Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Lot of fans of a franchise that employed Scott Stevens suddenly worried about headshots.

90% of Trouba's so-called "head shots" are legal hits that casuals who never played can't tell apart from headhunting. You don't know what you're looking at, sorry.
Dude, he played 20 years ago. Do you not think people should grow and learn based on new understandings? Especially after numerous facts aboutconcussions, knowldge about cte, and visual impacts hits to the head have caused?

Many know his hits are illegal. That's a problem people have with the nhlpa & department of player safety. But maybe Trouba can at least acknowledge he is absolutely trying to injure players. Marchand can admit guys do it. But he takes opportunities so often it's been clear in more than double digit cases the last 2-3 seasons of head hits.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Oh wow. This guy said something silly I disagree with. Let me post it and get everyone to laugh at him!

Proceeds to validate the silly thing that was initially disagreed with...

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I could name a lot of different types of people who make various types of "piss poor split second decisions" with no malice the rest of the time and they are still considered pretty terrible.

While I understand how fun it is to learn new phrases, that one in particular is more so aimed at talking about things like getting cut off in traffic. Was it on purpose or did the person just zone out for a second like everyone does? Not really meant for repeatedly trying to elbow peers in the hehead.
Condescension aside, Trouba has 750 games and roughly 1000 hits in his career. If he was actively and maliciously trying to end careers, I'm pretty sure he would have been successful at some point.

And while YOU may have only been cut off once, odds are that driver is cutting multiple people off whenever they're out on the road. Are they doing it intentionally? Or do they just have bad road sense and timing?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Ah, the classic whatabouttism. I've said multiple times on our board and literally said today that Scott Stevens got away with the garbage he did because of the era he played in. If Trouba played in the 90's and 2000's, he'd get away with it too. Grow up and realize the NHL is a completely different game now than it was back then.

It's still a fast game, played on ice, by giant men, that involves hitting. For a supposed "head hunter" it is amazing that Trouba doesn't have a very long list of actual concussions caused.

It has gotten to the point where every time a big hit happens in the NHL, people cry. Not every big hit is "dirty" or head hunting.

But where are all these concussions Trouba is causing? Surely they are documented. Or is it just people who get real uncomfortable at any physical contact because we live at a time when people have never been more sensitive?

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
This has prolly been posted already.

Attachments

• money-crying.gif
    money-crying.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's still a fast game, played on ice, by giant men, that involves hitting. For a supposed "head hunter" it is amazing that Trouba doesn't have a very long list of actual concussions caused.

It has gotten to the point where every time a big hit happens in the NHL, people cry. Not every big hit is "dirty" or head hunting.

But where are all these concussions Trouba is causing? Surely they are documented. Or is it just people who get real uncomfortable at any physical contact because we live at a time when people have never been more sensitive?

One concussion is too many caused by an illegal hit, why does it have to be multiple? He concussed Sid out of the 2022 playoffs and that's a guy who already had concussion issues that cut his amazing prime short. If you want to defend Trouba to this extent because he's on your team and your fandom, go ahead. But don't be mad when people call him out of his hypocritical bullshit. And ok, not sure what I said for the last part but go ahead and ramble about things that aren't even mentioned.

Reactions: Voight and Dialamo

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Dude, he played 20 years ago. Do you not think people should grow and learn based on new understandings? Especially after numerous facts aboutconcussions, knowldge about cte, and visual impacts hits to the head have caused?

Many know his hits are illegal. That's a problem people have with the nhlpa & department of player safety. But maybe Trouba can at least acknowledge he is absolutely trying to injure players. Marchand can admit guys do it. But he takes opportunities so often it's been clear in more than double digit cases the last 2-3 seasons of head hits.

If he's trying to injure people, where are the injuries?

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Can't deny dude hits some solid points with everything he said there.

Not sure how he won that leadership award either.

Good on Trouba for creating that arts program and donating his time/money/etc, but like Pasha said, guy goes out there and has given many players concussions/cheap shots.

Pretty hilarious to see Trouba's take on it. Can't take the heat, maybe stop injuring guys with cheap shots bud. The way you play is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
One concussion is too many caused by an illegal hit, why does it have to be multiple? He concussed Sid out of the 2022 playoffs and that's a guy who already had concussion issues that cut his amazing prime short. If you want to defend Trouba to this extent because he's on your team and your fandom, go ahead. But don't be mad when people call him out of his hypocritical bullshit. And ok, not sure what I said for the last part but go ahead and ramble about things that aren't even mentioned.
So our ONE single example of this intentionally headshotting, career ending menace, is the most incidental elbow to the head anyone has ever seen on a player who already has concussion issues and ended up missing....2 games? For someone trying to end careers, he's not doing a very good job.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So nobody can say anything about any hockey player unless its positive according to Trouba? Hockey discussion can and does exist. Its not like the podcast said "Hey harass Jacob Trouba directly and post this at him all the time" If anything Trouba should be mad at this Twitter culture about narcing things out repeatedly by people looking to stir shit up.

There’s a major difference between “never criticize anyone ever” and “remember that it’s an actual person you’re talking about”

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
So our ONE single example of this intentionally headshotting, career ending menace, is the most incidental elbow to the head anyone has ever seen on a player who already has concussion issues and ended up missing....2 games? For someone trying to end careers, he's not doing a very good job.

I mean if mental health is so important to him, he wouldn't do at any point right? He became this player post Winnipeg, he rarely did that there if ever. Maybe it's the 8M tag and him trying to prove his worth, I don't know what changed his game to make him try to lay people out game in and game out.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Criticism comes with the job Jacob. You're Captain of the biggest market American NHL team and well compensated for it.

I don't find anything that guy said to be offside,

1) is Trouba a dirty player? Yes
2) did he suck in the playoffs? Yes
3) is it ironic his wife has chosen a career in neuroscience? Yes it is

Now if he is struggling with his mental health then I hope he can get some help with it. I'm not a fan of his but that doesn't at all mean I wish that on him. Posting on social media about it probably isn't the way to go about making it better tho, that's just predictably going to go poorly.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's not surprising that people are missing the point. He isn't even talking about himself.

Clearly he is not phased by someone mentioning his personal life, but not everyone will be. How hard is that to understand?

People deal with their own demons. You want to talk on the ice, in the room, or how they prepare? Fine, but you cross a line bringing in loved ones that have nothing to do with the player.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I mean if mental health is so important to him, he wouldn't do at any point right? He became this player post Winnipeg, he rarely did that there if ever. Maybe it's the 8M tag and him trying to prove his worth, I don't know what changed his game to make him try to lay people out game in and game out.
Unless he has piss poor split second decision making, which was my original point. He's fully committing to a hit and he realizes he is going to miss and decides he needs to get some type of contact on the player or else he's in trouble, up comes the elbow. Simple as that.

Or, he waits in his own zone for unsuspecting players to cross the blue line and then he lunges at them elbow first in an attempt to decapitate them.

If the second was the more realistic scenario, there would be a much larger trail of carnage.

Edit: It doesn't make it right. You need to be in control of your limbs just like your stick. Trouba deserves some suspensions for direct head contact, and I have said on record that Trouba is a detriment to his team (my favourite team), so I'm not even a fan of the guy. I just get hung up on the 'intentional' part of what he's doing.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
It's not surprising that people are missing the point. He isn't even talking about himself.

Clearly he is not phased by someone mentioning his personal life, but not everyone will be. How hard is that to understand?

People deal with their own demons. You want to talk on the ice, in the room, or how they prepare? Fine, but you cross a line bringing in loved ones that have nothing to do with the player.
Does it not have something to do with the player though? He's out there giving people conkers all while being a lot closer to someone who knows the impacts they have on people?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Unless he has piss poor split second decision making, which was my original point. He's fully committing to a hit and he realizes he is going to miss and decides he needs to get some type of contact on the player or else he's in trouble, up comes the elbow. Simple as that.

Or, he waits in his own zone for unsuspecting players to cross the blue line and then he lunges at them elbow first in an attempt to decapitate them.

If the second was the more realistic scenario, there would be a much larger trail of carnage.

Well I get that point and you're right, a lot of guys in the league do the chicken wing shit when they're beat and flat footed, it's just too common for Trouba at this point to look the other way. He tries to get the head most times while most guys are trying to get chest. He can easily change his ways next year and "gain" people's respect in that sense. Will he do it? Probably not because he's so baked into making these type of hits to prove his worth to NYR. I'm sure you guys rather he makes elite outlet passes + provide some scoring once in a while than being in the headlines because of this because it's f***ing tiring to argue for your fanbase I assume lol

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
Yeah but he's not pointing to that connection, essentially alleging criticism of athletes is driving them to suicide
Has "sticks and stones " or other basic life lessons been cancelled against predatory goons as well🤔

Play hard, but shut your yap. Can't at both sides IMO.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Edit: It doesn't make it right. You need to be in control of your limbs just like your stick. Trouba deserves some suspensions for direct head contact, and I have said on record that Trouba is a detriment to his team (my favourite team), so I'm not even a fan of the guy. I just get hung up on the 'intentional' part of what he's doing.
He has a long history of dangerous headshots (and headshot attempts), This doesn't happen to 99% of the other dmen in the league. If he doesn't have the processing ability to avoid this pattern, I guess it means he can't change his behavior, since it's so out of his control. In which case, he shouldn't be allowed to play in this league, as he could very easily end someone's career.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pretty sad that anybody would take Pasha's side here, he is a shit-talking dweeb who publicly disparages athletes and would never in a million years say the same things face to face. Unlike Biz and Whit who know how to walk the line, this guy outright disrespects people.

Then again, I guess he personifies the average HF poster, so I'm not surprised that some of these losers (go ahead call me a hypocrite) are using it to take shots at Trouba. OP's title is disgraceful, I would actually be embarrassed if I typed that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad