Tremendous Free Agency For Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Would you guys do:

Schiefele (50% retained on expiring contract) + Helly (50% retained on expiring contract)

For

Nylander + Murray + Samsonov?

Leafs take a drop in offence but clear Nylander before his extension, they get a #1 goalie. Winnipeg gets younger and gets an elite forward + a strong young goalie for 2 players who have already said they will not re-sign in Winnipeg.

Who says no?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Guess what cheap shotting the other team's stars will get us?
If recent Leafs history is any indicator. A free ride to the next round?

1688412230522.png

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
When did cheap shot artists become a positive? Will we be celebrating Domi's 5 min major , game misconduct and 3 game suspension in the playoffs?

Did you not see what Sam Bennett did to Knies? KTFO’d him for the entire series.

It was a perfectly executed dirty cheap shot. Bennett didn’t even get a penalty, never mind a suspension. And of course there was no enforcer like Reaves to pummel him as punishment.

Hockey is a tough physical man’s game, my friend. Always has been, always will be.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
he had a terrible day 1, his day 2 was good.

I don't see a "pro Dubas crowd", I see people generally saying, good job on day 2, your day 1 was trash.
Yes, he did have a terrible first day. But, all I am saying is there was a certain percentage of the crowd here (The pro Dubas crowd) that we’re ready to crucify him for that 1 bad day when we’ve had years of bad Dubas days and the latter always got the benefit of the doubt.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Did you not see what Sam Bennett did to Knies? KTFO’d him for the entire series.

It was a perfectly executed dirty cheap shot. Bennett didn’t even get a penalty, never mind a suspension. And of course there was no enforcer like Reaves to pummel him as punishment.

Hockey is a tough physical man’s game, my friend. Always has been, always will be.

Reaves won't do anything in that situation just like Schenn didn't...

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Reaves won't do anything in that situation just like Schenn didn't...

What a ridiculous comment. Please watch some actual hockey games - - not NHL 23 video games - - before making any further proclamations such as that.

Reaves is a legit thug.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Guess what cheap shotting the other team's stars will get us?

Stanley Cup finals?

Obviously not a star but there sure were a lot of questionable hits ... Hockey is a big boy game, I'd love it if buddy of mine laid out someone and the other team came after us, tells me we are in their keads.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What a ridiculous comment. Please watch some actual hockey games - - not NHL 23 video games - - before making any further proclamations such as that.

Reaves is a legit thug.

Can you find me a single video in the last 3 years of Reaves fighting someone who is not a heavyweight because they took a run at someone?

You need to come back to reality.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
That clip is pretty much an exact summary of the Kyle Dubas era.

Kampf gets destroyed by a late hit.

Guess stand over the fallen Kampf waiting for someone, anyone, to fight him.

Justin Holl gets down on his knees.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
When did cheap shot artists become a positive? Will we be celebrating Domi's 5 min major , game misconduct and 3 game suspension in the playoffs?

Domi is more of a punch you in the head after the whistle type guy vs an open ice / along the board dirty hitter. He's more a rat and mouth piece vs a cheap shot artist.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Domi is more of a punch you in the head after the whistle type guy vs an open ice / along the board dirty hitter. He's more a rat and mouth piece vs a cheap shot artist.

Domi definitely is a cheap shot artist... he will also drop the gloves, but he's thrown a few sucker punches.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Forwards the Leafs acquired that had at least 50 points in their previous 2 years:

Dubas: 2 in 5 Years
-1 acquired in 2018 and cost you $77M
-1 acquired 5 months ago and cost you 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and that player is gone

Treliving: 2 in 1 day
-Both acquired on 1 deals

This is what the Leafs should have been doing day 1 since Tavares was signed - getting good to very good players to sign short term deal to build up value to play with the elite forward group.

A breath of fresh air to finally have a competent GM who knows we need secondary scoring and acquired them without giving up premium assets.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Forwards the Leafs acquired that had at least 50 points in their previous 2 years:

Dubas: 2 in 5 Years
-1 acquired in 2018 and cost you $77M
-1 acquired 5 months ago and cost you 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and that player is gone

Treliving: 2 in 1 day
-Both acquired on 1 deals

This is what the Leafs should have been doing day 1 since Tavares was signed - getting good to very good players to sign short term deal to build up value to play with the elite forward group.

A breath of fresh air to finally have a competent GM who knows we need secondary scoring and acquired them without giving up premium assets.

Why don't you use a different random number instead of 50? 70 maybe?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Can you find me a single video in the last 3 years of Reaves fighting someone who is not a heavyweight because they took a run at someone?

You need to come back to reality.

The anti tough guy crowd is focused on fights, fights are not the only way you get payback, its one way. Hockey has hitting, its is grossly overlooked activity that has a deflating effect on the other team. Reves plays a heavy game, he also forechecks, knowing you got that guy freight training towards you deflates the spirit.

Reaves does this just once to Marchand and you'll be his biggest fan. Wonder if Gallagher is going to ooopsie crash our crease with Bertuzzi, Reaves, McCabe, insert the dman that Tre is going to pick up between now and reg season. Is Anderson still goign to run around like a guy on six extra large coffees, hitting every Leaf in sight?

Note the big bodies he targets, those same big bodies have been our boogie men for years.

Reactions: bax

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Why don't you use a different random number instead of 50? 70 maybe?

Do you want your 1st line LW and 2nd liners putting up 40 points or less? 50 seems a good cut off.

And i apologize for upsetting you by evaluating the Pittsburgh Penguins GM's work.

Reactions: OptimusReim

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Do you want your 1st line LW and 2nd liners putting up 40 points or less? 50 seems a good cut off.

And i apologize for upsetting you by evaluating the Pittsburgh Penguins GM's work.

I'd prefer depth scoring and good two-way play on most lines.

Most people here can't grasp hockey outside of "he's big" and "he got points".

The anti tough guy crowd is focused on fights, fights are not the only way you get payback, its one way. Hockey has hitting, its is grossly overlooked activity that has a deflating effect on the other team. Reves plays a heavy game, he also forechecks, knowing you got that guy freight training towards you deflates the spirit.

Reaves does this just once to Marchand and you'll be his biggest fan. Wonder if Gallagher is going to ooopsie crash our crease with Bertuzzi, Reaves, McCabe, insert the dman that Tre is going to pick up between now and reg season. Is Anderson still goign to run around like a guy on six extra large coffees, hitting every Leaf in sight?

Note the big bodies he targets, those same big bodies have been our boogie men for years.

Specifically, it was brought up that our players would be protected... Schenn is a better hitter than Reaves I'd argue. It did nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: OptimusReim

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Are people saying that? If so, they are incorrect as Bunting, Kerfoot, Bert and Domi are effectively around the same height and weight.

Bertuzzi; 6-1 and 186lb
Bunting: 6-0 and 192lb

Kerfoot: 5-11 and 186lb
Domi: 5-10 and 194lb

I think Domi and Bertuzzi bring more upside value than Kerfoot and similar grit to Bunting along with great offensive potential.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Specifically, it was brought up that our players would be protected... Schenn is a better hitter than Reaves I'd argue. It did nothing.

No. And it’s not even remotely close.

Watch the video montage above, my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad