Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
If he was anti Vax and not playing in games, couldn’t play hey just suspend him and save his whole cap hit? Why would they waive him and still carry dead cap?

I feel like there’s more to the story here then we all know, as much as everyone loves being in vaccine witch-hunt mode rn
You’re allowed to be anti vaccine and play in the league. They cannot suspend him for passing on the vaccine.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Everyone’s opinion on the vaccine aside, let’s look at this from pure game availability if he doesn’t get vaccinated.

The teams in the Metro and Central make the most sense if anyone picks him up as they only have 1 Canadian team amongst them (Winnipeg in the Central).

So on top of the guaranteed 7 games missed playing in Canada from those divisions, they would miss up to 1 more if a Central team plays a second away game against Winnipeg.

Compare that to it being applied from Vancouver and he’s set to miss around 30 games because the team is required to cross the border and he’s unvaccinated.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
They can suspend him for any games he can't play in, which is I believe at least all home games.
Yes, they can suspend him for the ones he’s not available for. I have failed to address that. What they cannot do is blanket void the deal because of the vaccine, I guess because of the games he in fact is allowed to play.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Yes, they can suspend him for the ones he’s not available for. I have failed to address that. What they cannot do is blanket void the deal because of the vaccine, I guess because of the games he in fact is allowed to play.

not happening…. Sounds like he’s legit getting sent to Abby…. More likely he doesn’t report and then gets suspended or has his contract terminated

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
How would you explain the Jackets terminating Rinaldo's contract after not getting a vaccine?

What a stupid f***ing comment dude.
Lol that's one team and I was talking about a team like Detroit who is keeping Bertuzzi even though he's unvaccinated cause he can play within the borders of America and also getting the vaccine isn't mandatory or atleast you don't need a vaccine passport like Vancouver. God you need to realise they have more than one team in America dummy.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
How would you explain the Jackets terminating Rinaldo's contract after not getting a vaccine?

What a stupid f***ing comment dude.
Would you mind showing me news about zac rinaldo having his deal terminated? The latest I see is from October 1st the Columbus gm quoted as saying they will honour his contract but he is not invited to attend any of their camps.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

nodding-kermit.gif

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Lol that's one team and I was talking about a team like Detroit who is keeping Bertuzzi even though he's unvaccinated cause he can play within the borders of America and also getting the vaccine isn't mandatory or atleast you don't need a vaccine passport like Vancouver. God you need to realise they have more than one team in America dummy.

Keeping Bertuzzi for now but a lot of us fellow Red Wings fans think that he will get traded in the next year or 2. Yzerman did not seemed pleased when asked about Bert being unvaccinated.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Just can’t see any team right now taking on a player who isn’t vaccinated

Aug 10, 2015
Just can’t see any team right now taking on a player who isn’t vaccinated

But you are assuming, based on the admittedly limited available information that he is unvaccinated. If we are going to assume (I would rather not but...), I am going to assume he is vaccinated, but prefers not to further risk the health of his family in a league that doesn't require 100% vaccinations of all players and personnel.

Which of us is correct? No idea, but I believe either is just as likely when we are lacking any clear information.

Reactions: BatVader

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This guy is an idiot and unreliable. When you sign a contract you man up and commit, no excuses.

this is exactly why no team wants him. If he is unwilling to get the shots, and not work a job that pays him 3 million salary per year for 2 years he can take a hike. No team would want him.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
this is exactly why no team wants him. If he is unwilling to get the shots, and not work a job that pays him 3 million salary per year for 2 years he can take a hike. No team would want him.
was it reported that he's unvaccinated? His kid is immunocompromised so that seems weird. Or are you making assumptions here?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
was it reported that he's unvaccinated? His kid is immunocompromised so that seems weird. Or are you making assumptions here?

the entire Canuck community, including members in the MEDIA here speculates it could have to do with vaccination requirements for players to play as for NHLers in Canada. (as you know Bertuzzi will be missing all Canadian games). It's not "reported" we are all familiar with rumors and so for. If it's a family issue the Canucks will grant him leave but right now he is currently waived. We haven't forgotten he also bailed out on the bubble playoffs in 2020.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It's extremely unlikely that he isn't vaccinated and more so that he doesn't want to risk his child getting sick or bringing Covid home to his immunocompromised child. The entire Canucks community DOESN'T think its vaccine related. The man is putting his family first and that's completely fine

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's extremely unlikely that he isn't vaccinated and more so that he doesn't want to risk his child getting sick or bringing Covid home to his immunocompromised child. The entire Canucks community DOESN'T think its vaccine related. The man is putting his family first and that's completely fine

With the lack of information it just makes it really hard to determine one way or the other. If he's concerned about bringing Covid home to his daughter, then he either shouldn't have signed the contract or should have taken the opt out option. Now that he's on waivers he can be claimed by any team or sent to the minors, which isn't an improvement on the situation. Again only speculating but carrying this line of thought to conclusion it kind of looks like he took a 'take the money and run' approach screwing over the Canucks in the process.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
With the lack of information it just makes it really hard to determine one way or the other. If he's concerned about bringing Covid home to his daughter, then he either shouldn't have signed the contract or should have taken the opt out option. Now that he's on waivers he can be claimed by any team or sent to the minors, which isn't an improvement on the situation. Again only speculating but carrying this line of thought to conclusion it kind of looks like he took a 'take the money and run' approach screwing over the Canucks in the process.
He opted out of the playins for his daughter, the writing is on the wall for what is transpiring. If anything Benning knew exactly what could happen and he still took the gamble on it. So Benning gave him a contract without doing his proper due diligence.

Reactions: hn777 and David71

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
No one knows anything and people make assumptions.

Hamonic is just as likely to be discovered as an alien as any of the sad assumptions people are making.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad