Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
do we know that actual back story here? He has gone from a fine outstanding off ice person to a self cantered player over night?
Didn't he want out of the Islanders to play specifically in western canada? It doesn't matter if his request is justifiable somehow, its still putting self over team and that was early on in his career. Nothing but more of the same ever since out of the guy, no big surprise really.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
So he’s suspended right? Not on the cap ?
upload_2021-10-14_9-18-12.png

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Has there been any confirmation about what’s going on? Everyone is ripping him over the vaccine but Friedman and Marek are still saying they don’t know anything.

Seems like maybe everyone just started rolling with a rumour and it stuck.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Has there been any confirmation about what’s going on? Everyone is ripping him over the vaccine but Friedman and Marek are still saying they don’t know anything.

Seems like maybe everyone just started rolling with a rumour and it stuck.
I don't understand how it could be vaccine related, wasn't it his daughter who was really sick? Why would you be an antivaxxer when you have a sick kid.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Benning’s already given a press release that this is much, much bigger than a vaccine vs no vaccine problem. The fact that some of you are willing to push hate-filled agendas onto a guy with a severely immunocompromised daughter who’s proven to be nothing but a family man is downright disgusting. Waivers was meant to gain a little cap space prior to the 23-man roster deadline, not to further ostracize him.

This is a personal matter, stop speculating and further spreading your bs misinformation.

Quoting this so people can read it again. Some absolutely asinine comments and speculation in here right now based off nothing more than personal beliefs and poster's own agendas.

Stop projecting your ideals onto Hamonic here.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011

I have no clue what or who this source is, but until I hear or read something from a source routinely vetted/posted on HF Boards, or even regular media, I would take this with a massive grain of salt.

It also doesn't help the credibility of this "report" when they also inject their own opinion into the "news".

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone who is vaccinated, but is accused of not getting the vaccine, would DEFINITELY pipe up and say they got the vaccine.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Aug 3, 2010
Shame, I used to respect Hamonic as a person but guy's reputation is circling the drain (and his on-ice performance wasn't exactly stellar either) and you have to think in this day and age, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Not wishing ill on him or anything, just really hoping he gets everything straightened out - from a hockey perspective, he's running out of time and teams to request trades to.

Reactions: Deen

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Hamonic is entitled to his privacy but it seems that, if this wasn't vaccine-related, it would be easier for him to release a vague but still obvious statement to clarify things. i.e "a family health matter or a personal health matter... thank you for your support". Leaving everyone guessing is always going to lead to a barrage of unsubstantiated rumors. There are professional ways of curtailing this, without letting the cat out of the bag completely.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I wonder if the contract he signed in the summer had a stipulation that he had to get the vaccine.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Hamonic is entitled to his privacy but it seems that, if this wasn't vaccine-related, it would be easier for him to release a vague but still obvious statement to clarify things. i.e "a family health matter or a personal health matter... thank you for your support". Leaving everyone guessing is always going to lead to a barrage of unsubstantiated rumors. There are professional ways of curtailing this, without letting the cat out of the bag completely.

Yeah if you're an anti-vaxxer own up to it.. at this rate it seems like we'll never know.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

That's what I don't get. If it weren't an anti-vax thing, why not just say "he's concerned for the health of his family" and not leave it to wild speculation.

Based on absolutely no one, including himself, the GM, or other sources, chiming in to confirm he is vaccinated, it seems kinda obvious that he isn't.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah no one knows whats actually going on so you have to be careful with speculation, but considering the current climate if he was vaccinated they could easily just say so while keeping the other matter private. The silence implies heavily that he is not vaxxed, and that invites speculation as to why.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Like everyone here I know very little about Hamonic's case, other than previously he has been doing all he can to protect his child with immunity problems.
It makes no sense at all he would be anti-vax. More likely he is worried the league letting some not be vaxxed if they play in certain country.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What a dumb mf, losing millions to wear a tinfoil hat.

My body, my choice bro :laugh:

Jeez I can't believe you lose millions of dollars to not take a little needle. Even a regular anti-vaxxer would probably ignore his beliefs if millions of dollars were on the line. Hopefully he isn't an anti-vaxxer.

Reactions: elmaco

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Vague but obvious statement? His kid is sick. End of story. He doesn’t owe you or anyone else outside of his front office a detailed response to a personal matter. Logic would dictate that if his kid is auto-immune that he would do everything in his power to take care and protect them. Come on now.

Reactions: McHaNugYakEbNurDra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad