Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Sorry Travis, you must be atleast this high to ride the $10M/AAV train.
Before last season he and Boeser bad almost identical career numbers despite Brock playing far fewer games. After this last season I give the overall edge to. Brock and it's rumoured his new deal would be around 8 on a long-term deal.
I think that's about right and what Travis should get but there are GM's that can't help but overpaying in July and both likely could get more from a desperate team. We saw that on full display on the 1st.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My guess is that PHI will try to trade him but find the offers somewhat lacking at which point they will cave in and sign him. Maybe they settle on about $9 mil per? Curious to see how Necas does in his next contract which may impact how TK does. A number of these good but not great guys are coming up for UFA contracts and most will not find the market quite what they want it to be.

Reactions: Hanover Fist

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Seems like he is telling Philly to trade him, or he goes ufa?
It certainly seems, that he doesn't want to stay...he is not getting anything close to that....

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty sure a guy who scored the Stanley Cup winning goal and 57 other goals in the regular season just signed for 8.6 this summer soooooo good luck with that TK

I do think he'll get more than 8 per tho and be worth it, really really good winger.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
so you're saying management is gonna come back at him offering ~6 then they're gonna meet in the middle at 7-8?

management is gonna come back at him at 8-8.5M and his agent is gonna push for 9

It doesn't work like that either.

Management have a number that they won't go past and all Koneckny can really do is try and push for them to get to that number. If he asked for 12M a season it would have no effect on Philadelphia's original number, it would only signal that he is going to be unreasonable and open the thought of trading him. Asking for 12 M would not result in Philadelphia being forced to start at 11M, they would still be at 7 to 8M where they likely are to start negotiating. I suspect he end up at close to or slightly above 8M.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Give his agent permission to find a trade? I don't blame them. You see the team hand Kevin Hayes $7M+ and from that perspective, you'd think you're a $10M player too. Robert Thomas' 8 year $65M ($8.125M AAV) contract is probably closer to what he should be getting.

It will be similar to Timo's deal. Expect 8 years 8.8M-9.2M range
Not the greatest contract...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Feels like the kind of demand you throw out when you want out. He’s worth like 7x7 in free agency, but if you can get 8x10, you suck it up and stick it out. 49 million vs 80 million is no small difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad