OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH cash is king

even the gas station cried bout giving me change
Cash is trash. Though I do sometimes pay in $20s at the gas stations where they charge you 10 cents less a gallon if you pay in cash, and I need quarters to do laundry. Otherwise cash is pretty useless, you're not collecting points on credit card purchases, it's depreciating in value due to inflation, etc.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Cash is trash. Though I do sometimes pay in $20s at the gas stations where they charge you 10 cents less a gallon if you pay in cash, and I need quarters to do laundry. Otherwise cash is pretty useless, you're not collecting points on credit card purchases, it's depreciating in value due to inflation, etc.

In Vegas, cash is king. Everything has a cash price and a card price. You can haggle just about anything down if you got the cash

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In Vegas, cash is king. Everything has a cash price and a card price. You can haggle just about anything down if you got the cash

I've heard the old $20 sandwich works wonders in Vegas. Never been though.

For everything else a good rewards card is solid.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I've heard the old $20 sandwich works wonders in Vegas. Never been though.

For everything else a good rewards card is solid.

$20? What is it 1980? If you're not putting a hundo in there nowadays then just lmao.

When place don't want to give me change I just tell them to round up to the nearest dollar. And they do it lol. Hate the cards only thing but has a small benefit because half the time I go to a store now the kids literally cannot count change back so I don't end up having to count it myself and let them know they owe me another dollar or two.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Some people are such A-holes. It was 3:30(yeah 15 minutes ago-ish) I'm walking down my driveway to grab the mail. We live in a small neighborhood and the speed limit is 30mph and as I'm nearing the end of my (kinda long) driveway this Dbag in this big black infinity SUV does about 50mph by me and hits the puddle that soaked me and A. Yes they were doing 20 over the speed limit and B. There was no one even coming the other way so they could have easily moved over and not hit the big puddle because of this rainstorm. Like I hope you like your lugnuts on your wheels. They might just disappear

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Some people are such A-holes. It was 3:30(yeah 15 minutes ago-ish) I'm walking down my driveway to grab the mail. We live in a small neighborhood and the speed limit is 30mph and as I'm nearing the end of my (kinda long) driveway this Dbag in this big black infinity SUV does about 50mph by me and hits the puddle that soaked me and A. Yes they were doing 20 over the speed limit and B. There was no one even coming the other way so they could have easily moved over and not hit the big puddle because of this rainstorm. Like I hope you like your lugnuts on your wheels. They might just disappear

I've known some real pieces of work. All of them would have done to you the above.....on purpose....just for a laugh.

But rest assured, stuff like this happens to them as well. They just gripe and play the victim.
You would think they would have learned some empathy by now.

I do not personally believe in some universal karma program that divvies out back to you what you give.
But I do know people reap what they sow. See it every day.

You sow being a jerk. You will reap what being a jerk gets from others around you.

You sow being kind and considerate of those around you. You will one day get that same consideration when you least expect it.

You want carrots, you plant carrots and water them daily.
You want compassion, you give compassion daily.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a bizarre story

Mystery solved: Theodore Conrad vanished after robbing Cleveland bank where he worked in 1969; marshals traced him to Boston suburb

One of America’s Most Wanted Fugitives Identified After 52 Years

A year before the Cleveland bank robbery, Conrad became obsessed with the 1968 Steve McQueen film “The Thomas Crown Affair.” The movie was based on the bank robbery for sport by a millionaire businessman, and Conrad saw it more than a half dozen times. From there he bragged to his friends about how easy it would be to take money from the bank and even told them he planned to do so.

The fugitive investigation into Theodore ‘Ted’ Conrad has perplexed many investigators over the past 50 years. Conrad has been featured on America’s Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries. Investigators chased leads across the country, including Washington D.C., Inglewood, California, western Texas, Oregon, and Honolulu, Hawaii.

The case remained cold until this past week when United States Marshals from Cleveland, Ohio travelled to Boston, Massachusetts and positively identified Thomas Randele of Lynnfield, Massachusetts as the fictitious name of Theodore J. Conrad. He had been living an unassuming life in the Boston suburb since 1970. Ironically, he moved to Boston near the location where the original Thomas Crown Affair movie was filmed.

United States Marshals investigators from Cleveland were able match documents that Conrad completed in the 1960s with documents Randele completed, including documents from when Randele filed for Bankruptcy in Boston Federal Court in 2014. Additional investigative information led Marshals to positively identifying Thomas Randele as Theodore J. Conrad.

Thomas Randele died of lung cancer in May of 2021 in Lynnfield, Massachusetts using a date of birth as July 10, 1947. His real date of birth was July 10, 1949, and Conrad would have been 71 at the time of his death.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
1A8F6EA6-62D1-44BA-BBE8-366F4531E383.jpeg

i really hate that my youngest growing up so fast. I miss her as a kid. Now shes an annoying teenager. :(

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I think I carry an emergency $20 with me that I haven't used in over a year. CC w/ rewards all day.

Same here, along with stuff like hotels and travel, I use my Citi card at Star Market, Walgreens, Buff's(yes, Buff's), etc.(unless it's a low single digit purchase), and put the rewards points toward my balance, which, fortunately, I have paid off every month for some time. In other words, I am a complete deadbeat.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
This is a bizarre story

Mystery solved: Theodore Conrad vanished after robbing Cleveland bank where he worked in 1969; marshals traced him to Boston suburb

One of America’s Most Wanted Fugitives Identified After 52 Years

A year before the Cleveland bank robbery, Conrad became obsessed with the 1968 Steve McQueen film “The Thomas Crown Affair.” The movie was based on the bank robbery for sport by a millionaire businessman, and Conrad saw it more than a half dozen times. From there he bragged to his friends about how easy it would be to take money from the bank and even told them he planned to do so.

The fugitive investigation into Theodore ‘Ted’ Conrad has perplexed many investigators over the past 50 years. Conrad has been featured on America’s Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries. Investigators chased leads across the country, including Washington D.C., Inglewood, California, western Texas, Oregon, and Honolulu, Hawaii.

The case remained cold until this past week when United States Marshals from Cleveland, Ohio travelled to Boston, Massachusetts and positively identified Thomas Randele of Lynnfield, Massachusetts as the fictitious name of Theodore J. Conrad. He had been living an unassuming life in the Boston suburb since 1970. Ironically, he moved to Boston near the location where the original Thomas Crown Affair movie was filmed.

United States Marshals investigators from Cleveland were able match documents that Conrad completed in the 1960s with documents Randele completed, including documents from when Randele filed for Bankruptcy in Boston Federal Court in 2014. Additional investigative information led Marshals to positively identifying Thomas Randele as Theodore J. Conrad.

Thomas Randele died of lung cancer in May of 2021 in Lynnfield, Massachusetts using a date of birth as July 10, 1947. His real date of birth was July 10, 1949, and Conrad would have been 71 at the time of his death.

He sold luxury cars north of Boston. I wonder if he ever ran into Johnny MacKenzie, who sold BMW's for some time.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*Crawls out from under kitchen table* :scared:

Well that was nasty- powerful thunderstorms just came through here. There was a tornado touchdown in Plainfield which is 10 minutes away from here. There may have been another tornado touchdown in western RI which is about 15 miles from here. Still under a severe thunderstorm watch until 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad