Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This was a huge issue in Montreal for the Houle years - guys like Brian Savage and Martin Rucinsky got 1st line contracts because they played on the 1st line, despite being 2nd or 3d liners on most teams.
Talk about a blast from the past!! Always loved me some Martin Rucinsky!

EDIT: And I while I love TK - the Flyers should move him for value at the TDL like the Pens did with Guetzel. Don't expect either player to age gracefully, and I expect a significant underperformance on years 5-8 on the contract. You can live with that if you're a contender in years 1-4, but that's not where the Flyers are in their life cycle.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So $10 mil per is the going rate for a guy that has never cracked 70 points? Bro needs to lay off the edibles.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
$10m is a bit much for a high end Cal Clutterbuck who hasn’t touched anything remotely close to 75 points. Once his mustache connects to his beard he can ask for $10m.

• Haha
Reactions: Voight

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Considering the structure of the players escrow payments, and what happened with the escrow during the Bubble years, if I am a player I am asking for a crazy amount as well, and want the majority paid as a signing bonus.
I believe the players paid 17-18% escrow during the bubble years and got roughly 50% of that amount back.
Yeah I am asking for crazy money as well.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
$10m is a bit much for a high end Cal Clutterbuck who hasn’t touched anything remotely close to 75 points. Once his mustache connects to his beard he can ask for $10m.
When did Clutterbuck come close to leading his team in scoring by 7 points while playing 21 fewer games than 2nd place?

Such an insulting comparison.

Reactions: SnS

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wtf hahahaha if you would've asked me to guess without seeing this I would've expected him to sign for like 4-5M lmao

Bit weird to expect him to take a discount from the contract he's been on for the past 6 years ($5.5M per) when he's only gotten better over that time frame, but you do you, I guess.

Reactions: SnS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad