OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yes they are and they know it!!! And by far the friendliest birds I've ever encountered.

My room as a kid had a window next to a chimney where chickadees nested in the ivy. I had one that used to sit on the outside windowsill and call to me until I opened the window and gave him a treat. Very friendly birds.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Yes they are and they know it!!! And by far the friendliest birds I've ever encountered.
I put out the seed mix first which has sunflower seeds in it. If I'm lucky one will land on the container to get a seed before I scatter it on the railing. Then I 'frost' it with more sunflower seeds before filling the feeder. Whole and cracked corn gets tossed on the ground for whomever wants it.

At night I put out more for the flying squirrels.

Love the little buggers.....

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
56 years ago a switch malfunctioned at a hydro plant at Niagara Falls, Ontario and a technician pushed a button to keep power flowing into Toronto.

However, by doing so most of the US Northeast lost power during the evening rush hour.
1f631.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
56 years ago a switch malfunctioned at a hydro plant at Niagara Falls, Ontario and a technician pushed a button to keep power flowing into Toronto.

However, by doing so most of the US Northeast lost power during the evening rush hour.
1f631.png

I wonder how many babies were born after this happened :dunno: :naughty:

Reactions: Dr Hook

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Yeah I'm not expecting tonight and tomorrow to be fun. I have a clear calendar and am working from home tomorrow. Going to prep dinner for tomorrow night when I get home tonight in case I don't have any energy. Manicotti and meatballs....carbs and comfort food.

Although the Moderna booster is a half dose, so I'm interested to see if that makes the reaction less...or if it will be more.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah I'm not expecting tonight and tomorrow to be fun. I have a clear calendar and am working from home tomorrow. Going to prep dinner for tomorrow night when I get home tonight in case I don't have any energy. Manicotti and meatballs....carbs and comfort food.

Although the Moderna booster is a half dose, so I'm interested to see if that makes the reaction less...or if it will be more.

@Kate08

In my case it was the same as the second shot - just felt yucky and tired but 48 hours later I was 'normal' o_O

Reactions: Kate08

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I wonder how many babies were born after this happened :dunno: :naughty:

The bottom line was they wound up losing Toronto as well, Quebec saw the problem coming and Montreal stayed on.

upload_2021-11-9_15-52-2.png

upload_2021-11-9_15-53-23.png

The most listened-to radio station in the Northeast was WABC New York and their great DJ Dan Ingram was befuddled by what was happening.

Northeast blackout of 1965 - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Said it before and say it again. Never liked Thanksgiving. Just bad memories of bleh food and field trips to Plymouth rock.

Thanksgiving is the best. Good memories from my childhood of great food, 5 day weekends where I just played videogames and watched James bond movies. And it's always around my birthday so we'd go to the mall with all my giftcards for black friday shopping.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I hate turkey and I have bad memories of people we have visited. Im more of a christmas person. Great memories. Great food.

However one good thing about working at Costco is we get free turkeys every year.

this year will also be the first thanksgiving with my family.

looking forward to taking a family photo.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Thanksgiving is the best. Good memories from my childhood of great food, 5 day weekends where I just played videogames and watched James bond movies. And it's always around my birthday so we'd go to the mall with all my giftcards for black friday shopping.

Now you're talking crazy. Thanksgiving is the best holiday for me. Favorite dinner, football, and extra long weekend? Sign me up any time...

630am work next day. Idc really doubt black friday is happening at my store

holidays are better when ur a kid with days off and all

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Holidays are the best when a chair’s not empty.
This is so true. You had a very rough year. The first year is the hardest. I hope things are a little better now. Sending a hug. :heart:

It is never the same. My Mom was the heart of our small family. She left this earth in 2008 and I still miss her every day. Dad left in 2003. I couldn't even look at photos for a couple of years. Now I can talk about the nice times we had but it will never be the same.

@GahdenRinkRat cooks for Thanksgiving. I do some baking. My daughter always (except last year) comes home and my sis from the Berkshires comes . Some of us go to the Bs game Friday.

This is the first year I don't have to work the day before. I like being retired.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This is so true. You had a very rough year. The first year is the hardest. I hope things are a little better now. Sending a hug. :heart:

It is never the same. My Mom was the heart of our small family. She left this earth in 2012 and I still miss her every day. Dad left in 2003. I couldn't even look at photos for a couple of years. Now I can talk about the nice times we had but it will never be the same.

@GahdenRinkRat cooks for Thanksgiving. I do some baking. My daughter always (except last year) comes home and my sis from the Berkshires comes . Some of us go to the Bs game Friday.

This is the first year I don't have to work the day before. I like being retired.

thanks Susan
Yep been a shitty year. Losing mom. Nancy having cancer. She’s having more surgery Thursday. Breast lymph nodes. Fingers crossed that nothing has spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad