Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If NYR are involved, and Winnipeg insists on a 1 for one deal:

Trouba to NYR

Kreider to Winnipeg.

With the NYR forward depth, that makes sense to me.

Although I would wait for Shatty...

No thx, no need for forwards

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I assume one of the "apples" you speak of is Lindholm? Why would Anaheim downgrade? Why not just pay Lindholm? Hell...this is a bargaining chip for them, "hey Lindholm, sign this contract or off to the Peg you go....".

Well, you tell me? Maybe ANA wants to upgrade at other positions and could use one of their D to accomplish that? Why isn't Lindholm signed? Are they not willing to pay him? Does he want too much? Does he seek change of scenery? Do the Jets even have any interest in him? Who can actually say?

No one knows squat about anything here, including you or me. I'm postulating on what Cheveldayoff said, they're looking for a similarly aged and skilled LHD. Anaheim has one or more that could be available. End of story.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Trouba to NYR

Kreider to Winnipeg.

I don't mind Kreider, but a LWer is the very last thing Jets need

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Trouba to NYR

Kreider to Winnipeg.

And let's just ignore Winnipeg's forward depth. It's McDonagh or bust.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Trouba to NYR

Kreider to Winnipeg.

No wingers...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ok, here is a crazy three way that may be workable, though I think each fan base would have some detractors:

:canes Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Trouba, Nurse, Connor

:edmonton Faulk

:jets Hanifin, 2017 1st Round pick (top 5 protected, slips to 2018 unprotected)

Alright, hammer away...

Crazy is right but I like it as a Jets fan.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
It's been mentioned many times and even though it will never be agreed to on here, there is definitely something that could be worked out around a 3-way trade with Fowler(WPG)-JVR(ANA)-Trouba(TOR) being the main pieces. Small adds would be required here and there to even it out, but overall it fills the needs of all three teams. Most would agree Trouba>Fowler, but that's where the adds come into play. They're not going to get a d-man in return that equals Trouba with the situation they're in. Yes, they can just play hardball and have him sit, but of course it'd be better just to get it all resolved quickly. Fowler+2nd or something like that is far from a horrible return for Trouba.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Trouba to the Rangers

Wondering what it would take to get Trouba in New York , with Skei and Graves on the rise as left defenseman is Macdonough too much to give up ?

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
Ok, here is a crazy three way that may be workable, though I think each fan base would have some detractors:

:jets Hanifin, 2017 1st Round pick (top 5 protected, slips to 2018 unprotected)

Alright, hammer away...

too rich for the oilers, maybe just RNH or just Nurse and 1st

RNH, Nurse, and a 1st for Faulk is too much IMO

also Carolina clearly wins, they downgrade slightly from Faulk to Trouba, gain two A prospects and a low end 1C/high 2C

LittleViking

Sep 17, 2014
Montreal
Edmonton Oilers: something around one of their LHD (Klefbom / Sekera / Nurse)

Sekera - Larsson
Nurse (or Klefbom) - Trouba

would be a pretty decent top 4

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Wondering what it would take to get Trouba in New York , with Skei and Graves on the rise as left defenseman is Macdonough too much to give up ?

Id suggest you use the all encompassing thread before this gets bashed. Its there so that Trouba threads dont flood the front page.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
too rich for the oilers, maybe just RNH or just Nurse and 1st

RNH, Nurse, and a 1st for Faulk is too much IMO

The first was the Canes first, not the Oilers...you keep that. If Faulk is going to the Oilers, I think RNH plus Nurse is fair. If we are talking just one piece, then neither RNH or Nurse + 1st gets it done...we'd be asking for Draisaitl. But I know you guys don't want to move him at all, so Faulk for RNH + Nurse is the ask.

I've edited the proposal for clarity to indicate it is the Canes' first that is going to the Jets.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
It's been mentioned many times and even though it will never be agreed to on here, there is definitely something that could be worked out around a 3-way trade with Fowler(WPG)-JVR(ANA)-Trouba(TOR) being the main pieces. Small adds would be required here and there to even it out, but overall it fills the needs of all three teams. Most would agree Trouba>Fowler, but that's where the adds come into play. They're not going to get a d-man in return that equals Trouba with the situation they're in. Yes, they can just play hardball and have him sit, but of course it'd be better just to get it all resolved quickly. Fowler+2nd or something like that is far from a horrible return for Trouba.

Completely agree. It makes so much sense in my opinion.

WPG needs to move Trouba and wants a LD in return. Check.
TOR has too many forwards and needs a high end RD. Check.
Anaheim needs a high end LW and has D to spare. Check.

Only thing that would need to happen to even it out is TO adding something heading in Winnipeg's direction.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Is that a gamble you really want to take after finishing 30th overall last season, going into the season with 5-10 rookies in the line-up just a few short seasons after missing out on Seguin because they did the exact same thing. The price is Gardiner++, let's hold onto our lotto ticket.

Judging by Bob Mckenzie pre-season draft ranking, this is the year to trade a 1st. He said Nolan Patrick is the defacto number 1 overall and many believe he will only be a #2c in the NHL

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Edmonton Oilers: something around one of their LHD (Klefbom / Sekera / Nurse)

Sekera - Larsson
Nurse (or Klefbom) - Trouba

would be a pretty decent top 4

The Oilers (and all the other teams) are under no obligation to pay the Jets asking price.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

:jets Hanifin, Canes' 2017 1st Round pick (top 5 protected, slips to 2018 unprotected)

Alright, hammer away...

believe it or not I hate that trade from Canes point of view. Losing both Faulk and Hanifin would hurt them extremely bad on the back end. Those 2 are complete studs. If Canes did make a big trade ever, id rather see them just trade only 1 of them. Trading both would suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad