Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Can the Bruins get out from the remainder of that Moore contract without giving up a top pick

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
They won’t expose Debrusk. I’d definitely protect Freddy over Ritchie though and think they will. I think Freddy has third line potential. If he never reaches that potential he’s a solid fourth liner with heart. Ritchie is a coaster. He could be so much more mean if he wanted to but is lazy AF.

Reactions: BBruins and Estlin

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
They won’t expose Debrusk. I’d definitely protect Freddy over Ritchie though and think they will. I think Freddy has third line potential. If he never reaches that potential he’s a solid fourth liner with heart. Ritchie is a coaster. He could be so much more mean if he wanted to but is lazy AF.

I think we saw Ritchie's best this year.

Just a little too slow overall. He's not breaking through here at least. And I think they take a D over him.

Ritchie will have a trade partner though.

Rights to Ritchie+Moore for another meh contract 3rd liner is what I expect.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
TF had the stones to consistently jam, instigate fights with and generally get under the skin of both Ovechkin AND Wilson. For that alone, he gets major props from me. Helluva lot more effective than several of our many floating, coasting, daydreaming JAGs occupying our bottom six.
this was true for like a dozen games, then he was completely interchangeable with anyone else in the bottom 6

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He’s getting traded look for draft picks coming back

Before the expansion draft? Would be a lot better to trade him after using him as a decoy.

What are you thinking for picks? My guess would be a 3rd and a 4th.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Kadri would definitely come here. Coyle might wave for Colorado and a chance at a cup next season. Otherwise he’ll continue to be the local whipping boy.

Why in the world would Colorado do that? Trade a very good player the team needs who is on an expiring contract with a nice AAV for an albatros of a contract. Bruins would need to add 2 firsts to even the trade.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Were talking about a team here that hasn't developed a pure full-time center in almost a decade and a half. They developed just two legitimate Top 6 forwards out of the past 14 drafts (Pasta and Seguin).

To many Top 60 picks wasted since the gold mine of 2006.

They need to start making better draft picks. They need better scouts.

Would never happen but go Lauko-Frederic-Studnicka.

trust them like this 4th line and Lauko and stud could be a PK pair.

show some faith, if it doesn’t work you can find as many veteran jags as you would like, they grow on trees

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
TF had the stones to consistently jam, instigate fights with and generally get under the skin of both Ovechkin AND Wilson. For that alone, he gets major props from me. Helluva lot more effective than several of our many floating, coasting, daydreaming JAGs occupying our bottom six.

The challenge for him was that he had that early on but then it became more clownish than instigator like. He needs to get back to the pest behavior like he did at the start of the season if he wants to be an effective player, IMO.

Reactions: Flannelman

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
how does Kuhlman get 3 playoff starts and Frederic gets 0. A few big hits can change the momentum. Clutterbuck was never challenged

Frederic is a shitty body-checker. He tries, but he doesn't know how to hit properly and his timing is awful.

I'm convinced now the people on this board love Frederic for something he isn't and won't ever be, and that's a big aggressive hard forechecking physical presence like a Clutterbuck or Martin.

He's a big stout defensive center who can win face-offs. As time goes on he may develop a two-way game in the middle. But right now if he's not playing C on the 4th line then he shouldn't be in the line-up as he offers little value as a winger unless you value his trash talking (which I don't personally).

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Frederic is a shitty body-checker. He tries, but he doesn't know how to hit properly and his timing is awful.

I'm convinced now the people on this board love Frederic for something he isn't and won't ever be, and that's a big aggressive hard forechecking physical presence like a Clutterbuck or Martin.

He's a big stout defensive center who can win face-offs. As time goes on he may develop a two-way game in the middle. But right now if he's not playing C on the 4th line then he shouldn't be in the line-up as he offers little value as a winger unless you value his trash talking (which I don't personally).

not a fan I see. The Bruins way of countering Clutterbuck type players is to do absolutely nothing and he unfortunately to me seems like the only player with any guts to take on players like Wilson

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt.45Orr

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Before the expansion draft? Would be a lot better to trade him after using him as a decoy.

What are you thinking for picks? My guess would be a 3rd and a 4th.
Human nature being what it is we all think we can change others and have the answers for someone else

no doubt there are people in decision making positions on NHL teams who think DeBrusk is to young and already had success to be a bust

his dad is involved in league and I’m sure runs into every GM, assistant GM, scouting director when Edmonton plays at home and takes Jake side

Cassidy I don’t care who or what is said is 100% in my mind (and I got intel here) is being discussed being the guy who is on the other side of the window.

With Jay Leach in Providence and WJ coach Nate Leaman at Providence college Sweeney has two guys who are elite candidates

Leaman won gold in Alberta and has ran drills at the Bruins summer DC wearing a Bruins warmup

Leach is held in extremely high regard and he believes in many of these guys who aren’t performing well in Boston

there is a reason why Cassidy contract never disclosed and it’s how all teams should operate- no one knows If this is last year or not. Is he lame duck or not ? Who knows

also as Larry Bird said coaches are good for 3 yrs in his opinion and players stop listening/ it’s not scientific but it’s a good theory that is pretty accurate

I think Bruce Cassidy and his staff is 100% the right guy If the Bruins are going with the 30 something Gang but barring a Cup Finals next year time to get in a guy who knows college hockey players and top prospects or your AHL pipeline and system

@Saxon Eric - ain’t that right

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

This is so inaccurate I’m passing replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad