Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He's always willing, just needs to find a partner, guys want nothing to do with him and wont until he brings something else to the table that they need to counter.

Think he gets too much flak in here. Hes a young clean player getting 4th line wing ice time on a heavy "system" team. Expecting goals, borderline hits, and game changing individual performances is too much IMO. I'd be looking for him to be effective shift to shift rather than being a game changer at this point.
Don't really agree. I saw him willing in the first 10 games of the year last year, and then legitimately went for a skate the rest of the year.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
By December we will all love his game. He will be inconsistent but exactly what we need.

Well he better learn where to go on the ice cause never on time. D always has room to move the puck when he is out there on forecheck. To slow for my likings .Anyways we will see tomorrow I guess and hope he proves me wrong

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Well he better learn where to go on the ice cause never on time. D always has room to move the puck when he is out there on forecheck. To slow for my likings .Anyways we will see tomorrow I guess and hope he proves me wrong

I feel like what you're seeing/sensing is a component of why he's been less than the physical presence a lot of fans expect...tough to be physical, punish the opposing D, create turnovers when you're late to the party.

Is it skating? Not sure, I kind of lean towards it's not seeing the ice/thinking the game at a high enough speed. Maybe that develops in time, but I fear guys that don't get it now, often don't get it ever.

Career 4th liner is what I see at this juncture and how long that career can hang on is dependent on the level of energy he can muster if his brain and/or feet don't catch up. Would love to be proven wrong here.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
That's like the dumbest offer I think I've seen hear. Lol :laugh:

Ever
Would love Ross here, not for Frederic however. His 8 goals over 80 games would make him one of the biggest offensive threats on the fourth line. Oh, he can fight and hit too.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Would love Ross here, not for Frederic however. His 8 goals over 80 games would make him one of the biggest offensive threats on the fourth line. Oh, he can fight and hit too.
Can he hit ? I mean the world knows he can fight, Hockey world anyways, but does he really hit, I mean impactful hits ?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Again I just see much better options in the AHL...

Short leash Freddy.

upload_2021-10-15_12-10-27.jpeg

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Can he hit ? I mean the world knows he can fight, Hockey world anyways, but does he really hit, I mean impactful hits ?
Lol…can anyone hit anymore? If they can….can they actually manage it without a penalty and all the hockey moms crying about the violence? Maybe Frederic has the ability to light someone up but won’t take the chance. I can’t tell anymore if the players went soft, the league, or the fans. The NHL sure looks a lot closer to European hockey than it did 10 years ago.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
A guy like Keegan Kolesar would be a nice, physical addition.

I'm still holding out hope for Frederic, but he hasn't been good.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I would take Ross The Boss Johnston on the 4th line easily. The man would be adored here.

I wouldn’t trade Frederic for him. Maybe he could teach Frederic a thing or two.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

In just over 80 regular season games and he has 225+ hits and some of the ones I have seen have been impressive, clean hits.

Reactions: TCB

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
By December we will all love his game. He will be inconsistent but exactly what we need.

The inconsistent play is the irritating part. He had two 10 game stretches where he looked like a decent fourth liner and then two ten game stretches where he looked like he belonged in providence.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Hopefully he’ll bring some energy. He’s only played 42 games with Boston so maybe he’ll be better than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad