OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I stayed up all night to watch this. Tianamen Square too.

I've talked to people in mainland Asia that stand by the idea that Tianamen Square is a fabrication of the west to defame and subjugate the Sino population.
In english: It never happened.

Never ceases to amaze me when someone says this. It's like Holocaust deniers. I'm just speechless.
Brainwashing but government through news media works, sadly.

Gives me food for thought.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've talked to people in mainland Asia that stand by the idea that Tianamen Square is a fabrication of the west to defame and subjugate the Sino population.

Never ceases to amaze me when someone says this. It's like Holocaust deniers. I'm just speechless.

Yes and also "the will not to believe". That's something I read in a novel about WWII, one of the characters was trying to explain what the Germans were doing to the Jews but the people he was working with just wouldn't have it. It's a real thing because many people don't want to believe that other people are even capable of doing things like the Holocaust or Tianamen Square. They're just too awful for the mind to grasp and if people do allow themselves to grasp it then they are faced with the problem of what to do about it. And that can lead people into places they really don't want to go, so they either refuse to think about it or just deny it is happening or has happened.

I'd give a lot to know what your friends say to one another about it in private though. It's one thing to discuss "family dirty laundry" amongst the family, but quite another when an outsider does it.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Some also say the school shooting of all of those kids never happened in CT.

The things people believe when the proof is right there amazes me (in a very bad way).

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Now you're talking crazy. Thanksgiving is the best holiday for me. Favorite dinner, football, and extra long weekend? Sign me up any time...

I enjoy Thanksgiving, it's basically Christmas without the shopping hassles. Food, drink, family, friends, although this Thanksgiving day I will be taking a bus to Manhattan, as I will be attending BU vs. Cornell at MSG on Nov. 27. I like to go down on Thursday so I can settle in and then go somewhere to watch the Bruins, who always play on Black Friday.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I enjoy Thanksgiving, it's basically Christmas without the shopping hassles. Food, drink, family, friends, although this Thanksgiving day I will be taking a bus to Manhattan, as I will be attending BU vs. Cornell at MSG on Nov. 27. I like to go down on Thursday so I can settle in and then go somewhere to watch the Bruins, who always play on Black Friday.

That's very cool! I'm sure you'll have a blast...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Blake Shelton’s return to his country music roots is excellent. He’s managed to blend country and rock together seamlessly.

CMA’s have been very good thus far.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
surprisingly no, not this time ;)

I honestly have no idea how it happened. Weird. Removed all my card info off PayPal but I’d like to know how they did it

Some general tips for all of us:

Fake Email from Paypal stating there is either a Password problem or Expensive Purchase Completed and wants you to log in to change PW, review purchase.
This is phishing and the emails and Paypal site is fake. ALWAYS look at the email address stuff like this comes from. My parents get at least 1 to 2 scams in their email a day.

Keylogger, check your machine for viruses.

PW hack on another site. If you have another web site that uses the same email and password as your Paypal account and IT gets hacked, they will try to log into you with Paypal just on the off-chance it works. Change your Paypal PW. Try to keep any accounts that have links to financial/personal info with their own unique passwords.

Offshore purchases. Buying from websites that are offshore(non-US) can ask you to log in to Paypal to purchase the item from their site. They steal your info when you do that and either you don't get the item or you may still get what you purchased. Questionable sites of ANY sort are suspect of this. No RMT for games, no cheap software keys, no super cheap deals on stuff you can find on Amazon.

If its too good to be true, 99.9% of the time it is.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Fake Email from Paypal stating there is either a Password problem or Expensive Purchase Completed and wants you to log in to change PW, review purchase.
This is phishing and the emails and Paypal site is fake. ALWAYS look at the email address stuff like this comes from. My parents get at least 1 to 2 scams in their email a day.

PW hack on another site. If you have another web site that uses the same email and password as your Paypal account and IT gets hacked, they will try to log into you with Paypal just on the off-chance it works. Change your Paypal PW. Try to keep any accounts that have links to financial/personal info with their own unique passwords.

Offshore purchases. Buying from websites that are offshore(non-US) can ask you to log in to Paypal to purchase the item from their site. They steal your info when you do that and either you don't get the item or you may still get what you purchased. Questionable sites of ANY sort are suspect of this. No RMT for games, no cheap software keys, no super cheap deals on stuff you can find on Amazon.

very useful thank you. May have happened with a possible foreign seller over eBay now that I think of it- for whatever reason it made me pay with PayPal on one transaction and didn’t give me my usual option of just paying with the card

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
very useful thank you. May have happened with a possible foreign seller over eBay now that I think of it- for whatever reason it made me pay with PayPal on one transaction and didn’t give me my usual option of just paying with the card

Make sure the Paypal is through eBay. Not some site the seller sends you. THAT is a scam.

Any purchases through eBay are secured and covered by eBay. Once you go outside of them, you're in no man's land.

EBay will give you pay options. However the seller can specify what ones to limit. So if they preferred Paypal, that will show up alone.

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Oh, the humanity! Hopefully, she missed watching the Wolverines blow the game, which was the real scandal in Michigan.

Michigan AG Apologizes for Getting Drunk on Bloody Marys at Football Tailgate Party: ‘Not a Brilliant Idea’

255445192_10159760351067700_7113982686017015141_n.jpg

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yup, can cut out most hacking attempts by not clicking any links in any email.

Always go to the company's website and log in. If it's real you'll have an alert there. Or call their customer service line

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
John Aiken, the first of 90 B.U. Terriers to play in the NHL, has died at 89. The Arlington, Mass., native, who played for BU during the 1954-55 season, later became the “house goalie’ at Boston Garden—an emergency option in the days when NHL teams only carried one goaltender. On March 13, 1958, Montreal goalie Jacques Plante was injured in a game against the Bruins and Aiken got the call for what would be his only NHL game.

John Aiken: Pulled from the Crowd to be a Habs Goalie

Aiken%2BMontreal.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
John Aiken, the first of 90 B.U. Terriers to play in the NHL, has died at 89. The Arlington, Mass., native, who played for BU during the 1954-55 season, later became the “house goalie’ at Boston Garden—an emergency option in the days when NHL teams only carried one goaltender. On March 13, 1958, Montreal goalie Jacques Plante was injured in a game against the Bruins and Aiken got the call for what would be his only NHL game.

John Aiken: Pulled from the Crowd to be a Habs Goalie

Aiken%2BMontreal.jpg

John J. Aiken Sr. Obituary (1932 - 2021) Boston Globe

Quite the family. Right up there with the Burns and Bertagnas in Arlington.

His late son Dave and I were teammates and classmates when we were just kids. Big powerful d man taken way before his time. Nobody ever ran twice in the crease with him around.

Mr Aiken’s twin sons Jim & John Jr. both Arlington High goalies early/mid 70s.
Couple years older than me and Dave.

May he rest in peace.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If you're not using 2-factor auth on every one of your online accounts that offer it you're doing it wrong.

2FA has cut down on a large amount of account hacks for me personally other the years.
Same here. I have it enabled on every account I have that offers it.

Cybercrime is starting to ratchet up with the holidays plus other things we can’t talk about here.

I was researching a hack from last year for my Cybercrime class earlier and saw that hackers are starting to go after hospitals again with ransomware attacks again. For them it is all about mass casualty and chaos.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If you're not using 2-factor auth on every one of your online accounts that offer it you're doing it wrong.

2FA has cut down on a large amount of account hacks for me personally other the years.
Same here. I have it enabled on every account I have that offers it.

Cybercrime is starting to ratchet up with the holidays plus other things we can’t talk about here.

I was researching a hack from last year for my Cybercrime class earlier and saw that hackers are starting to go after hospitals again with ransomware attacks again. For them it is all about mass casualty and chaos.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad