Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The real question is who will challenge the cehlarik fan club for the most irrational support of a JAG player. The seny fan club or the Frederic fan club

Don't get me started with Cehlarik. Since he's left the bruins he's been fantastic. Highly Doubt Seny and Frederic could repeat what he's accomplished.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sure but how did his line look? With the exception of one shift I saw zero possession in the O zone. That's the role of the 4th line. Cycle possession be pests create havoc for the other team.
Line did not look that good

Cassidy did something I thought was brilliant and put them up early against Wilton & Ovechkin.

what a way to see it Frederic gets it and if ths trio can handle this type of matchup in Washington due to last line change

they are all centers by trade which I like

I’m Cassidy I’m riding with this line to start

Frederic I keyed on and was impressed - no dog and pony show played hard and clean

he lost coverage and went to deep but that’s in the big picture a good thing

it’s preseason and better now to go over and correct then in November

as a coach I like it and it’s preseason

no one will remember their preseason record

Reactions: LouJersey and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sure but how did his line look? With the exception of one shift I saw zero possession in the O zone. That's the role of the 4th line. Cycle possession be pests create havoc for the other team.

I really think TFred is a center at heart and eventually that's where he'll make his living in the NHL. His vision is great as he seems to see the ice so much better there.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don't think that's how they're being coached. Seems like our 4th line for a while now has been tasked with getting it to the offensive zone, getting it on net quick and being happy with a covered puck and creating an offensive zone faceoff for line 1 or 2.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don't think that's how they're being coached. Seems like our 4th line for a while now has been tasked with getting it to the offensive zone, getting it on net quick and being happy with a covered puck and creating an offensive zone faceoff for line 1 or 2.
That’s exactly what they do. Different coaching tactics. I liked the 4th line. Fredricks alright.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He has been fine but like...has he done anything to stand out in this camp or preseason? I can't think of a single big play, a hit, a fight, a goal, nothing...

Like he looks like he can be a regular but he's really been disappointing compared to the excitement of his run of games in February of this year when he was running around, fighting and chirping guys.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
He has been fine but like...has he done anything to stand out in this camp or preseason? I can't think of a single big play, a hit, a fight, a goal, nothing...

Like he looks like he can be a regular but he's really been disappointing compared to the excitement of his run of games in February of this year when he was running around, fighting and chirping guys.

he needs to be playing center. Plan should have been 37-13-23-11. Haula is fine as the 3lw and safety net for C. Foligno on the right somewhere, whatever. Not being able or wanting to deal DeBrusk has basically held a couple of these young guys hostage along with signing Nosek

Reactions: BruinDust

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
he needs to be playing center. Plan should have been 37-13-23-11. Haula is fine as the 3lw and safety net for C. Foligno on the right somewhere, whatever. Not being able or wanting to deal DeBrusk has basically held a couple of these young guys hostage along with signing Nosek
Dealing DeBrusk for a 5th just to see Frederic play C? I don’t get that logic.

Reactions: Blowfish

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

No one is holding anyone hostage. If management/Cassidy thought Freddy or any of the young guys either could handle or deserved a bigger role they wouldn’t have went out and signed all three three bottom six left handed center/LW guys in haula, foligno and nosek. The reality is besides a small window where Frederic played good last year he was playing poorly before he got sick/injured and lost his spot in the lineup come playoff time. As for other guys studnicka wasn’t ready either until we saw him this year so the team had no idea he would bill up the way he did and look better.

Reactions: FabulousLysell

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Trent Frederic so far is good for.......

1 goal every 15 games

1 assist every 60 games

1 fight every 15 games

3 hits every 2 games

3 face-off wins every 2 games

1 blocked shot every 3 games

1 shot on goal per game

Averaging roughly 10 minutes of ice time per game.

If you simply looking at those numbers thus far, then Trent Frederic isn't an NHL player.

Simply put, he needs to improve on the above if he's going to occupy a roster spot on a team expecting to contend for a championship. Especially if he's on the wing where he has less impact on the defensive side of the puck. Status quo won't cut it. He needs to show tangible improvement in terms of his numbers. This organization showed tremendous faith in Frederic by protecting him over other, arguably better, players in the expansion draft. There is pressure on both sides now for Frederic to make more of an impact. It's disappointing to hear his preseason was average at best.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
The real question is who will challenge the cehlarik fan club for the most irrational support of a JAG player. The seny fan club or the Frederic fan club
Cehlarik had heavy boots, but NHL hands and IQ. Frederic has NHL attributes/grit desired from a 4th liner and an NHL shot and shows flashes of elite puck-protection potential. He also draws more penalties than he takes, which is impressive in his role.

Seny can skate and scored lots his last year in the OHL. I think that covers it for him.

Reactions: Over the volcano

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Cehlarik had heavy boots, but NHL hands and IQ. Frederic has NHL attributes/grit desired from a 4th liner and an NHL shot and shows flashes of elite puck-protection potential. He also draws more penalties than he takes, which is impressive in his role.

Seny can skate and scored lots his last year in the OHL. I think that covers it for him.

Elite puck protection potential lol. Come on there is nothing Frederic has shown that is near elite besides maybe fighting ability.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
No one is holding anyone hostage. If management/Cassidy thought Freddy or any of the young guys either could handle or deserved a bigger role they wouldn’t have went out and signed all three three bottom six left handed center/LW guys in haula, foligno and nosek. The reality is besides a small window where Frederic played good last year he was playing poorly before he got sick/injured and lost his spot in the lineup come playoff time. As for other guys studnicka wasn’t ready either until we saw him this year so the team had no idea he would bill up the way he did and look better.

you think any coach in the world is going to develop young guys over putting veterans in? You think Sweeney will care if opening night Nosek and Foligno are healthy scratches?

team has three spots or so open upfront. Bruins went out and filled them in five seconds with not a thought in the world to this “internal competition” we always hear
About. Nine million for three “meh” guys next two seasons.

Reactions: Over the volcano

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Doesn't Frederic have this same problem? I haven't seen any of him in preseason but from what I saw last year, I hope he focused on improving his skating in the off-season.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Trent Frederic so far is good for.......

1 goal every 15 games

1 assist every 60 games

1 fight every 15 games

3 hits every 2 games

3 face-off wins every 2 games

1 blocked shot every 3 games

1 shot on goal per game

Averaging roughly 10 minutes of ice time per game.

If you simply looking at those numbers thus far, then Trent Frederic isn't an NHL player.

Simply put, he needs to improve on the above if he's going to occupy a roster spot on a team expecting to contend for a championship. Especially if he's on the wing where he has less impact on the defensive side of the puck. Status quo won't cut it. He needs to show tangible improvement in terms of his numbers. This organization showed tremendous faith in Frederic by protecting him over other, arguably better, players in the expansion draft. There is pressure on both sides now for Frederic to make more of an impact. It's disappointing to hear his preseason was average at best.

great post

Reactions: BruinDust

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think the Bruins are hoping for a light bulb to go on.Hearing Cassidy say he has to be prodded to get him going I find disturbing for a young kid trying to get a steady spot on an NHL team.I will be watching his play close the first few games.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think the Bruins are hoping for a light bulb to go on.Hearing Cassidy say he has to be prodded to get him going I find disturbing for a young kid trying to get a steady spot on an NHL team.I will be watching his play close the first few games.

There were more deserving players this camp...Not sure who's decision it is to keep him up. I'm guessing Neely. Just feels Neelyish.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
There were more deserving players this camp...Not sure who's decision it is to keep him up. I'm guessing Neely. Just feels Neelyish.
You are right in my opinion about more deserving players namely Studnicka and Steen who I really like.Different styles though.Not sure who wants him there it could be Neely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad