Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
His contract should be terminated. I mean he didn't show up.

This is not some argument for or against mandates or whatever.
He didnt show up, plain and simple therefor his contract should be nullified.
Agreed.
A contract has 2 parties. He can't just get paid and be allowed to sit at home.
Especially if this is anti-vax related, hopefully he doesn't find another job.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
There's in general a strong co-relation between "spiritual people" and vaccine hesitency. That can either be certain mainstream religions or new age movements. Obviously anecdotal, but in my social media one of the larger groups I see who are anti-vaccine/lockdown tends to be people who heavily believe in new age self-improvement, and I live in a city that has to be one of the most liberal places in North America. So, it is not like I'm encountering many far-right or devoutley religious people in my social circles.
Oh for sure, that's true as well.

But there's also a political party who are frequently aligned with evangelicism who chose to make Covid a wedge issue. I won't bother saying more, because this isn't a political forum.
But that exacerbates the correlation between fantastical thinking and vaccine hesitancy/anti-vax.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
but does he even get paid now? He never showed up to training camp… won’t that prevent him from seeing that money?

From the sounds of things he was absent with the Canucks’ permission initially, so at least at this point he’s still got a contract.

If no one claims him and the Canucks can’t (or won’t) trade him then yes he’ll then have to report or get his contract terminated.

Jul 6, 2016
From the sounds of things he was absent with the Canucks’ permission initially, so at least at this point he’s still got a contract.

If no one claims him and the Canucks can’t (or won’t) trade him then yes he’ll then have to report or get his contract terminated.

I don't think he will report.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Weird, hopefully he doesn't get claimed because he clearly wanted to stay in Western Canada

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Such a weird case. But I assume he is going to report to Abby and then be put on IR until he figure out if he wants to play or not

Reactions: David71

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sounds like Tarv is going through a rough time. Didn't much care for his play with the Flames but I hope he pulls through all right.

Probably should not have signed that contract if his heart wasn't in it though.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Probably why you have 43 likes since 2005...

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
One of the more disturbing developments over the last year is the insistence that people need to make their medical decisions public.
Agreed.
Everyone seems to think they have a right to know what’s going on with everyone else’s personal life and business.
Hamonic has made a decision based on what he thinks is best for himself and his family.
What that decision is, why he made it, and what he plans moving forward is no one else’s business but his, his family’s, and the Canucks organization (to a limited degree)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not sure we can say he's definitively standing up for something or not. He hasn't really said anything, so we don't have a clue if he's standing up for some belief or if he's just tired of playing hockey or what. So far he's just skipping work and doing the Homer fade into the bushes. :dunno:

9bd3055aeff15b11411a90c8692d5bc9.jpeg

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wasn't this also the player that didn't want to play in the bubble playoffs?

If so, he sounds like a huge pain in the butt and time to show him the door...league wide.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
How would you explain the Jackets terminating Rinaldo's contract after not getting a vaccine?

What a stupid f***ing comment dude.
Would it be less stupid if I told you CBJ didn't terminate Rinaldo's contract, they just uninvited him from camp, or is your mind already made up?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
With the lack of information it just makes it really hard to determine one way or the other. If he's concerned about bringing Covid home to his daughter, then he either shouldn't have signed the contract or should have taken the opt out option. Now that he's on waivers he can be claimed by any team or sent to the minors, which isn't an improvement on the situation. Again only speculating but carrying this line of thought to conclusion it kind of looks like he took a 'take the money and run' approach screwing over the Canucks in the process.
If he's worried about bringing it home, that risk applies for literally every job outside the home. I would think he just retires if that's it.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Benning’s already given a press release that this is much, much bigger than a vaccine vs no vaccine problem. The fact that some of you are willing to push hate-filled agendas onto a guy with a severely immunocompromised daughter who’s proven to be nothing but a family man is downright disgusting. Waivers was meant to gain a little cap space prior to the 23-man roster deadline, not to further ostracize him.

This is a personal matter, stop speculating and further spreading your bs misinformation.

dman34

May 6, 2011
Benning’s already given a press release that this is much, much bigger than a vaccine vs no vaccine problem. The fact that some of you are willing to push hate-filled agendas onto a guy with a severely immunocompromised daughter who’s proven to be nothing but a family man is downright disgusting. Waivers was meant to gain a little cap space prior to the 23-man roster deadline, not to further ostracize him.

This is a personal matter, stop speculating and further spreading your bs misinformation.

I guess the question is, why did he even sign the 2-year contract to play?

Unless something drastically changed since July 28th?

He did sign in good faith to play, not stay home.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I guess the question is, why did he even sign the 2-year contract to play?

Unless something drastically changed since July 28th?

He did sign in good faith to play, not stay home.
I think you answered your own question here. It’s either something changed or he wanted job security and the team was willing to pay LTIR.

Reactions: David71

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder how many bridges he burned when leaving the Isles. Is an American team going to trade for him now, knowing that he might change his mind in a few months again?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If it is vax related, a contract termination is definitely merited.

I'd say I hope the KHL is more lenient than the NHL, but they have to cross borders into the EU...so the DEL or Swiss leagues maybe?

I won't miss him.

Again, "if".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad