Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
Most of the people with strong opinions on Z in those trade threads only see him as his most recent seasons stat line and "some annoying TikTok kid". It's bad faith arguments every time from people with no actual knowledge on Z. f*** em.
Honestly. Look at the actual facts and this is next to nothing. Meanwhile I'm seeing headlines read "Ducks want Zegras gone this offseason". Vultures wanting clicks and people just seeing what they want to.

I hope they make him Captain.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Or 3 lines of matchup nightmares. Pair a bigger guy and a smaller guy, something like Carlsson-Demidov, McTavish-Terry, Zegras-Gauthier and fill in with value complimentary players like Vatrano is now and hopefully Colangelo will be in the near future. Then stack the lines if you need to at the end of the game.
They'll have to depth to do that for sure. Adding Demidov to a roster of Zegras, Carlsson and Terry they can have McTavish go back to focusing on his shooting with all the playmakers they'll have.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
IMG_5236.jpeg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Odd group of teams supposedly interested. Hawks, rangers, habs and preds are obvious ones. Philly makes no sense cause of Torts (just seems like a lazy guess cause of Dry), but Sens, Flames, and Sabres don’t really make sense to me.
To be fair Sabres have been rumored before(but I agree they don’t really have a need for zegras)

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I hope Pat sits down with Z and reassures him. At this point it might start to mentally take a toll on him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I mean more like reassuring Zegras that he wants him to succeed here, not telling him he'll never trade him.
He should do one better and stop taking calls if he doesn’t want to actually trade him. If someone wants to knock his socks off then just let them, or if an opportunity arises then change the calculus then, but IMO it’s ridiculous to have his name out there for a Hail Mary. It’s such unneeded drama.

Reactions: Duck Off

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
He should do one better and stop taking calls if he doesn’t want to actually trade him. If someone wants to knock his socks off then just let them, or if an opportunity arises then change the calculus then, but IMO it’s ridiculous to have his name out there for a Hail Mary. It’s such unneeded drama.
FWIW I've always interpreted it as Verbeek doing exactly that. I don't get the sense that he encourages the calls but it would be foolish not to at least take them.

It's the clickbait media that is creating the drama, not Pat. Nothing he can do about that really.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
FWIW I've always interpreted it as Verbeek doing exactly that. I don't get the sense that he encourages the calls but it would be foolish not to at least take them.

It's the clickbait media that is creating the drama, not Pat. Nothing he can do about that really.
There’s plenty he can do about it. For one, stop taking calls. I don’t get how anyone can say it would be foolish not to take calls on him and then complain about the obvious and inevitable aftermath of that action. Sure, it would be nice if the media wasn’t so nosy and Verbeek could be quietly ruthless but they are and Verbeek should know better.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There’s plenty he can do about it. For one, stop taking calls. I don’t get how anyone can say it would be foolish not to take calls on him and then complain about the obvious and inevitable aftermath of that action. Sure, it would be nice if the media wasn’t so nosy and Verbeek could be quietly ruthless but they are and Verbeek should know better.
He can’t just not take calls this time of year. Plenty of other players and picks and lord knows what else are likely getting discussed.

If you mean just say “we aren’t trading Zegras”, then that’s also not going to happen if he sees what he considers a legitimate upgrade as a trade target. That’s his job.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He can’t just not take calls this time of year. Plenty of other players and picks and lord knows what else are likely getting discussed.

If you mean just say “we aren’t trading Zegras”, then that’s also not going to happen if he sees what he considers a legitimate upgrade as a trade target. That’s his job.
Thats what I meant, don’t take calls on Zegras specifically, and if he doesn’t want to trade him then yes he can do that and better yet should. If he sees a legitimate target that might take a Zegras to land, a la Gauthier and Drysdale, then go talk about that guy. Listening to what the damn Blackhawks have to offer ain’t doing that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Thats what I meant, don’t take calls on Zegras specifically, and if he doesn’t want to trade him then yes he can do that and better yet should. If he sees a legitimate target that might take a Zegras to land, a la Gauthier and Drysdale, then go talk about that guy. Listening to what the damn Blackhawks have to offer ain’t doing that.
We don’t know that he isn’t. We do know that the Ducks don’t leak, so all of this is coming from other sources, and are going to slant the leaks to their own benefit.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We don’t know that he isn’t. We do know that the Ducks don’t leak, so all of this is coming from other sources, and are going to slant the leaks to their own benefit.
I think we mostly do. I don’t really think thats how the information trade in the league works, but regardless of that, I think the simplest answer is just the right one. I’ll admit I was being a touch facetious earlier because I don’t really think Verbeek’s actually just been a bit reckless, I think Zegras is just his Bobby Ryan.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad