered as Lindholm from the Ducks is today ... and now is compared to Luke Schenn. That's impressive.
Trouba isn't Lindholm but he isn't Schenn either. I think he's a #3 who could be rated more highly than Gardiner.

What really holds him back is his lack of creativity up front. In the faster NHL of today, predictability is going to get you caught. I also think we're moving from D who have big slappers to those who can generate higher probability shots where the puck is kept low and precise.

Mind you, I'd love to see Trouba here. I. however, don't we have the pieces to make it happen, though.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Barring Vancouver, what other Canadian NHL city is a "little cold" in the winter? Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Calgary are deathly cold.

Especially from the perspective of athletes who could spend winters in LA or Florida.

It's a shame Trouba is so used to these tropic winters, what with being from Michigan an all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad