Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Will be happy to have Frederic next year when we are playing the dirty Habs again. Frederic going after Josh Anderson and Ottawa's Tkachuk will be wonderful. If he goes after that smug Tampa rat, Cirelli, he will be all the more loved.

I just think it is very hard for physical forward to look good in Cassidy system as they constantly peel off from finishing hits they should make.
Cassidy's system of "pursue puck,--peel-off and pursue puck" allows you to keep more team speed going and create more of a "buzzing effect" on the forecheck but I don't think that is an effective way to play in a playoff series against a top team as they have a back line that moves the puck around effectively.

You can Buzz around all you want on those teams but then they're really just playing keep-away with you at some point and they certainly are not getting the worn down as the series goes on because our guys have not been finishing checks on them the whole time.

In Cassidy system there is a decent chance that Clutterbuck peels off making that hit on Carlo and uses his gained speed to chase the play around the net. Series changer.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Brad Marchand had 42 points in his first 97 games by the end of his age 22 season and 91 points in 111 games in the AHL. How is what frederic has done exactly like Marchand?
Marchand had 1 pt in his first 20 games before he was really given a chance, like Freddy he yapped a lot and averaged roughly 1 PM/game . Marchy also played with better overall talent compared to what Freddy had to work with on lines 3/4 .I'm not saying he has the toolset that Marchand has , its just that young kids evolve their games from pests into more rounded players, lets not give up on Freddy too soon.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Marchand was also a 5'8 skilled player.

Players who are 6'0+ and not a talent first player should ensure the play style reflects it. Frederic needs to back the words with action. Whether that means scoring, hitting, fighting... his efforts at agitating and skating away laughing fall woefully short aside from his bit with Subban and Wilson.

The Bruins and those of us fans enamored with toughness love his potential, but he is nowhere near it at this time and already... 23?

It takes two to tango , i've seen numerous occasions where Freddy offered but got no willing response. An agitator is exactly what you described , if he can draw penalties and take more skilled players off the ice even better .

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Marchand had 1 pt in his first 20 games before he was really given a chance, like Freddy he yapped a lot and averaged roughly 1 PM/game . Marchy also played with better overall talent compared to what Freddy had to work with on lines 3/4 .I'm not saying he has the toolset that Marchand has , its just that young kids evolve their games from pests into more rounded players, lets not give up on Freddy too soon.

Marchand was lighting it up on the 4th line at age 22 in his second stint forcing himself up to a higher line. Frederic has 5 points in 59 career games on his third stint and hasn’t been able to hold a spot in the lineup. Marchand was a .90 point per game player in the AHL. Frederic is a little above .51 point per game player in the AHL.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Marchand was lighting it up on the 4th line at age 22 in his second stint forcing himself up to a higher line. Frederic has 5 points in 59 career games on his third stint and hasn’t been able to hold a spot in the lineup. Marchand was a .90 point per game player in the AHL. Frederic is a little above .51 point per game player in the AHL.
Why is it so hard to fathom that players can potentially develop at a different pace. And my original comparison was to point out that in his first stint Marchand's game looked a lot like Freddy's , both were agitators who didn't score much and took some silly penalties. And tbh I think most here would be happy if Frederic could produce at half the rate of what Marchand produces. If you want to continue to twist the simple comparison out of context be my guest.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It takes two to tango , i've seen numerous occasions where Freddy offered but got no willing response. An agitator is exactly what you described , if he can draw penalties and take more skilled players off the ice even better .

They have to take Frederic seriously for his attempts to work however. It doesn't seem opponents do yet.

member 96824

Why is it so hard to fathom that players can potentially develop at a different pace. And my original comparison was to point out that in his first stint Marchand's game looked a lot like Freddy's , both were agitators who didn't score much and took some silly penalties. And tbh I think most here would be happy if Frederic could produce at half the rate of what Marchand produces. If you want to continue to twist the simple comparison out of context be my guest.

Yeah but in Marchand’s 2nd stint he became a top line player and Stanley cup champion.

We’re about to go into Frederic’s third stint and the comparison looks much more like Matt Fraser than Brad Marchand.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Yeah but in Marchand’s 2nd stint he became a top line player and Stanley cup champion.

We’re about to go into Frederic’s third stint and the comparison looks much more like Matt Fraser than Brad Marchand.
Hmm and I wonder if there,was anything different about Frederics 2nd and 3rd stints - just a little thing called covid. No one knows for sure how it impacted players but I'd have to assume it was awfully harder on the younger players in regards to missing quality practice time. And yet again my comparison to March was simply to point out they both started out similarly.

member 96824

Hmm and I wonder if there,was anything different about Frederics 2nd and 3rd stints - just a little thing called covid. No one knows for sure how it impacted players but I'd have to assume it was awfully harder on the younger players in regards to missing quality practice time. And yet again my comparison to March was simply to point out they both started out similarly.

As was mine to Matt Fraser

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

This comp is so laughable that I have to think you’re doing it ironically and as a troll attempt.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s f***ing clown shoes for people here to honestly believe that the Bruins lost to the Islanders because Trent f***ing Frederic wasn’t dressed. What sport are you all watching if you think that guy is a difference maker at this point in his career? I mean really???

Reactions: finchster

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
It’s f***ing clown shoes for people here to honestly believe that the Bruins lost to the Islanders because Trent f***ing Frederic wasn’t dressed. What sport are you all watching if you think that guy is a difference maker at this point in his career? I mean really???
Nobody said this. Literally nobody.

We just said third and fourth lines were pathetic and should have at least tried him.

You need to calm down.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

It’s the cehlarik random cult following all over again

Reactions: LSCII

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Hold on a minute. It was YOU who brought it up! You’re seriously gonna be indignant when it was a comparison YOU made that people are (correctly) pointing out as flawed?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The chances that Frederic produces half of what Marchand does is almost zero. If Frederic develops to his full potental, he is a 10 point guy who might have a 20 point season at some point.

Reactions: DaStinger

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nobody said this. Literally nobody.

We just said third and fourth lines were pathetic and should have at least tried him.

You need to calm down.

If you say so. What I see here is people forgetting how invisible Frederic was after the fist month or so of the season. And why? Because he hugged Tom Wilson and didn’t get dropped. Biggest overreaction of the last 5 years just because he was willing to get in a scrap.

Reactions: BruinDust

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If you say so. What I see here is people forgetting how invisible Frederic was after the fist month or so of the season. And why? Because he hugged Tom Wilson and didn’t get dropped. Biggest overreaction of the last 5 years just because he was willing to get in a scrap.
Amazing

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You're right, they need Heinen backo_O:confused:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You're right, they need Heinen backo_O:confused:

Didn’t say that in the least. Just that Frederic was marginal and wildly ineffective after the first month of the season. He has work to do to round out his game and he’d have looked overwhelmed in the playoffs because he wasn’t playing well before that.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

It was cool to have a guy willing to go around and mess with established veteran players and also asking for fights.

Didnt last long. Not sure if coaching staff and/or referrees told him to tamp it down or if he just lost some steam.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was cool to have a guy willing to go around and mess with established veteran players and also asking for fights.

Didnt last long. Not sure if coaching staff and/or referrees told him to tamp it down or if he just lost some steam.

The veteran players just started ignoring him and it takes two to tango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad