Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
What is the news about Frederick, does he worked hard this summer like Studnicka to get faster, bigger stronger to dance with guys like Wilson, Reaves?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What is the news about Frederick, does he worked hard this summer like Studnicka to get faster, bigger stronger to dance with guys like Wilson, Reaves?

He can already dance with Wilson, but ya I haven’t really heard anything about him either since the exit interviews.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Trent Frederic isn't good.

Can someone tell me what he brings to the table, like seriously, what does he do?
giphy.gif

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
If you look at his draft, he's a pretty good pick. 2016 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

The 10 guys picked before him and the 10 guys picked after him are all waiver fodder, except DeBrincat (I happen to like Asplund too but he's no big deal).

Sam Steel and Kyrou are good too, but generally I agree.

DeBrincat was a hell of a miss for a LOT of teams, it wasn't just us. I was highly skeptical of him as well.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Sam Steel and Kyrou are good too, but generally I agree.

DeBrincat was a hell of a miss for a LOT of teams, it wasn't just us. I was highly skeptical of him as well.

I take Frederic way ahead of Steel at this point. Steel is having a tough time holding onto a 4th line spot in Anaheim.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Send Wags' ass to Providence for the duration or try to ship him somewhere for a used skate sharpener, bring Senyshyn up as your 13th forward, and roll with the 4th line you describe with Seny rotating in and out as needed.

Just my opinion but bringing up ZS would be crazy. The guy cleared waivers for the second time and he belongs in the AHL, or Europe. He does not have a future with the Bruins.

Fourth line: Lazer-Nosek-Frederic. If Freddie can't get it going, bring in Wagner. Otherwise, Wagner as extra forward.

Similarly, don't mess with the third line.

Second C: Give Charlie "a long look." I like Coyle but I don't believe he's a 2C, and am concerned about his chemistry with Hall, or possible lack thereof. IF this founders, bring up Jack and see how that goes.

Then of course you'd have to find a place for Charlie...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If he can improve his skating he should be the 4th line center next year. For his career he's 51.7% on draws. Take out that small stint as a 21-year old and he's even better. Would of been 4th on the Bruins last year (behind 37, 46 and 52)?

On a side note.....Patrice Bergeron was an insane 62.2% last year. Surpassing his previous career high of 62.1% in 2012-12 (ironically another year he finished 2nd for the Selke).

What about Nosek? He's a proven player.

Reactions: Over the volcano

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the thing I've noticed with Freddy this year in preseason is that he's actually surprisingly good at carrying the puck in the neutral zone and executing zone entries, but once he gets it in the zone he seems lost and ends up losing the puck. It's funny because for a guy with his style you'd think the opposite would be true.

I see flashes from him that make me think he's a player, but then he has stretches where he does jack shit. I felt the same way about Jordan Caron so that's not saying much. Freddy's biggest leg up is that he has the balls to fight guys like Wilson, but if he never actually fights then what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad