Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fair about the Hutson/1st. I will have to trust Ducks fans on what your team needs are.

5th, Guhle, Reinbacher is not on the table. I feel this is a accurate statement from both Habs fans and our actual management.

Habs need top 6 and PP talent. Suzuki and Dach are perfectly fine as our top 2 centers. Dach going down early last season was very deflating. He was playing very well in preseason and the 1st few games.
As i posted above
Fair about the Hutson/1st. I will have to trust Ducks fans on what your team needs are.

5th, Guhle, Reinbacher is not on the table. I feel this is a accurate statement from both Habs fans and our actual management.
I assume the 1st is our late first and Hutson.

That would be one hell of a gamble trade. We don't know if we are giving up a 60-80 point star offensive dynamo or Anaheim is getting another undersized piniata that will fold under Neanderthal attacks.

I wouldn't do it because i still worry that Zegras is likely a long term signing nightmare.

There are other trades to be made for potential top 6 youngsters.

Reactions: CDN24

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Habs need top 6 and PP talent. Suzuki and Dach are perfectly fine as our top 2 centers. Dach going down early last season was very deflating. He was playing very well in preseason and the 1st few games.
To be fair idk that 5th Reinbacher and guhle are off the table completely…. For all we know the hold up is the + on Reinbacher/guhle…. And I think if Montreal was to move 1 of those guys I think they are confident they can replace them at draft with levshunov/saliyev/Dickinson/buium or yakemchuk.

But maybe Montreal wants the + on zegras for 1 of those dmen, or only comfortable doing a 1 for 1

Hutson is a non starter for us, we already have zellweger…. No way pv is going to have 2 short dmen in his line up lol.

Reactions: lwvs84

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think that’s prob a likely scenario…. Montreal will prob need to wait and see how the draft goes down.

I def could see PV really liking Reinbacher and guhle as fits here.

I think if that draft scenario plays out montreal is basically deciding on who the 2 best are out of

Reinbacher vs levshunov(or Dickinson) vs guhle
Montreal prob going to have to move some young dmen at some point why not aim for a top 6 forward with a lot of untapped potential
In no scenario would Guhle be available, or at just Z value.

Reinbacher? Maybe...but ONLY if we pick up Levs. Which is unlikely because Chicago has met with him a million times and they have a desperate need for RHD.

If we pick Demidov/Lindstrom then Z becomes a want but not a need.

Mailioux? Maybe, but he just came off an amazing AHL season where he was top 3 in defenseman scoring, has a mean streak and physical presence. Basically a very high probability for top 4 as an RHD.

Who knows if there are magic mushrooms used in deciding a trade, but logically, not likely.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think that’s prob a likely scenario…. Montreal will prob need to wait and see how the draft goes down.

I def could see PV really liking Reinbacher and guhle as fits here.

I think if that draft scenario plays out montreal is basically deciding on who the 2 best are out of

Reinbacher vs levshunov(or Dickinson) vs guhle
Montreal prob going to have to move some young dmen at some point why not aim for a top 6 forward with a lot of untapped potential
The problem with waiting until the draft starts is that it ties PV's hand to make a deal with another team for Zegras. It gives Montreal all the power to pull the rug out at the last moment which I don't think PV will go for (I sure wouldn't if I were him).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The problem with waiting until the draft starts is that it ties PV's hand to make a deal with another team for Zegras. It gives Montreal all the power to pull the rug out at the last moment which I don't think PV will go for (I sure wouldn't if I were him).

I agree, and that’s the gamble Montreal prob has to take.

Reactions: ChopSuey and tomd

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In no scenario would Guhle be available, or at just Z value.

Reinbacher? Maybe...but ONLY if we pick up Levs. Which is unlikely because Chicago has met with him a million times and they have a desperate need for RHD.

If we pick Demidov/Lindstrom then Z becomes a want but not a need.

Mailioux? Maybe, but he just came off an amazing AHL season where he was top 3 in defenseman scoring, has a mean streak and physical presence. Basically a very high probability for top 4 as an RHD.

Who knows if there are magic mushrooms used in deciding a trade, but logically, not likely.
I doubt we want anything to do with mailloux to be honest.

And maybe guhle is a non starter, but I imagine if reinbacher and 5th arnt in discussions Then there is no trade to be made.

Only things we really know are that
- ducks arnt actively looking to trade zegras, but will listen.

Montreal has been pretty active in calling about him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yup, if Montreal trades 5OA then it's b/c they believe Zegras is a better asset than anyone they would draft at that spot.
Which is tough to say cause, depending at what mock you use it’s got about 5-8 options at 5.

We also don’t know who else if anyone else is calling on zegras… all we know is that the ducks arnt actively looking to trade him but are willing to discuss the idea

If his goal is to get Reinbacher guhle or 5th pick…. Id consider gambling and taking Demidov/lindstrom at 3 and kinda forcing montreals hand

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If his goal is to get Reinbacher guhle or 5th pick…. Id consider gambling and taking Demidov/lindstrom at 3 and kinda forcing montreals hand
That's not a good strategy.

Do you need another center? Or do you need more defensive help?

Habs will be left with one of Levs, Demidov, Lindstrome, Silayev...OR have another deal in place with someone like Philly. Philly has Foester and Farabee that may be on the table.

Too many moving parts to pull an old Sam Pollock trick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's not a good strategy.

Do you need another center? Or do you need more defensive help?

Habs will be left with one of Levs, Demidov, Lindstrome, Silayev...OR have another deal in placd with domeone like Philly. Philly has Foester and Farabee that may be on the table.

Too many moving parts to pull an old Sam Pollock trick.

We can use help on both areas, no one really has any idea who Anaheim may go to. We might like the rhd at the end of the 1st and be willing to go forward at 3…. We generally don’t struggle to find dmen in the 2nd-3rd round but we do kinda struggle to find forwards outside the top 10…. So maybe we just grab the forward…. See if that forces montreals hand…. If not, not a big deal we get another high potential forward, and we keep zegras(or maybe other teams inquire on him)

Lindstrom does seem like a player PV would absolutely want

Zegras is still under team control for a while, so we’re not in a scenario where we ever need to sell low on him …. It’s not like he hurts the team when he’s on the ice…. Team is significantly better with him in the line up

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Just gonna repost this, because people seem to be forgetting that when it comes to Anaheim, these insiders know nothing:

I know they're just doing their job, but if these insiders actually knew anything they'd have known about Drysdale being part of the Gauthier deal. Anyone who claims to know about how Z is a nuisance and annoyance to his own teammates and is on the outs with Verbeek doesn't know a thing.

There haven't been any comments about how Zegras is some kind of locker room disturbance, causing tension between teammates, getting on Verbeek's bad side...none of that. If you actually watch the games, Zegras has been playing much better defensively and has been stuck with the shambling corpse of Killorn and a distracted Terry, so he was snakebitten offensively. He is playing by Cronin's rules, he takes benchings in stride (and let's face it, there are so many other players that need benchings other than him), and by all accounts he's a net positive in the room.

If people think he's overrated and want to put him down as a player because he doesn't dominate the game despite the press he attracts, sure. But anyone who takes these rumours of Z being seriously shopped clearly doesn't watch the Ducks every game and just wants to feed into a juicy narrative. Nobody on our forums gives these rumours any time of day.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I beleive that Zegras's value is between #7 to #10 in this draft full of great D
Which is fine, but if you look at a draft pick value chart and say zegras is (7), we’ll go with 7 cause no reports talk about him actively being traded.

27DDE28E-3ABB-4544-AA54-45A9D3E9A78D.jpeg

So 7 + 31 = 550
Vs
5 = 484

If I was Anaheim I would want sweeteners(maybe nothing crazy)… but def would be lookin for adds

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Which is fine, but if you look at a draft pick value chart and say zegras is (7), we’ll go with 7 cause no reports talk about him actively being traded.

View attachment 880296

So 7 + 31 = 550
Vs
5 = 484

If I was Anaheim I would want sweeteners(maybe nothing crazy)… but def would be lookin for adds
That chart is badly flawed above the 15th pick.

Think about this...according to that chart Habs can add their 26th and it would grt us 1st OA.

NEVER WILL HAPPEN

I already commented that there has to be a percentage adder for the top 15. Reaching 50% higher by number 1.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Zegras is going nowhere. No team wants him bad enough to give anything of value.
Your first sentence may well be true. Your second sentence is ridiculous.

A healthy Zegras is good for 70-80 points. Is he a perfect player? Absolutely not. But teams may be willing to offer up fair value for a guy who can put up that kind of offense. We'll know in about 3 weeks.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

A healthy Zegras is good for 70-80 points. Is he a perfect player? Absolutely not. But teams may be willing to offer up fair value for a guy who can put up that kind of offense. We'll know in about 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, he's never had 70-80 points. Find it hard to believe that other teams would pencil him in for that when he literally hasn't done it.

Reactions: Miller Time

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

He had 60+ points seasons before injury. He could if healthy hit 70-80 points but he is 60+ right now. Anaheim will find out if teams are interested and if willing to accept a trade or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad